News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Hidden Interiors, Beta Leftovers and OOB Exploration. [Now 80% stickier!]  (Read 139978 times)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
Re: Hidden Interiors, Beta Leftovers, Markers and OOB Exploration.
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:22 PM »
yea i know what your on about mate, but as far as im aware their is no asi loader for this game yet i dont think, and even then you would need a .dll for it similar to gta? but the subject were talking about doesnt need a .asi loader, all we want to do is just simply edit a few files and make the game load a specific version of an interior,
eg the nutcracker mission version of the auditorium, the trashed girls dorm etc instead of the normal versions,
the problem is we dont know which file or which part of the file to edit to do this
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:38:19 PM by Steman »

Offline Weremuffin

• This title has no innuendo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »
For some reason, I think the Nutcracker version of the auditorium is a different interior.
*shrugs* It seems to differ from the normal one.

Anyway, Welcome to the forums NTAuthority.
As far as I can tell, The two bits you quoted appear to be something along the lines of Flags.
For more info, Check http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EventFlag

Flags are very useful, But sometimes they may glitch, causing you to perhaps be unable to leave a building. This actually happened once during the Final Mission.
I had entered Harrington House, Beat up Derby and his goons, Ran upstairs to trash the conservatory, went back down and.. The exit marker was gone.
*shrugs* Only happened that one time though.

Anyway. So, unless I've completely misread what you said. It could be possible to make it snowy in "Endless Summer"? Interesting.
What about the snow just before the end of Chapter 2?

edit: @Steman: Hey, What's that last image? "EFLC [date here]"
Is that one of the interiors? Or did it get slipped in by accident?

Also, Such a strange looking door in the beta comic store.
I wonder if the beta comic stores were to be only seen in cutscenes?

Also. The F-Zero looking interior. Isn't that from one of the arcade games?
If Jimmy can appear there.. Does that mean the character you play as in that game could appear in the exterior world?

Anyway. @Again at Steman about chipped: Not entirely sure about the PS2 and 360, But the Wii can with the right homebrew app.
But this is bordering rule breakage(I think), And thus the right homebrew app won't be mentioned. Besides, I don't even recall what It's called.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:02:56 PM by Weremuffin »

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GZWN
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 07:01:44 PM »
yea i know what your on about mate, but as far as im aware their is no asi loader for this game yet i dont think, and even then you would need a .dll for it similar to gta? but the subject were talking about doesnt need a .asi loader, all we want to do is just simply edit a few files and make the game load a specific version of an interior,
eg the nutcracker mission version of the auditorium, the trashed girls dorm etc instead of the normal versions,
the problem is we dont know which file or which part of the file to edit to do this
That's what NT is making.... Anyhow, the script hook would be very useful. You'd be able to do up a noclip script and go through walls, save coords to a file and edit/share/load them, have the game load missions to get to mission interiors, load certain interiors, etc. Beyond the uses for interior hunting, you could even develop your own missions, control peds, etc.

But the Wii can with the right homebrew app.
But this is bordering rule breakage(I think), And thus the right homebrew app won't be mentioned. Besides, I don't even recall what It's called.
Just as long as there's no talk of piracy, it's fine.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:26:22 PM by AJ Collins »

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2010, 04:45:28 AM »
hello niff youve raised some great quetions, firstly i can confirm sadly that the nutcracker one IS in the same location, its just as you say sadly that we need to enable certain flags to get their, same with the boys dorms the end mission tower location and every other which isnt accesible, yea i must have slided that one in instead of another interior, the screenies all share the same folder hehe,
and i havn't a clue about them comic book stores, they have some similarity but noticable differences and 2 walls on each are missing so may be your right, and the pic is from the 3rd racetrack, and i was thinking exactly the same question, it would be ace to fire that thing at people!,
i think for the ps2 you could use 1 of them gamesharks but youd have to make/get a code, the 360 im unsure i only know you can get it chipped,
@AJ yea i aint questioning the realm of possibilities it can bring, what im questioning is the effect of use, unless you or nt or the savour of bully modding randomly pops out the woodworks and makes these .asi's then were in big trouble, just look at the response of this thread, about 5 people all intotal have replied, the games about 3 years old, and the lack of interest/ability in modding this game makes the outlook look grim,
what i think we need to concentrate on (in regards to interiors anyway) is finding out how to load errored areacodes, and enabling those darn blasting flags!11!!SHIFT11!1ONE!

Offline Weremuffin

• View Profile
.. Not sure if I said, But @Steman: The Tattoo place likely freezes due to that when you enter it normally the Tattoo selection bit automatically opens.
.. I mean that, Because you entered it incorrectly(not via the marker), It wasn't able to load something it should of, hence freezing. Maybe.
Likely with a code or something the freezing could be prevented.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
allrighty, the tattoo place loads fine, its just that it loads the default camera angle and the tattoo selection everytime you enter that heavon/world/areacode whatever you wanna call it, im sure its easily disabled if we can find the right part to change, if we can disable the camera and the selecting the tattoo bit then we could make the interior fully accessable

Offline Weremuffin

• View Profile
Now this is making me wonder if it'd be possible to make a Camera Control code.
So you could control the camera anytime, even cutscenes.

Hm, I think I saw a document once for making a camera control code, But not sure where I saw it. Probably Romhacking.net

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
Re: Hidden Interiors, Beta Leftovers and OOB Exploration. [Now 80% stickier!]
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 01:34:51 AM »
Has anyone found out how to map the markers to put them infront of doors and the window by the tenements?

Mike_W

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »
 I don't think anyone has yet, but don't worry about the tenements, you can get back in there with some errands.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2010, 12:00:33 PM »
I removed the teeth from the Fun House in the carnival through the World.img, there is still a collision, could that be removed as well?

Mike_W

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2010, 12:07:28 PM »
I would assume that could be done. I think the way it works is that the teeth are simply images attached as a "prop" to a "wall". I'm not exactly sure how Bully is programmed, but usually there is some sort of barrier property used and images such as walls or in this case teeth, are applied to it to give it a realistic appearance.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2010, 12:21:08 PM »
I did it, I removed the collision, I can access the Fun House anytime I want now, without being in a mission.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »
Now that is FAR OUT !!

Chrissy

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »
Kudos to you, I don't have the patience to do that.

Offline Repo Man

• View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2010, 09:09:35 AM »
Impatient Chrissy.