News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: How strict is the game clock going to be?  (Read 13991 times)

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
How strict is the game clock going to be?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 11:53:37 PM »
Cool.. personally I like the 1 hour in-game = 30min real time.. that'd be more appropriate for a game like this IMO.

Offline BuckatBullworth

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 12:22:27 AM »
yeah 30 minutes sounds cool
i could definetly handle that :cool:

by the way that clock shit you got set
up is awesome

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 12:59:11 AM »
loo, nice clock o_0

i think itl be same as gta, the minigames and classes take chunks of time away. so itl be faster than you think.

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 01:28:01 AM »
Yeah I agree that the mini-games should be faster.. perhaps what they've done is you go to class at say 9:10.. and play the mini-game, and when your finished you come out at say 11:00 or something.. then its 30min for every hour that passes or something.. dunno

Offline Spetz

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/solidcloud
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 01:47:35 AM »
Hmm the clock seems to be a hard decision on Rockstars' part, because they don't want the days to be ridiculously long, then again not as short as the GTA clock. I'd say maybe 15 minutes=1 hour or something of the sort, but alas it's Rockstars' choice in the end. :/

Offline [enforcA]

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 02:37:38 AM »
one thing i was asking myself has to do with "coming too late to a class", someone wrote in an article, that you can actually come up to 30 (in-game) minutes too late into the class and you won't get any trouble for this .. in real life the teacher would say "sorry guy, get out of here, you are 5 minutes to late" .. so, maybe it's like 1 in-game minute is 10 real time seconds, or in other words: 1 in-game hour equals 10 minutes of real time, just a thought..

north american (because bullworth is located in the northern usa) schoolyear has 270 days minimum, including freetime, weekends, holidays, don't know how jimmy passes the summer break holidays, that would add another few days/weeks/months to it, jimmy's day goes from 8 in the morning to 2 in the night ("2 in the night" is the maximum that jimmy can be awake, standard sleeping time for jimmy would be around 23 o'clock), sources wrote the game will take up to over 100 hours to finish it, the other source, a law site that wrote about the jack t. court thing, wrote, the producer said "30 to 40 hours" to complete it (i can't believe that, it would actually be too short)

and yeah, the in-game clock should go not to fast and not too slow, because of all the stuff, like going into class, have a box fight in the gym, making some missions and jobs, some things just need to go quick and other things would be better if you have more time for it, so 10 minutes would be fine, i think and it would fit with the "coming too late to a class without getting trouble for it"

and one more^^:

i think this schedule from the magazine scan is just for illustration, because the shown times are not correct, they should be like this: 8 - jimmy wakes up, 9 to 12 - first part of the schoolday, 12 to 13 - break, 13 to 16 - second part of the schoolday, 16 to 19 - freetime, 19 to 23 - evening (jimmy has to be on campus), 23 to 8 - night begins, jimmy has to be on his room and he should go to bed soon, maximum time jimmy can be awake is 2 o'clock in the night, after that he will automatically fall asleep
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:59:02 AM by [enforcA] »

Offline Spetz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 02:40:47 AM »
Quote from: '[enforcA
;13242']one thing i was asking myself has to do with "coming too late to a class", someone wrote in an article, that you can actually come up to 30 in-game minutes too late into the class and you won't get any trouble for this .. in real life the teacher would say "sorry guy, get out of here, you are 5 minutes to late" .. so, maybe it's like 1 in-game minute is 10 real time seconds, or in other words: 1 in-game hour equals 10 minutes of real time, just a thought..

north american schoolyear has 270 days minimum, including freetime, weekends, holidays, don't know how jimmy passes the summer break holidays, that would add another few days/weeks to it, jimmy's day goes from 8 in the morning to 2 in the night ("2 in the night" is the maximum that jimmy can be awake, standard sleeping time for jimmy would be around 23 o'clock), sources wrote the game will take up to over 100 hours to finish it, the other source, a law site that wrote about the jack t. court thing, wrote the produce said "30 to 40 hours" to complete it

and yeah, the in-game clock should go not to fast and not too slow, because of all the stuff, like going into class, have a box fight in the gym, making some missions and jobs, some things just need to go quick and other things would be better if you have more time for it, so 10 minutes would be fine, i think and it would fit with the "coming too late to a class without getting trouble for it"

and one more^^:

i think this schedule from the magazine scan is just for illustration, because the shown times are not correct, they should be like this: 8 - jimmy wakes up, 9 to 12 - first part of the schoolday, 12 to 13 - break, 13 to 16 - second part of the schoolday, 16 to 19 - freetime, 19 to 23 - evening (jimmy has to be on campus), 23 to 8 - night begins, jimmy has to be on his room and he should go to bed some time later, maximum time jimmy can be awake is 2 o'clock in the night, after that he will automatically fall asleep

Well I believe that the 10 seconds=1 minute is an excelent idea! Hmm I wonder why I didn't think of it myself. It is one of the best ways that R* could do it.

Offline BloodArtist

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 02:45:07 AM »
north american (because bullworth is located in the northern usa) schoolyear has 270 days minimum....

umm isnt it set in ENGLAND????

Offline Spetz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 02:48:49 AM »
Quote from: AgentSmith;13244
umm isnt it set in ENGLAND????

New England actually! Which is in the North-Eastern part of the U.S. consisting of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Offline BloodArtist

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 02:52:33 AM »
OHHHHHHHHHH! i thought it was England....... I thought new england was, well, connected to england. :P , That changes my view on the game Dramatically!!!

Offline Greavesy

• The Jolly old Englishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2006, 03:11:18 PM »
i read somewhere that the clock doesn't start until you do your first mission, but how would that work, like with lessons and stuff, this confuses me

Offline Greavesy

• The Jolly old Englishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2006, 04:13:47 PM »
ah right i get you thx

Offline BuckatBullworth

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2006, 05:45:04 PM »
Quote from: Grindcorecrustpunk;13392
I think it's right when the game starts, before you've done anything, so they will want you to get used to the basic control scheme. They probably just give you time to piss around and not worry about having to be places at certain times.

thats would be cool because it will
probably take some time to adjust for everyone

Offline BloodArtist

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 06:46:24 PM »
well if theres not time, does it ever turn dark??

Offline BuckatBullworth

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2006, 07:05:40 PM »
of course it turns dark