News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Fighting Theme Changer  (Read 3146 times)

Offline FearlessBloodseeker

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
Fighting Theme Changer
« on: June 22, 2012, 06:32:42 AM »
Hi guys, I was wondering if it is possible to create a tool that changes fighting themes. What I mean is like: Changing greasers theme to Fighting Johnny Vincent, Prefects Chase theme to Cops Chase theme.
If it is possible to create or change manually please post here. If it is impossible I will just lock the thread.

Thanks in advance.

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting Theme Changer
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
Hi guys, I was wondering if it is possible to create a tool that changes fighting themes. What I mean is like: Changing greasers theme to Fighting Johnny Vincent, Prefects Chase theme to Cops Chase theme.
If it is possible to create or change manually please post here. If it is impossible I will just lock the thread.

Thanks in advance.

We do not have the tools for that yet, its tided to the faction ID in the game engine which we aren't able to crack yet.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
Actually this is simple to do.

I can see about getting time today to code a quick ingame script that lets you change themes since its controlled entirely by the lua scripts and I know what lines of code are used for the ingame music. I don't have the music listed entirely so some of it will be some guesswork....but its certainly doable.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:10:50 PM »
I would imagine a simple name swap would work, similar to the mission select mod

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:09:57 PM »

I can see about getting time today to code a quick ingame script that lets you change themes since its controlled entirely by the lua scripts and I know what lines of code are used for the ingame music. I don't have the music listed entirely so some of it will be some guesswork....but its certainly doable.

Sorry but I don't know what's lua scripts lol
And since it is simple to do, can you prolly show some guides?

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »

Sorry but I don't know what's lua scripts lol
And since it is simple to do, can you prolly show some guides?

lua scripting is how the game works, think of it like a set of instructions that the game reads to enable certain events, theres no point doing guides or anything just yet as the decompiler hasn't been fully released as of yet

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 01:27:42 PM »
LUA is actually a programming language not too different then C or C++. LUA however is easier then most languages to learn and atm only I have the ability do even modify the LUA code in bully since I am the only one other then my partner Fred that has the LUA scripts decompiled back to their original source. Not every script is fully intact tho since about half are fully decompiled and the other half are missing a lot of things like locals declarations...functions...etc and need to be rewritten.

I am planning to post some LUA sources and a full tutorial on how to use LUA and get a special compiler as well posted so other modders can attempt this...but I have been kinda busy with some other things away from bully and its made my time limited the past few days.

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:47:35 PM »
LUA is actually a programming language not too different then C or C++. LUA however is easier then most languages to learn and atm only I have the ability do even modify the LUA code in bully since I am the only one other then my partner Fred that has the LUA scripts decompiled back to their original source. Not every script is fully intact tho since about half are fully decompiled and the other half are missing a lot of things like locals declarations...functions...etc and need to be rewritten.

I am planning to post some LUA sources and a full tutorial on how to use LUA and get a special compiler as well posted so other modders can attempt this...but I have been kinda busy with some other things away from bully and its made my time limited the past few days.

Yeah you got too many projects to work on. So take your time  :) no rush