News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Luac Compiler Help  (Read 3597 times)

Offline FearlessBloodseeker

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
Luac Compiler Help
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:01:26 AM »
Hi guys, I'm just digging around the LuaC corner n' stuffs. I downloaded the Lua Compiler and installed the VS 2008. Anyway, I got an error in this. I pressed Start > Run > cmd.exe and typed in luac -o ArcRace1.lur BodyGuardTest.lua and I received this: "luac is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

So anyone, any ideas on how do I fix on this?

Offline DarbyHarringtonMind

• XX
  • Move forward, Don't look back........
    • View Profile
Re: Luac Compiler Help
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 06:06:47 AM »
Hi guys, I'm just digging around the LuaC corner n' stuffs. I downloaded the Lua Compiler and installed the VS 2008. Anyway, I got an error in this. I pressed Start > Run > cmd.exe and typed in luac -o ArcRace1.lur BodyGuardTest.lua and I received this: "luac is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

you download luaC...file???
add in LUA luaC THAT.....

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 06:09:21 AM »

you download luaC...file???
add in LUA luaC THAT.....

Can you type properly? Lol. I don't get what are you saying. And what LuaC file? Add in LUA LuaC "that" what?

Offline xbetstyler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:13:01 AM »
you must include where your luac.exe is installed before the luac -o ArcRace1.lur BodyGuardTest.lua.

Like example make a folder "lua" in you local disk(c)
put the all file such as luac.exe and all other stuff also included your ArcRace1.lur and BodyGuardTest.lua file in that folder.

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 06:20:11 AM »
you must include where your luac.exe is installed before the luac -o ArcRace1.lur BodyGuardTest.lua.

Like example make a folder "lua" in you local disk(c)
put the all file such as luac.exe and all other stuff also included your ArcRace1.lur and BodyGuardTest.lua file in that folder.

I made a new folder in Local Disk C named "LUA". Okay so I add every LuaC stuffs including BodyGuardTest.lua (It's still notepad tho) And still get the same error.

Offline xbetstyler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 06:29:26 AM »
try this type in run cmd hit enter then type

cd c:\lua hit enter

luac -o ArcRace1.lur BodyGuardTest.lua hit enter

Offline DarbyHarringtonMind

• XX
  • Move forward, Don't look back........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 07:03:07 AM »
maybe you forgot to lua files OUT........

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
Like betsyler said you must write the luac.exe path first.

For example: cd C:\luac bully

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 03:30:57 PM »
You can also edit your path settings in windows to include where the luac.exe is located at and then you can run it from any folder and not need to have it stored in the same folder as your scripts.

I personally store luac.exe in the root of my c drive and put all scripts that I am working on there since I have nothing else in the root of my c drive....but I only do this since I know what I am doing and don't get too confused about several files being in that part of my drive.

If you choose to do this how I do...just go to run in your start menu...type cmd to open command prompt. Then type cd \ and it will take you to the root of your c drive (main drive for most people) and if you put luac.exe there....then just store all scripts you are currently working on there. I store my finished scripts elsewhere in their own folder so I don't get too many files at once in the root of my c drive.

I will eventually code up a gui for the compiler so command line won't be needed and all you will need to do is just use a gui to compile all scripts and maybe even do batch compiling since I have noticed that some people do have a hard time with command prompt. I have no such issues since I have been around computers since ms-dos was the latest os and still remember every single dos command which also works on windows command prompt since command prompt in windows is just a emulated dos and nothing more. And a FYI for the nerdy types out there...dos actually stands for Disk Operating Shell.  :biggrin: