News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Idea's for a competition?  (Read 12196 times)

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Idea's for a competition?
« on: September 26, 2006, 05:50:37 AM »
Hey, as you may know i'm going to start a Bully related competition soon. I'm going to run it up untill the 10th of October so i have time to get the prize out to the winner before the release of the game and it's likely that i will have to post it 1/2 way round the world :shock: :-P

The reason why i'm asking for idea's is that i want this to be as fair as possible and i dont want people thinking that something dodgy is going on if someone with 300 posts wins it, I want people with 0 posts to have the same chance of winning obviously.

I've thought about asking a question and picking someone at random from the people that give me the right answer but i have no proof that i have picked someone at random... hmm unless i film myself putting all the names in a hat and picking someone at random then post it on here, but that would be umm weird.

Another thing i could ask everyone what they think the total number of the balls added up in the lottery will be on a certain date and then the winner will be the person with the closest number, that way you could all post your prediction up on the board and that way there will be one winner.

Another one is i'm into cryptology and i could post a code or puzzle you have to solve and the first person to mail me the answer wins the prize, but then again some people may think i've given the answer to someone or myself under another username so i don't have to send it to anyone.

Does anyone else have any idea's on a fair competition?

The prize? a unique piece of Bully memorabilia that i have not seen anywhere else. You could say exclusive to Bully-Board.com :D

(some of you may know what i'm talking about if you used to be a member of the old messageboard ;) )

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 06:02:10 AM »
Do this, start it from say, the first of October to the Tenth, and the forumer, to get the most amount of posts in those 10 days, wins. And make a thread were forumers register.

Hows that sound?

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 07:17:14 AM »
Hmm not really, it will turn the messageboard into a big pile of spam and one word replies for the sake of getting more posts.

Maybe we could have a countdown or something like from 1000 and then the next person puts 999 then 998 and so on and you could only post after someone else not yourself then the person that eventually types 1 will or 0 will win the pize. Could be a bit boring though and open to fraud if someone has two computers and IP masking.

Hmmm. keep thinking me thinks :rolleyes:

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 07:18:32 AM »
Yeah that sounds alright.. but we'd need rules of cause. Like no post whoring - they gotta be like legit posts.. not just a couple of words or something - and no bumping topics just for the sake of getting a better post count. I reckon anyone that does that should automatically throw out of the running..

But whatever.. still brainstorming here.

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 07:20:01 AM »
Soz.. I posted that just after you.. disregard if you like.

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 07:33:45 AM »
Lol, i like your idea dgaf but if they do fraud just ban therte ip.

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 07:37:13 AM »
Dj russ, check your private messages

Offline dusktodawn20

• View Profile
I have a idea
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 08:03:41 AM »
How about you hide 5 or 6 forum post and threads with some kind of puzzle, like say someone would have to find all 6 to get the complete answer to send to you. This answer could make a sentence and the specific words will be bolded and need to be unscrambled to figure out the sentence whatever it may be and the first person that knows the sentence and sends it to you wins. Just an idea.

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 12:10:07 PM »
I have an idea for a competition, we could play an arcade game picked by DGAF till a certain day, and the member with the highest score at the end of that day wins the competition.

This may seem a crappy idea for a competition, but i can't remember anything else :?

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 03:22:55 PM »
I have an idea for a competition, we could play an arcade game picked by DGAF till a certain day, and the member with the highest score at the end of that day wins the competition.

This may seem a crappy idea for a competition, but i can't remember anything else

LOL

I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at this board.

But, in all seriousness, an arcade game like one would be perfect

Offline thebullykid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 04:17:01 PM »
how about starting a trivia forum??? and first one to answer wins

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »
i dont like the post number# one, for one thing its too boring. I like the random one, its definately fair, if done correctly.puzzles arent good, because some people just dont like, or suck at puzzles.  now, what i was thinking is that we could find an online blackjack game, we could all play it online multiplayer and have a tournament, the reason for blackjack is that its more like a lucky type game instead of skill, plus its easy to learn, or we could do the one about the one where you pick a game, and we could see who scores highest.

either way really, as long as its fair, and everyone can do it, it should be fine.

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »
Quote from: DGAF;9430
The prize? a unique piece of Bully memorabilia that i have not seen anywhere else. You could say exclusive to Bully-Board.com

DGAF, what is the prize?????

Could you be more specific?????

Offline thebullykid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 09:20:14 PM »
how about handing out free t-shirts to all???

Offline maniac*4321

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35:29 PM »
I think the champion of the arcade games
should win a prize. ( a free Bully game,....
I hope.)