News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Ragdoll.  (Read 5057 times)

Offline Shrimp

• your official b-b's chav. wag wan.
    • View Profile
Ragdoll.
« on: June 19, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »
How cannot a mod be made for this game which is ragdoll?
Theres one for GTA SA, And games older then Bully that were mods.
Does anyone have any-idea why?
Can it be possible or not?

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
Re: Ragdoll.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 07:27:41 PM »
We can only mod things that are already in the game. It's impossible for now to add things to the game.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 05:35:26 AM »
Never say it's impossible... we *can* add things (It's just... hard af). and well, to get something like a ragdoll working, we'd probably have to edit the game's entire engine to allow that which probably means editing the executable in some way.

Is it possible? Sure but... I doubt anyone will ever do it unless we get a very skilled group of modders with a lot of dedication to it. To be honest I think that would be even harder than a multiplayer mod because of the extent you'd have to edit so many internal things in the game's engine.

Offline Enderman

• What i'm doing right now?
  • I'm no longer do mods for Bully ...
    • View Profile
    • bully-board.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 05:51:57 AM »
This could be possible in the fourm no one ever modded animations before so sorry ._.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 06:17:28 AM »
Never say it's impossible... we *can* add things (It's just... hard af). and well, to get something like a ragdoll working, we'd probably have to edit the game's entire engine to allow that which probably means editing the executable in some way.

Is it possible? Sure but... I doubt anyone will ever do it unless we get a very skilled group of modders with a lot of dedication to it. To be honest I think that would be even harder than a multiplayer mod because of the extent you'd have to edit so many internal things in the game's engine.
Mod the act files. Similar to gta sa ped.ifp modding.

Offline Enderman

• What i'm doing right now?
  • I'm no longer do mods for Bully ...
    • View Profile
    • bully-board.com
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 08:38:50 AM »

Mod the act files. Similar to gta sa ped.ifp modding.
I've tried it once in GTA San very hard to make CJ walk like Luis form GTA 4. ._. <--- Sad Face

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »
The easiest way, I believe is to rig jimmy and port all the bully map to the GTA IV
and Boom, Bully:SE with the taste of a ragdoll,
but it is still not Bully:SE though

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 12:48:06 PM »
Bully SE itself just doesn't have the proper physics system to execute such a thing. Sure you can probably flip Jimmy in a bunch of random directions, but you can't have his body parts just swing around like they do in GTA IV/V, or even like Skate 3. As of right now, and as far as I know, there is very little to none; information known about Bully's physics system. IF it even has one, it is a very basic one. DaBoss created one for GTA IV, and there is a slight chance a different physics system could be ported to Bully, then again, it's always possible it wont be compatible. The least that can be done at the moment with proper knowledge is just re-creating the Act.img, and adding custom animations. Still then, the physics would be much like Mafia II's physics, with no ragdoll.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
The animations are in the .agr files.

The .act files just holds the animations from each fighting style (and other non fighting anims such as mission anims or ambient) and give them different properties such as damage, the hit tree animation when you hit someone, if it's a light attack, heavy attack or unblockable, the range where a ped can use it (short or medium), if it's an offensive or defensive move, the button combination that the player must use to perform the attack (not 100% sure about this one), etc.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:54:35 PM by The Dream Is Dead »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 02:57:40 PM »
The easiest way, I believe is to rig jimmy and port all the bully map to the GTA IV
and Boom, Bully:SE with the taste of a ragdoll,
but it is still not Bully:SE though
At that point, it's not even the same game.
It's probably possible, but whether or not Bully will be able to hand it is up for speculation...

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »
Act/cat files contain actions, not animations. Actions that interact with the world... for example speaking, moving, attacking, sitting, etc.
The actual animation data is stored in AGR files.

However, think about the difference between animation and well, ragdolling. For a ped to ragdoll they wouldn't be playing any predefined animations, but their bones would just be moving. That would require some physics, and for that to happen you'd probably have to edit the game's engine.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 12:36:16 AM »
We can only mod things that are already in the game. It's impossible for now to add things to the game.
Well,on GTA:SA the ragdoll was a mod.

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 02:34:12 AM »
I actually didn't know that there is a GTA:SA ragdoll mod, but here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd13hAjVj4Q
Although it is not that perfect like the GTA IV, but it quite good already
But there is something weird in the mod, the ragdoll just workin when the peds are dead or knock down
I think the mod creactor, create some ragdoll animations and then make a script that will randomly load the ragdoll animations, when the peds are dead or knock down