News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: How do I?  (Read 4892 times)

Offline FearlessBloodseeker

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
How do I?
« on: May 22, 2012, 07:14:07 AM »
Hi again, sorry for keep asking :X
So, how do I make some peds are hireable?
Because I think It's possible.
I saw screenshots of it.

Also, how do I make Russell walking around?
Because for me, he only spawns on special place ( Near the Dorm and the school parking lot )
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:23:15 AM by AkenFearless »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: How do I?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:03:20 AM »
You have to wait on the multiple ped hiring mod, dude. It doesn't help to keep asking.

But as for spawning Russell, I can help you with that. Do you have HxD?

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:07 AM »
You have to wait on the multiple ped hiring mod, dude. It doesn't help to keep asking.

But as for spawning Russell, I can help you with that. Do you have HxD?

Oh I don't know that there's a multiple ped hiring tool WIP xD

Yeah I do have HxD

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »
You hire anyone through the model ids, ill post a tut here later on today. And no problem, ask as much as you want, that's how you learn.

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:53:40 AM »
You hire anyone through the model ids, ill post a tut here later on today. And no problem, ask as much as you want, that's how you learn.

Thanks man  :D

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »

Well, the thing is he asked that question several times for hiring multiple bodyguards, and we have to answer the same thing. Right now, the only to hire two peds is the Halloween mission (Steman's way). But we're working on an easier and better method.

Edit: D'oh! I didn't realize he just asked to make specific peds hireable. Sorry Aken.

@AkenFearless:

Okay, open a file in the Objects folder called "ide". When you open it, search Russell. You should find this:

DOlead_Russell..DOlead_Russell_W........Huge....BULLY...STAT_B_RUSSELL_A....Straf_Male..B_Striker...F_BULLY.Russell_Pbomb...ےےےے/Global/B_Striker_A.Act/Anim/B_Striker_A.act..../Global/AI..Act/AI/AI.act...N_Russell

ےےےے See that? Look at the corresponding hex values for it. It should be "FF FF FF FF". Change that to "01 00 00 00"

And there you go. :D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:56:59 AM by くにお »

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 09:03:29 AM »

Well, the thing is he asked that question several times for hiring multiple bodyguards, and we have to answer the same thing. Right now, the only to hire two peds is the Halloween mission (Steman's way). But we're working on an easier and better method.

Edit: D'oh! I didn't realize he just asked to make specific peds hireable. Sorry Aken.

@AkenFearless:

Okay, open a file in the Objects folder called "ide". When you open it, search Russell. You should find this:

DOlead_Russell..DOlead_Russell_W........Huge....BULLY...STAT_B_RUSSELL_A....Straf_Male..B_Striker...F_BULLY.Russell_Pbomb...ےےےے/Global/B_Striker_A.Act/Anim/B_Striker_A.act..../Global/AI..Act/AI/AI.act...N_Russell

ےےےے See that? Look at the corresponding hex values for it. It should be "FF FF FF FF". Change that to "01 00 00 00"

And there you go. :D

No problem man, It's cool  :)
And thanks for the tut  :D

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 05:16:15 PM »
Looks like you got it covered red, though i was thinking of a different way.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 07:27:05 AM »
btw Aken, I have a tutorial on putting peds in Freeroam. Check out the huge Modding thread or whatever.

(Thread with loads of tuts all in 1)

But the way Red showed you how to do it, do that with the people you want in free roam.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 11:16:43 PM »
@AkenFearless
The mod that RedBlaster is referencing above is one that I am currently working on and it will allow people to hire a maximum of 5 bodyguards. The first version of this particular mod will not allow you to just walk up to a chosen ped and hire them, rather you will run the script and instantly spawn outside the boys dorm with all of your bodyguards ready to use in beating anyone into submission. I cannot give any ETA on when this mod will be complete since there is still quite a lot of work to do with it since its only in the very early design stages and only a tiny bit of coding actually done for this....but eventually I will upgrade it to the point where you can select peds as a bodyguard from a list and spawn them as is....but the main problem with most of my mods will be the fact that they will require the use of a xbox controller as your primary controller....with the keyboard and mouse as the secondary one to control the scripts. There is no other way around this but I can make some of my smaller mods use just the keyboard only for those that only have a keyboard....but I strongly suggest everyone that plays bully to consider getting a wired usb xbox 360 controller since the game is far more enjoyable with that and you can respond faster in fights.....when driving...etc and also when using custom fighting styles including boss ones.

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 10:19:38 AM »
@AkenFearless
The mod that RedBlaster is referencing above is one that I am currently working on and it will allow people to hire a maximum of 5 bodyguards. The first version of this particular mod will not allow you to just walk up to a chosen ped and hire them, rather you will run the script and instantly spawn outside the boys dorm with all of your bodyguards ready to use in beating anyone into submission. I cannot give any ETA on when this mod will be complete since there is still quite a lot of work to do with it since its only in the very early design stages and only a tiny bit of coding actually done for this....but eventually I will upgrade it to the point where you can select peds as a bodyguard from a list and spawn them as is....but the main problem with most of my mods will be the fact that they will require the use of a xbox controller as your primary controller....with the keyboard and mouse as the secondary one to control the scripts. There is no other way around this but I can make some of my smaller mods use just the keyboard only for those that only have a keyboard....but I strongly suggest everyone that plays bully to consider getting a wired usb xbox 360 controller since the game is far more enjoyable with that and you can respond faster in fights.....when driving...etc and also when using custom fighting styles including boss ones.

Alright, take your time.  :)
But the question is, how do I hire specific peds as my bodyguard?   :P

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »
OK I'll try and explain this the best I can, it's very hard for a lot of people to understand. First off, go to madman and stemans bully modding section, and find a post called bully model id's, I think it's stickied. Now, your going to need to have your scripts extracted, you can do this with. Madman's bully imgtool or imgtool 2. Once you have extracted all the scripts files to a folder, you need to find a mission in which Jimmy has bodyguards. An example of this would be The Halloween mission, in which you actually have two bodyguards. In the model Id list, find the Id  for Halloween Gary. I'm using Gary right now because he is the main bodyguard, but you could also use pete, or both. Open the script file for Halloween, not sure what it's called, maybe someone could help me out since I don't have my computer to reference because its broken. Once it's opened, go to search and replace. Make sure it's searching for hex values not text strings. In the search box put gary's Id. In the replace box put whoever you want to replace Gary with's Id. You can do the same for pete. Once you are done, save the file. Go into your folder where the extracted scripts is. Rename the Halloween file to ArcRace1 and rename ArcRace1 to whatever the Halloween file is called. Hope I helped, sorry it is so long

• X-Strygwyr-X
  • X-Bloodseeker-X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »
What does the Halloween mission called in scripts?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 02:42:57 AM »
1_11x2.lur

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »