News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: FanFic Questions And Comments  (Read 52502 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: FanFic Questions And Comments
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »
Naw, it's just a short, short story that came to mind.

But, you know......What if ?

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2013, 10:51:08 PM »
Interesting the direction the Bryce story is taking.  The promise of more to come (the 'hook') is a well-used and effective ploy.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2013, 06:56:28 AM »
Yep, that was the plan. I also have got a played out ending for the story, but I'm thinking of some storylines as for now, I have a few things in mind to keep the story rolling.

Anyways, I'm reading the 14 Hour War Fanfiction.... It's quite different, indeed.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:59:17 AM by Evolution »

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2013, 07:16:36 PM »
I've got big plans for my Zombie Fanfic, but I  think I think I'll be changing some minor things around... As for one, I most likely won't have it set in Bullworth for that much longer... I mean, maybe for a a few more posts, but that idea is going to be abandoned soon enough.

Tony is still in my mind, though. Got some ideas for him, Heh. And Gary as well, got some plans for him... Oh yeah >:D

My most recent post in the Zombie Fanfic wasn't the best outta' the bunch of others, but I wanted to get it over and done with, Gary may be in future posts... Alexo most likely won't, I just put him in there for extra action and don't plan on keeping him, as I never intended to have Gary breaking out with someone else in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:28:14 AM by Evolution »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2013, 01:49:44 AM »
Oh, Great.  So you killed yourself.  Way to go, Alexo !!!

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2013, 01:55:02 AM »
Eh, I don't fancy having myself as a main character in MY own Fanfic... Who knows, though?... Afterall, there's a chance that he's alive. As it said,
Perhaps even dead.

Anyways, yeah, the Fanfic isn't going to be set in Bullworth for that much longer... But, the future posts, I'm going to try and make REAL good, as best as they can be.

Waddya' think of it so far?... Oh, and be blunt please :P

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2013, 02:05:13 AM »
Actually.....I like it cuz I'm still reading it.  (uninteresting stories I usually quit reading after the first thousand words or so).  So, that's a plus+

No need to put "So and So's Point of View" in there.  Simply switch to the other character after a break....or, you can insert.....

---------------------------------------------------------

.....as a buffer when changing scenes and/or characters.  You might notice I use this......

.....at the end of my posts, generally to mark a break in the action, or switching of characters or locations in the next post. 

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2013, 02:13:11 AM »
That said above, I really hate it when writers switch to a 'First Person' view in their stories when they had been writing the story as from a third-person standpoint.  You notice I don't ever do that. It's too confusing to the reader.

Not saying that first person stories are bad, but if one starts with that format (the telling of the story entirely from that person's POV, where they use phrases like "I heard" or 'I saw")  then the story should continue that way, and not switch back and forth into an observational, or third person role. 

For example, my little short short story, 'Character Revenge' was done from 1st person POV entirely, though that's not my favorite way to write stories. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:14:47 AM by ChuckX »

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2013, 02:16:52 AM »
Yeah, I do in fact notice that you had used the "++++++++++++++++" or "-----------" bit a lot when switching from the characters POV or whatever, which is a good tactic in story writing, I may use that in the future when it's needed.

As for the First Person & Third Person Topic, I planned on doing it mainly first person... But I've come to know that I prefer 3rd Person writing over 1st Person which I've so far stuck to in the Fanfic, as it can reveal a lot more and get the reader to get a better understanding of the story and the character itself.

And Thanks Uncle Chuck! I'm glad that you like the story, it usually inspires the writer to continue when there's someone reading it.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2013, 02:22:47 AM »
I keep tabs on my readership by checking the 'Viewed xxxx Times'.....It lets me know some are still checking in on it.  Right now, it's well over 27K and heading to 28K.  Most, I think, are "Guests" or other outside readers, since there are only a few here I know are keeping up with it.

Since I'm in the middle of the juicy character 'sex' parts right now, I expect that will go WAY up. 

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »
Most likely, I was surprised at all the sex scenes, but I guess it won't come as a surprise in the future.

Anyhow, Tony is still in my mind... You'll be surprised at how 'Evil' he'll be, heh heh heh. And, as for Bryce... I have plans to make him a slight loner, even make him slightly obsessed and even, 'Sociopathic' to get revenge on Derby, but not just on him... His family and friends, do 'Immoral' things in the name of revenge... Perhaps 'Warp' his mind a little bit.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:57:54 PM by Evolution »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2013, 04:48:14 AM »
I must say....The last post in the Bryce story is the most insightful piece I've ever seen you put up.  Really good character examination.  That what draws the reader's attention and makes the character more real.  Good Job.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2013, 04:57:08 AM »
Thanks, it really does mean a lot coming from an author like yourself, I appreciate it. :)

Expect more of the 'Insightful' posts in the future... More of that coming, and soon enough, more action will come... Whole lotta' action.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2013, 05:08:28 AM »
It's the interior glimpses, the motivations, the fears, the psychosis, that draws me.  Things like that give the character....Well, Character, Identity, Feeling.  The reader begins to relate to, and come to care about the character, and what happens to them.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2013, 05:14:52 AM »
Believe it or not, you may care about what happens to Derby... And need I say... Perhaps even start rooting/ feeling sorry for Derby.

You'll come to know what I'm talking about in the future, though... As it's too early to say now.