News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: *RELEASE* MadmaN & Steman's Bully Model ID Lists  (Read 38642 times)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
Re: *RELEASE* MadmaN & Steman's Bully Model ID Lists
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2011, 07:52:49 AM »
Firstly thanks for posting rather than just not saying anything (karma given)(and because its Xmas extra given too) :laugh:

I would recommend following the tuts I have posted as this will give you a basic understanding of how this works and then enable you to put your own methods into practice to create the endless amount of mods that you want.

the ide bit (Trent's style as you put it) this is just added as extra to tell you the selected models stats, the MAIN part of this list is the 3 didget ASCII bit (which is translated into the hex value also) these ASCII models are ALL OVER scripts.img and tell the game exactly what model type to load during that script process as it is ran, for example you know that during the mission "The Candidate" Earnest will appear on stage, so if you extracted the mission file (1_09) and searched for Earnests MAIN hex value (00 20 41) you would find instances of him in that file, so if you changed the hex value of "00 20 41" to lets say "00 14 42" and then booted the mission Derby would appear in place of Earnest on the stage because you will have changed all instances of earnest to derby and he is no longer readable from the mission script, derby is,
Likewise if you changed the superslingshots model id from the same mission to that of something else, you would start the mission with the changed weapon equipped rather than the superslingshot, i hope this helps you and deadpool and everyone else etc, my worst fear is this model list of ours going to waste when it has so much potential.

I've explained as best as i can, and i really hope greasers that you can understand this, I just wish mad was here or would manage to accumulate the time/patience needed to explain this fully as this would put an end to all this confusing fiasco.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 07:56:42 AM »
I'll try my best lol]

And yeah, you're a great modder (one of the best) and so is mad, but I think Mad is more of the tutorial guy lol

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 01:21:41 PM »
Well, I have had lots of practice writing howtos and tutorials for things over the years so that kinda comes natural for me. Far as the modding part goes....we are pretty much about even with each of us specializing in different areas of the modding part on bully so it all works out pretty well in the end when we work together on somthing. I never really consider anyone better then the next person when it comes to modding since modding is somthing I prefer to think everyone as equals in  ;)

If you need further help regarding some of this then just pm me and I will see what I can do to give you a little more help when it comes to understanding this since it can be a little on the intimidating side.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 02:19:02 PM »
...well I'd have to disagree with the everyone equal bit sadly mad to some extent I'm afraid to say, as i'm sure you'd consider someone like me, imod or nt a better partner to work with over bif or anyone like that anyday of the week, period as you americans say

Regarding the tuts i would agree though that you are exceptionally more talented than anyone on this entire board for that sake about getting this together in a digestable format (if you could find the energy)

My only quarrel with you though mad atm and this is perhaps through time, so nothing on your part should you be offended by, is that this shouldn't be through a pm method to whomever asks, it should just have been whacked up for all users to see on day 1, and this is why our list is inevitably failing atm sadly, the time, the passion, the effort, the heart that's been put into this entire project, this is because people just don't understand it full stop, people like dead and greasers and w/e else has commented just don't understand how it works, where we can see prospect others can only see confusion and inevitable defeat, this can only be addressed by I'm sorry to say but only by you taking the time to thoroughly explain the methods in detail and in depth. 

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »
Thanks for the explanation  :D

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 04:56:59 PM »
Aye, as usual Steman you are right!

I will be working on a full guide on this tonight and hopefully have it posted sometime tomorrow and see if that helps ppl out with understanding this.

My biggest issue atm is I am currently bouncing around too many projects online for bully atm, plus various need to do things in real life so it is hard prioritizing things.

Plus you also know that I am putting most of my work atm in getting the map editor out since it will be the biggest release I have gone for in bully and a challenge that I have actually found quite fun.

And I did not mean everyone being equal as in every single member in the community. What I mean is those of us that have fully ventured into modding and trying to tackle as much on our own before asking for help from someone more experienced. I do apologise for sorta not making much sense on this since I am kinda rambling....but this time of the year has me rather depressed so....atm I am trying to get my mind off the holidays and move forward as best as I can.  :blank:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 05:00:36 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2011, 02:00:39 PM »
Yea i think this map editor will be a much needed landmark and once again i must congratulate you on this project, I think it will be the biggest release period,

Its a shame to know that you are still struggling and I'm deeply saddened to hear that this is still the case, remember mad I'm allways on steam or anything like that if you need me, likewise its good to know your online whenever i need to get various anxieties off my chest, which has dragged me down during recent events i must say, this is why I've had to drop the modding temporarily, i must also congratulate you on the support you've given me so far, but yea I'm looking forward to this editor as well as many others are I'm sure

regarding the tuts i do think its perhaps abit too late now sadly, what has to be considered is will the amount of people who visit the tut compensate the time used to type them out
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:03:49 PM by Steman »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
I have a question. When you change a character in scripts (like changing earnest with derby) it keeps the fighting style, stats, etc?
I mean derby will keep earnest fighting style and stats or he will have his original ones.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 05:26:11 AM »
Derby will have his stats and not earnests, (allthough i'm sure this can be remedied in ide.img if you wanted to) the good thing is this list works as a FULL model swap, this is also true for the vehicles, weapons and key items, you will get their stats when swapped and not the model which you have swapped it with, unless these stats are scripted into the mission like boss styles etc.

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 07:32:21 PM »
Great tutorial and find!  ;D I do have one question, if I swap someone with a bodyguard stat, (i.e. Ricky swapped with Gary) does Gary have the bodyguard function? Can you please elaborate more to me? Anyways, I gave karma to you MadmaN and Steman! ;)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 07:03:55 AM »
what do you mean swapped a bodyguard stat? anyway green i will try to explain the bodyguards now, basically some mods will need you to start a mission script which has that function during that mission, eg bodyguards and changing bosses and people/items in missions etc, (this is currently the only workable method sadly due to no luap decompiler) you will be required to do a mission swap mod with a mission that has 2 bodyguards in it, and then change the models of the bodyguard in that mission to whomever of your choosing. you will then have the bodyguards of your choosing as the original models were changed in scripts and the game loads the changed models instead, its very very easy to understand really, i can't see why people are struggling, you change a model to something else and the game loads the changed model whats so difficult to understand? hopefully this explains things a bit better? I would reccommend following a couple of the tuts ive done on page 2 or this page somewhere, this will show you and you will gain some idea of how these work
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:18:10 AM by Steman »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
I remember changing the AI from edgar to jerry. Then jerry with all edgar stuff (stat, skin, etc) was hireable. You could see edgar following you but hearing jerry's voice.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 12:56:26 PM »
that method only masks the model

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 02:30:11 PM »
Right then Bodyguards tut let me explain how this works...
...Firstly you will need to boot a mission with a bodyguared in, i will use "1_11x1" (Halloween) as a example, because you start this mission with 2 bodyguards (halloween petey + halloween gary)
for this it will require you to do a mission swap then edit the swapped file and change their models. so for the mission swap follow this...

MISSION SWAP

1) Open Scripts.img
2) Mission Swap the names of "1_11x1" and "ArcRace1"
3) Extract the new ArcRace1 and open it in a hex editor

...now for the model replacing of this mission

MODEL/BODYGUARD SWAP
1) (Optional) Go to offset "00000F40" and change "lockClothingManager" into a hex value of "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" this will reenable the clothing selector
2) Go to offset "00000B60" and change "00 20 43"(. C) into "00 14 42"(..B) this will change gary's halloween model into a new model you selected (in this case Derby)
3) Go to offset "00000B90" and change "00 25 43"(.%C) into "00 82 42"(.‚B) this will change Pete's halloween model into a new model you selected (in this case Crabblesnitch)
4) Save the file and then open Scripts.img and replace ArcRace1.lur with the edited one
5) Load the game and start a arcade machine race in the boys dorm
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:31:49 PM by Steman »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »
The mission slingshot is 1_04.lua in scripts? Because I want to change the bodyguard (gary) in that mission. I did everything you said in the ultimate modding thread and no success.