News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: OPS2 (PlayStation 2 Australia) Article  (Read 2557 times)

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
OPS2 (PlayStation 2 Australia) Article
« on: October 05, 2006, 01:55:28 AM »
I got the latest issue of OPS2 magazine today, and theres just a small article in there, here it is for anyone who wants to read it:

BULLIED

Sticks and stones will break your bones, but names will never hurt you. Or so they say anyway. Unless of cause you've called your videogame Bully. if you recall the facts from last month's cover feature, Bully was absorbing a great deal of flak in Europe and it was looking increasingly like the game would not be released outside of the US.

OPS2 is one of the few media outlets in the world that has actually seen the game in action and can attest that the content of the game is quiet mild, and naturally not even remotely as edgy or subverse as protestors would have you believe. As a result we assumed the only hurdle to geetting it approved for sale was the name itself - Bully.

Interestingly, Rockstar has since announced a new name for its schoolyard sim - Canis Canem Edit, the Latin motto for Bullworth Academy. Our Latin's a little rusty, but apparently it means dog eat dog.

Hence, Bully will still release in October, albelt now dubbed Canis Canem Edit. It has already been rated M by the Office of Film and Literature Classification, one below the highest MA15+ rating.

Offline Xeo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 02:23:18 AM »
Yeah...I've heard things are kinda rough on video games in Austrailia...
Glad to see you aussi folk able ot enjoy the game though, that's always a plus.

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 04:04:57 AM »
Actually it really had more to do with Europe.. after all if it doesnt come out in Europe - the chances of it coming out in Australia are slim also.

But yeah you are right - we really do need an R rating at least.. a lot of games get banned because of that.

Offline Ubernube

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 10:37:27 AM »
I know I don't live in Austrialia (unless something teleported my house there for some random reason) but it sucks that their ratings look a bit more strict then the U.S's. But hey, at least the game IS coming out.

Offline fraybentos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:39:18 PM »
Yep the game will not be banned because the name has been changed and there is not a drip of blood or deaths so why are people always portesting i just dont get it:confused:

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 03:06:47 PM »
Because people are ignorant

Offline Jaxono

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 05:44:58 PM »
An Ignorance is bliss...... Damn them Blissfully annoying people!

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 01:37:17 AM »
Mmm.. protesters dont know shit about the game.. its funny, you guys see that video of that black guy getting all pissed when the camera man didnt agree with what he had to say? He was like "Well it hasnt even been released yet - not even a trailer, so how about we just let people decided when they see it..".. "NO NO NO! We gotta get this done now!!" lol..

Offline apimplovesgames

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 09:26:59 AM »
If I was a protester I would feel real stupid right about now.