News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Help with boss fighting style  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Darth maul

• Ps2 Bully modder
    • View Profile
Help with boss fighting style
« on: March 04, 2021, 09:20:40 PM »
How to change ped boss fighting  style in The ide file using hxd editor   :ffvsielj3: 

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Help with boss fighting style
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 02:32:51 PM »
The file supposedly has to stay the same size. So if you reduce the size of someone's fighting style by a certain amount of characters you'll have to add that amount somewhere else. That's how it has worked for me. However, if you mess around with it,  you'll notice that you can change something without changing something else as long as you keep the dots separating different sections at a maximum of 4 dots and a minimum of 1 (they're not normal dots though, if you look at their numerical value you'll notice it's 00).

Offline Darth maul

• Ps2 Bully modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 06:05:32 AM »
What is Russell 's Boss fighting style  The one at The last mission of 1st chapter   :neen: And how would i change it by Hex editing :'(

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 09:28:48 AM »
There are two fighting styles that use Russell's boss moves. The one he uses at his boss fight at the end of chapter 1 is called BOSS_Russell. The other one is an unused fighting style that combines some of his B_Striker_A moveset with some of his boss moves (mainly his belly attack and powerbomb from grapples) known as Russell_102. The Russell_102 style is easier to change because it's the same size as B_Striker_A , if you use one of the 2 don't forget to add the animation group " Russell" to one of the "none" slots, this will prevent him from t-posing.

Also I'm not sure if the BOSS_Russell style will use all of his boss moves unless you add his boss-fight AI,  but this creates its own issues in free roam.

Offline Darth maul

• Ps2 Bully modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 08:31:12 PM »
 And what about this one how would I add animation group i am using Russell_102  :ninja:          and where is none slot  :ninja: I am a big fool
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 08:35:56 PM by Darth maul »

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 04:58:35 AM »
The animation group slots are the ones where you see B_Striker or Russel_Pbomb written, whenever an animation group slot is not being used is when you see "none" written on them (You see this for many non-clique students like Pete). For Russell all of them are occupied so you will need to replace one of them. I suggest replacing F_Bully.

The way that animation groups work is that every fighting style uses certain animations of certain animation groups.  If the animation group is not included, the character will t-pose, because it can't find the animation the fighting style is trying to use.

Offline Darth maul

• Ps2 Bully modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 05:20:00 AM »
None= Null   RIght??

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 05:21:53 AM »
Yep, exactly I was being an idiot and confused the two

Offline Darth maul

• Ps2 Bully modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 03:32:51 AM »
 i messed up my ide image but i have a backup of it  please send a screen shot of how you edited his normal fight style to Russel_102  :innocent: :happy:

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 03:28:18 PM »
Sure thing.