News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: NES Questions  (Read 107719 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: NES Questions
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2011, 07:08:49 AM »
Ah, the elusive Punks.  Back at the Vale Valley after all this time.  Real Mean MF'er, from what I hear. 

And Jake has brokered a deal with them.  Their leader, Sid, must be impressed with the ballsy way that Jake dared to inflitrate their lair.  Now, I wonder what the plan is ?

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »
A question here....How far is Hal & Norton going to be allowed to go ?

And another......Should they be busted, or not be busted ?

Mike_W

« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2011, 11:49:21 PM »
To both those questions: It doesn't really matter. Whether you or I do that part, I mostly added this segment in for fun and laughs. I'm not too concerned about how it ends up.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2011, 12:50:25 AM »
Ok, didn't know if you had a plan.  Just wondering if it would be a good idea to have them busted with their pockets stuffed with panties, or let them escape with the panties.  I can just see Hal sniffin' them later in the darkness of the Autoshop.

Great having them wind up in Karen's panty drawer.  Even I didn't know what was in there !

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
Never Ending Story Question?..
« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2012, 04:07:34 AM »
Well, I just started reading the NES, And I'm up to page 4. And since it is finished, I was wondering if their is ever going to be something like that again?

Maybe when Mercury returns or something?

Maybe do a whole new story and not make it so predictable and fictional, It is not predictable so far but it was predicable that Jake would turn bad. I mean Jake killing const? Are you kidding me? And driving a car :o lol
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:11:25 AM by AlexTheGreaser »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: Never Ending Story Question?..
« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2012, 05:45:04 AM »
Well, it isn't finished....Yet.  There will be a couple more pages to go.  I work on it when I have time.  It's closed off because I'm drawing the plot threads together for the conclusion.  At the end it will be in the area of 400,000 words.

There will be an after...Sort of a Never Ending Summer.  But, If you would like to start your own story, feel free to do so, here in this section.  Several others have tried, but went nowhere after a while.  I've been working on the NES since late 2009.  As you can see, the first chapter is rather chaotic, and I have re-written it, along with parts of chapter 2.  Anyway, it gets better from there.

Thanks for reading.  I think it's a good story, all in all.  Although I have written many short stories, this is my first long story attempt.  It's quite different as we had many authors to start with.  Some of the things I wouldn't have brought into the story, but I didn't really get serious about it until I wrote the end of the first chapter.  Then I could see it had possibilities to become much more. 

Edit....Constantinos isn't dead.  Just a spoiler.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2012, 05:50:25 AM »
Thanks for spoiling it for me -_-

But to be honest, I cant be shitted to start my own NES. Because it will get absolutely no where.

What would be the point of a "Never Ending Summer story" ?

Would it be like an after-math?

I did a Lucky story but that was to long, so I sort of quit story writing, lol. I would probably join in though if people where forced to read it xD

So, would their ever be another similar thing to the NES is my question?..

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
LOL, I don't think I'm going to go through such a long story again.....It's been fun, but just For-r-r-ever.

Never Ending Summer ?  Sure, why not.....Bully has it's Endless Summer.

Think I'll merge this with the NES questions......

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2012, 03:50:08 PM »
^ Did it for you.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »
Ok....Thanks.  I seem to be missing my 'Merge' option for some reason.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2012, 01:27:04 PM »
Chuck, did you plan your story before, or is it all improvised as you go?

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2012, 06:20:30 PM »
Mercury actually started the story in Fall 2009.  I came in on page 3.  At first, about everything was improvised.  The first 'planned' piece on my part was the Halloween Bombings to end Chapter 1.  So, how to top that ?  From then on, all the Chapter ending were given planned 'dramatic' endings (The Clique War, The Valentine Bloodbath [borrowed in part from 'Carrie'], The Townie Attack, and the upcoming Final Showdown). 

Several people contributed to the story early on (which is why Chapter 1 is such a mess - I have edited that and added appx. 6,000 words on my edited copy [not yet posted here] that gives greater continuity to the chapter, likewise Chapter 2 has an edited 2,000 words added).  Participated fell off by Chapter 3 to just three of us, basically myself, Mercury, & Mike.  Several story threads were introduced in the first 3 chapters which I am attempting to bring to resolution by the end of the story. 

Some of the new characters it was not my idea to bring in....Notably Kurt....but I have worked stories around them.  The characters of Johnny, Beatrice, and Earnest were written out of the the story at the start (not by me....I did send Lola away, however).  I brought in the character of Nick from another story at the start of Chapter 3 to give Tony some 'backup muscle', and because I liked the character.  Laurent was brought in by Mercury at the start.  (I also brought in 'Bob' as kind of a counteract to Russell, who was sent away early but brought back).

It wasn't my intention to have Jake flee the school so permanently, at first, but after the bombings I knew I couldn't bring him back as a regular student.  It worked out though, for he has been able to wreak more havoc from without than within.  His time, and ultimate defeat, will be the climax of Chapter 5.   

In Chapter 2, it became obvious to me that a timeline had to be established and the main plot lines had to be somewhat planned, and the overriding plot line became the corruption of Bullworth and the Vale Valley.  Much of the smaller stuff is on the fly (for example, I didn't really plan on putting Kurt and Pinky together, it just sorta happened, Stockholm Syndrome -like).  My main task is to now bring all the plot lines together to a conclusion, so no more new plots are going to be written.  And yes, I plan on resolving the plotlines of Kurt, Damon, Algie, and Lance.

So, I guess the answer would be....It's a bit of both.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »
Interesting...

My other question is, since I came to the story a bit late, I didn't catch what Derby is asking from Kurt. What are those papers he has to sign for? I know Mr. Smith is in it to avenge Gary.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »
Those were letters to his Clique, to Pinky, and Dr. Crabblesnitch, saying he was leaving school and the Bullworth area forever.

Mr. Smith is doing it because he is somehow (not explained) in debt to the Harrington family, and because he doesn't want it to become known (outside of those few who do know) that Jake is his other grandson (by his daughter).  The fate of both Mr. Smith's son and daughter is not told, but is implied that they are in prison.

As you know, Mr. Smith is continually talking about how he built his 'Empire', meaning here the Vale Valley (he was an early business developer).  He retired, intending his son to take over, but the son failed him.  Mr. Smith then banked everything on his grandson, Gary....But now, Gary is dead, and his other less-than-desirable grandson, Jake, has been on the rampage.

Mr. Smith's life sucks, but he is no killer. He's been ashamed of what Jake has done, and has been a less-than-willing participant in Kurt's abduction, and was secretly horrified at the lengths that Derby was going to, fearing that Derby's actions would result in killing Kurt.  He convinced Derby to do it his way, i.e beat Kurt into submission [aka, how it was done in the novel '1984'], and to let him go when he broke and gave in to Derby's demands. 

Derby is no dummy.  He doesn't expect Kurt will just blow town.  Soon, it will be revealed how Derby insures that Kurt....Well, no spoiler here.  you'll have to keep reading.

Mike_W

« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
Chuck, how much more is in store for the school year? I had sort of a good idea for a sort of continuation of the story...like, after the students graduate.