News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Hidden Interiors, Beta Leftovers and OOB Exploration. [Now 80% stickier!]  (Read 139072 times)

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden Interiors, Beta Leftovers and OOB Exploration. [Now 80% stickier!]
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2011, 06:42:40 AM »
Seriously, imagine any of the little kids or girls with bloody faces...

@Chuck: In the Warriors you could beat up innocent women and bloody up their faces.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2011, 12:58:02 PM »
Hah !  Awesome !  (Although in RL, I'm not a woman beater, take note).

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »
I actually DGAF if there's no blood in Bully. It just seems a little silly to me that Jimmy can fall on his skull a billion times and get up and walk away like nothing happened.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »
its a flaming video game for crying out loud, anyway i thought this was the hidden interiors topic?
to anyone interested i should have the flags mod uploaded by the end of this week, iv'e had to cheat with a few flags but they still load nethertheless so im not that bothered.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:09:40 PM by Steman »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
Lol...we tend to go off topic here in Bully Board. Don't worry about it.

But anyways, it was mainly because we were talking about the initial inclusion of acid as a hazard.

As for the mods, I look forward to them. Congrats again.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
Entrance Markers
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knows how to change the locations of entrance markers and also add new ones to the map. I know the location changing can be done as I did it before but I don't remember if it was with exitlocs or trigger.img, please if anyone knows, tell me as I'm dying to know!!!!1 Thanks in advance.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2011, 02:30:09 AM »
thanks for the pleasant welcome, it's nice to see a descent forum with descent people,
i havn't found anything as of yet apart from what i said before, but with most of the people it seems on here using console versions it would be difficult to get modders on here,
mods ive seen are mostly all from editing the .DAT files, if someone could please shed some light on the BlipLocs.DAT and ExitLocs.DAT im sure it would help, their interior oriantated anyway maybe editing these could help?

Did you find a way to edit these bliplocs and exitlocs??? I've been trying really hard and I'm going crazy, please help.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2011, 04:10:43 AM »
allright carlos, i'm sorry mate i havn't tried yet, iv'e been stuck on trying to get the halloween flags to load, which is why part 2 is taking so long, your best bet is asking that ultimate gamer guy, I know you've been trying to get this for a while, so i'm sorry I cant help atm, iv'e made made these markers dissapear before by editing trigger.img if thats any consolation, perhaps they can by remapped to a different possition by changing the areacode and coords?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Entrance Markers
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2011, 05:59:35 AM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knows how to change the locations of entrance markers and also add new ones to the map. I know the location changing can be done as I did it before but I don't remember if it was with exitlocs or trigger.img, please if anyone knows, tell me as I'm dying to know!!!!1 Thanks in advance.

Trigger I believe just changes where the entrance/exit takes you to.

However, to change where the markers show, I think that, as I said before, the trick lies within BlipLocs and ExitLocs.

BlipLocs, I think, represent the blue markers, whereas ExitLocs represent the green markers.

I have noticed that there are coordinates in both files, so maybe those determine their location in the game.

Going back on this thread, I've always wondered what those triangles were that Weremuffin was talking about. A black triangle under the junkyard path, and a white triangle under the school entrance? I want to see those, honestly.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2011, 04:02:05 AM »
Update ***
Hidden interiors Flags V.10 will be ready for release shortly  :D
i'm just making a short video and finishing off a few files, the flags and mission appearances are as follows:
Halloween1         Halloween
Halloween2         Halloween
Halloween3       Halloween
vote                  The Candidate
TombstonePost      Halloween
PumpkinPost      Halloween
RL_rich1         Race the Vale
Christmas              Chapt2Transition
nutcracker         Nutcrackin'
Rudy1         Rudy the Red Nosed Santa
Rudy2         Rudy the Red Nosed Santa
Rudy3              Rudy the Red Nosed Santa
delivery             Discreet Deliveries
Miracle         Miracle on Bullworth St
2s07           Small Offences
Chapt1-6 transitions  (Winter/Augest/Spring/Summer)
Rats in the Library      (Shipping case in library)
The Gym Is Burning    (Demolished gym)
Complete Mayhem       (Trashed Library/Gym/Dorm)
Final Showdown          (School Roof)
Tattoo Parlor              (without the selection screen)

Sadly I havn't been able to get the school voting flag or the full halloween items to load, (i think this is due to a certain mission becoming completed once the game loads as iv'e made the items dissapear during load up, but not made them appear during endless summer)

If I have missed anything out please post ASAP

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
From what I have found the bliplocs is only for showing the location on the map/radar of various things like shops...hideouts...bus stops...etc and has nothing to do with the blue markers. The blue markers are controlled from what I have seen mostly from the various .dat files inside the trigger.img file. Hope that helps.

I am currently mapping out the trigger.img dat files to figure out what every part of their syntax does since editing those does cause changes in the game and I have already posted screenshots of two areas ive onlocked complete with the blue circles for the doors for both areas. So it stands to reason that trigger.img is the key to all of this. Tho I confess it would make things easier if someone did manage to figure out how to decompile the lua scripting since thats where the main stuff in the game can be changed which also includes the curfew times which I am working to circumvent too. Already had one instance that I have yet to replicate of being able to last till 4am before passing out then game crash.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2011, 08:43:26 PM »
What does ExitLocs do, then?

And also, what program can I use to extract the encoded idb file within the ide.img file? Please bear with me, I'm such a noob when it comes to this stuff. >_<

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
imgtool version 2.0 which you can find on google pretty easily. GTAGarage has it as well as a few other sites. the exitlocs works like the bliplocs and just shows on the radar/map where the exit points are for the map area you are in ..namely when inside a building like the school....gym...hangouts...etc

for now tho you can use imgtool and extract the default.idb file and hex edit that one normally like you would the ide.img file but in this case you dont have to worry about making the file larger or smaller since it is just a encoded text file. even if you swap stuff out for various characters and more spaces...etc are used it should not hurt anything and all you have to do then is just take your modded default.idb file...and just delete the original in the ide.img and add the changed file since it will not let you replace it due to file sizes being too different.

I do have a better img editing tool if you want it...just pm me and I will link you to it from my clan's server.

Offline ArchDemon436

• King Of The School
  • One step means One chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
I have imgtool but when I extract the default.idb and use that one instead of the ide it crashes my pc even though I have not touched or hex edited it my pc is sensitive and I don't know what's the problem it should load the game just fine I might need some help

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »
well...dont extract default.idb to use as a replacement for default.ide since even tho both files are the same....the .idb file is encoded in a way that I havent been able to identify yet. and the game loads that before the ide which I do find a bit odd since it appears that default.ide doesnt get used since all the same data in that file is already in the idb which is loaded instead. If I am not making any sense just let me know...lol. Kinda running on fumes as I type this since I have only slept 20 mins in the past 30 hours