News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: 6 Days In Fallujah  (Read 10663 times)

Chrissy

Re: 6 Days In Fallujah
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »
He can't do his own job in entertainment. Why would he be involved in politics? The political structure would collapse. I will always be pissed about how this game is being treated as a "negative influence". This was the first game with a true story used in making a point. People were not supposed to be entertained by this. It was to SHOW RESPECT to the Marines. The petition is useless with an amazing 21 signatures.
I signed. I know a few guys in the military who would actually like to see this. These are also guys that were over in Iraq/Afghanistan.

You know what the main problem is? People are afraid. They want to walk on eggshells as to not piss off the 'terrorists'. That's what it is.

I never realized that being American nowadays meant being a pushover.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 06:04:10 PM »
The families are trying to say this game is a disrespect to the Marines who fought in Fallujah, when the Marines actually WANTED this. So the families are really disrespecting the Marines themselves. I'm really pissed that Konami had the balls to back out. I expected more out of such a publisher. The only bad thing about this petition is that they offer an option to be anonymous. I don't see the purpose of any petition when it is filled with anonymous names. I could just type that and mail it to Atomic Games!

Offline Junkie Mater

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 09:32:24 AM »
I bored seeing games playing as US or it's allies. I want to play games from a different perspective like playing as terrorists, Nazis(no bashing intended), or just enemy of the US Army. Half-Life is an example where Gordon Freeman fights US Marines as well as aliens. I also enjoy playing as terrorists in Counter-Strike.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:36:21 AM by Jenkemator »

Mike_W

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:16:35 AM »
I believe there was a game, or at least one in development that had fighting from that perspective and it went over like a fart in church.  Most of the world would not tolerate a game like that.  Most people want a game with good to triumpgh over evil, not the other way around.  This is especially true for a game based on real life events.

Offline Mercury

• Bullworth Official Steroids Dealer
  • Workout Freak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
That sucks, real life is not always about the good winning... They should make tests on teenagers to see if they can make a difference between what's in real life and what's behind the screen. After what, you should be able - or not - to buy such games.

Mike_W

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »
I think their reasons are good though, there are some people that are able to seperate real from fiction.  However, there are those that cannot and society generally doesn't want to depict evil in the form of terrorists and allow the unstable people to think that stuff is okay.

Offline Mercury

• Bullworth Official Steroids Dealer
  • Workout Freak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
Yeah, I understand that point too.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »
Some people are also too optimistic too see the other side of things.

Chrissy

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 12:25:46 AM »
I think their reasons are good though, there are some people that are able to seperate real from fiction.  However, there are those that cannot and society generally doesn't want to depict evil in the form of terrorists and allow the unstable people to think that stuff is okay.

What about serial killers who are obsessed with and quote certain parts of the Bible that they've misinterpreted? I don't see the Bible being banned. Books are a form of media.

There was also another serial killer who was obsessed with a satirical book. The part he was obsessed with was something he twisted in his own mind - a twist the author never intended. I can't remember the book offhand. If you want to know it, I could see if I could find it ... in one of my dozens of criminal books. XD
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:29:51 AM by Chrissy »

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 02:01:22 AM »
Yeah, usually an author has no intention of making his works a psycho's favorite. Yet, game developers have no intentions of making their games influence children.

Offline Junkie Mater

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 07:52:50 AM »
I believe there was a game, or at least one in development that had fighting from that perspective and it went over like a fart in church.  Most of the world would not tolerate a game like that.  Most people want a game with good to triumpgh over evil, not the other way around.  This is especially true for a game based on real life events.
Because we have been colonized with Hollywood mentality. My son watched the Iraqi insurgency video made by those insurgents and he believe that such insurgency are right.

Also, my friend on other forum said Nazism was rightful.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:54:34 AM by Jenkemator »

Mike_W

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 10:57:26 AM »
I think their reasons are good though, there are some people that are able to seperate real from fiction.  However, there are those that cannot and society generally doesn't want to depict evil in the form of terrorists and allow the unstable people to think that stuff is okay.

What about serial killers who are obsessed with and quote certain parts of the Bible that they've misinterpreted? I don't see the Bible being banned. Books are a form of media.

There was also another serial killer who was obsessed with a satirical book. The part he was obsessed with was something he twisted in his own mind - a twist the author never intended. I can't remember the book offhand. If you want to know it, I could see if I could find it ... in one of my dozens of criminal books. XD

I think the difference here is the fact that certain books including the Bible have already been written.  With the development of games, people are probably trying to stop something before it is available to psychos.  They probably figure that if they see a bad omen coming, they could at least try and stop it before its "too late".

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »
The only issue with that is that it ruins everything for those who aren't psychos. The ones who just want the book or game now have to lose it for someone else.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:14:22 PM by cobra elite »

Chrissy

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 05:51:10 PM »

I think the difference here is the fact that certain books including the Bible have already been written.  With the development of games, people are probably trying to stop something before it is available to psychos.  They probably figure that if they see a bad omen coming, they could at least try and stop it before its "too late".

Okay, we don't create new media, but we let them fall back on what's already there.

Mike_W

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 06:16:41 PM »
 I never said it was right, but I think that's the reasoning behind it.