News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Petition to stop rockstar's Bully (2005)  (Read 8786 times)

Offline BPAC

• View Profile
Petition to stop rockstar's Bully (2005)
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:47:54 PM »
Stop the Release of the Video game "Bully"  

To: President of Rockstar Games - Sam Houser

Dear Sir, We the undersigned would like for you to understand the ramifications of your soon to be released video game titled “Bully”. The game depicts scenes of violence in a school setting directed at students, teachers and staff. The premise of the game is that the child that has been bullied gets his/her revenge. Bullying is a very serious issue, which should not be taken lightly. Here are the statistics on bullying:

• 77\% of students are bullied mentally, verbally, & physically.

• 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month

• At least 16 children annually commit suicide because of bullying (the true total is much higher)

• Playground statistics - every 7 minutes a child is bullied.

• Adult intervention - 4\%. Peer intervention - 11\%. No intervention - 85\%

My daughter Corinne is one of those 16, on October 6th, 2004 my daughter committed suicide after being bullied. The pain of losing my daughter is immeasurable, how can we as adults take the risk that we may lose one more child. Therefore we ask of you as an adult, as a member of this society to stop the release of this game. If one child sees the violence portrayed in your game as an avenue to end his/her plight with bullying, will all of the money you have made be worth it? How much is a child’s life worth to you?

Currently we have an epidemic of schools shooting by victims of bullying. We as adults don’t need to give them violent solutions; we need to STOP THE BULLYING through education and awareness.

Your game will minimize mine and so many other organizations efforts to stop this atmosphere of violence and intimidation in our school systems.

Finally sir, as a parent of child lost to bullycide, as a grandparent, I implore you to reconsider the release of this game.

Sincerely, Rochelle Sides

Texas Director Bully Police

http://www.corinnewilson.com

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

The Stop the Release of the Video game "Bully" Petition to Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games was created by Bully Police and written by Rochelle Sides ([email protected]).  This petition is hosted here at http://www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service. There is no endorsement of this petition, express or implied, by Artifice, Inc. or our sponsors. For technical support please use our simple Petition Help form.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/corinne/petition.html
dg  © 1999-2005 Artifice, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.  

-------------------

Awww go cry and bitch somewhere else! Im sorry if I offened someone who may be reading this, but come on, quit whinning and bitching about some game. Who cares about one's daughter killing themselfs? Like I said, its not MY daughter but god damn, dont blame rockstar's games on YOUR problems. Im just overly sick of it. Comments??

Offline Hitman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 02:56:35 PM »
Man this game is gona be awsome! :D

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:59:01 PM »
Man this game is gona be awsome!

lol, that's messed up

Offline narutonut123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 03:01:43 PM »
the rockstar bashing never ends does it? for god sakes u people out there games do not completely alter a human's brain into thinking that what they are playing is ok in order for that to happen its probably someone under immense stress that was probably gonna do some form of that anyway, game or not.... when the number of suicides or whatever rise then come and attack game developers but until then STFU :mad:

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 05:57:35 PM »
hey C.J, the woman lost her child. i dont know how thats funny to you.

and as for the banning of bully, itl never happen, if only 16 kids die because of suicide  do to bullying, then those kids are stupid and need to learn how to tell people to back off. jeez, havent they ever learned of telling someone.

if 77% of kids are bullied, i am one of them. but its not like its gonna make me go kill myself. so what if some kid bullies me, i try to back off and MOVE ON.

Offline redturtle18

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 02:25:55 AM »
I'd like to point out that all of this has been happening even though Bully has yet to be released... and whether or not its released bullying will continue.

I doubt this game will make any difference.

Offline Campfire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 04:02:32 AM »
I'm buying the game but I completely understand that "real life bullying" is a genuine problem and nothing to laugh about.   It's the people that don't understand this that are putting products like Bully in a bad light.

Offline BullyRocks10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 07:46:37 AM »
wow you people get up really early lol.like what agentsmith said i get bullied everyday in my life but im not putting a knife throught my chest if your kids want to commit suicide NOT MY PROBLEM.

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 07:48:23 AM »
Lol, what time is it over were you are.

Offline Sycodudeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 06:28:03 PM »
Damn, people need to think a little bit more and take responsibility for stuff.

They say that 77% of kids get bullied, and it happens every seven minutes. That may be true, but knowing that, why the hell aren't people doing anything? Shouldn't the kids tell parents, teachers, siblings? Then, god forbid, they do something! Kids are just too sensitive these days. Politically Correctness is ruining America.

I'm fat, and people make fun of me, but I wouldn't go out and kill myself, because I accept that I'm fat. People just need to accept that there are douche bags in this world.

I'm thirteen, I play the GTA series, The Godfather, and soon Scarface and Bully. I have never shot anything short of a coke can with a BB gun on a campground, and never anything more than that.

People need to know their kids, even this emo crap going on ruins stuff, because if your kid is depressed than the parent doesn't know if it's genuine or they want to be with the cool kids.

Offline Dvs161

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »
Yeah, like a bunch of dummies signing a petition will stop Rockstar from releasing a game they already put thousands of dollars into. You people are so stupid with your little petitions you amaze me

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 06:10:09 PM »
Anybody that petitioned against the game is kicking themselves right now.

Offline The_Werewolf

• The Shinobi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 10:25:05 AM »
well i was having trouble witha bully and i only put up with it for so long so i just kicked hiss ass after he punched me in the stomach i mean im not allowed to fight unless someone else starts it its in my karate manual. so i used self defense and whooped him. before it was verbal and i just told a teach like your supposed to but he still did it then  he got phsyical so i did what i learned.
so fi 77% of kids are bullied tell a teach or KICK THEIR ASS!

Offline evil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 11:39:01 AM »
I disagree about this thing because parents shouldnt let kids play it if they do everything in video games. I personaly know that difference between real life and a game. Bulling is a big problem but this game (probaly) gets the daggers because its rockstar made. Infact I have to say something to the people who make these petitons :

GET A LIFE. YOU SAD, LONLEY PEOPLE RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY ITS MADE. WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO HOME !!!! NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU AND THEY NEVER WILL !!

Offline Hopkins93

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 01:08:34 PM »
He's got a good point

But piss off its ace