News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *Tutorial* How to change skins DETAILED  (Read 42898 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: *Tutorial* How to change skins DETAILED
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
Hey Greasers, 

As Steman said above basicly, thinking outside the box is really the way forward in any game modding wether it be bully, gta series or another game. Like Steman, I do not really think of myself as a great modder since I refuse flat out to put myself on a pedestal like that (ego does not drive me here) and just prefer to think of myself as a modder.

While it is true that Steman and I together have released more then anyone has total...at the same time I prefer to think of it like this: Steman and I have helped shape the future of bully modding as well as show that teamwork can be very rewarding to those that are willing to put differences aside and team up with one or more ppl to get some releases out.

It should never be about a modder stating he or she refuses to help those that never help themselves or anything like that since talk like that is rude and really gets ppl nowhere. I found that there is a larger benefit of sharing information even if its not the full answer but say....most of it. It can help whomever that reads or uses it learn by also giving said person ideas that they never had before to try. This is what helps a modding community grow. Not ppl that show off what they can do....what other could do if they try...but refuse to take part in the community at large.

I like to think that Steman...RedBlaster, myself and others here have helped pave the way for our community to really become great and for newbies to be comfortable coming here to ask questions and to learn without feeling intimidated like in other communities where so much as asking a innocent question gets you either banned or flamed out of the community. As long as I have any say in the matter....that will not happen here since if it did, that would just defeat the purpose of even having a community.

Far as your tutorial goes, great job on it. If you would like I can help you with writing more tutorials that have not already been covered if you want help of any kind or maybe some ideas on a tutorial to make that has not been done yet, since atm, the sky's the limit on what we all can accomplish here with bully.

and btw greasers, I also added some karma to ya since you do deserve it for being a active part of the community since that is what we all need.  8)

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 05:09:48 PM »
Thanks. Red, Stem, and you are a good team :)

Anyway, what other tutorials would there have too be?

I think the skin was a largely requested one (maybe not) but whatever. maybe I can teach newbies how to hex edit Characters in, but in a very understandable way, but it wouldn't have to be added into the umt since I think a tut about that has already been there.

So there's no point doing that tutorial unless people didn't understand the method that's on the umt, but that method is pretty much the same method I use.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
I think their are many tuts that need doing for umt to be honest, its nice to see some people gaining from it but their are others which cant understand it well, even though its been fully revamped aswell, I don't see why you can't help to contribute tuts to umt if you want, it was originally red and mads job but mad seems to busy to do these refurbished tuts and reds nowhere to be seen, iv'e only come back on to post the model id tuts so the release would get used, yea just pm the tut to mad or red i suppose and they will add it in, the more the merrier

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »
But it would just look like a clone   :cheersad:

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 05:31:40 PM »
it shouldnt look too bad, red/mad will just paste your tuts into the correct section with "tutorial 2 by Greasers" in purple next to it, it will look similar to the skin mod section

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 05:33:18 PM »
Okay. I'll send what it will look like too you rather then creating a new topic.

Offline Santa Cole

• "Housingly Challenged" Santa
  • Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 09:38:41 PM »
Really helpful and detailed guide Greaser, Thanks  :)

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 01:46:45 AM »
Thanks Cole, I am glad too help people. When I was writing this tut I was thinking "I'm getting bored f this" but then I kept going..

It takes courage.. Spirit... And LOVE...

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »
As well as refusal to ever give up no matter how tough it is. That is how I drive myself in life regardless if I am game modding, doing artwork, making sites or just doing things not pc related. (doesn't help that I am a bit of a perfectionist as well...lol)

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »
great tutorial thanks. how long should it take to add? cause its taking a while for me

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 07:09:13 PM »
@Bullymodder, It should take like 2 minutes. Maybe close internet tabs and it will load faster.

I'm glad to help you though since I remember you said you where more interested in changing skins then fighting styles :D

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »
do the files u renamed HAVE to be in stream? or can they be another folder

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »
Yes, to add they HAVE to be in stream for the adding and rebuilding archive bit. After you have done it just move it to a new folder (if you want) But only move it out after you have added and rebuilt archive

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 07:20:17 PM »
lol thanks so much dude. ve tried this like 5 times, and that was always my problem. if u ever want to know anything aout modding ill help u if i can

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 07:25:47 PM »
I'm assuming it worked? :D

So, who's the character you changed skins to?

And thnx bud, I'll ask you for help if I need it :)

I'm going to make another tut now, very mini though.