News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Model Importing: Has Anyone Tried This?  (Read 9361 times)

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
Re: Model Importing: Has Anyone Tried This?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »
I know how do it but I don't have all the skills required, some of the steps I'm unsure how to do. Any yes, no animation replacement is needed.
@Madman whenever you would like to try I can help you. I know how to replace the model in nifskope but I don't know how to attach to the existing skeleton so that the animations are in place

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 02:39:17 PM »
I know how to do attach models in 3DS Max, if that helps.

EDIT: I found another model website: http://www.models-resource.com

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:40:54 PM by Al Arlington »

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 11:29:12 PM »
I thinks that may be very useful. I won't be modding again for awhile, but when I do, you can definitely help with this as well.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 05:31:21 AM »
So does that means that you can make a custom character and put it in ide.img?
Yes, but we put them in world.img.

Also incase your wondering, we replace a character. They will still have their voices but the model will be entirely different.

I thinks that may be very useful. I won't be modding again for awhile, but when I do, you can definitely help with this as well.
Sweet. I'll be using a GTA SA model as they are the same size as the Bully models. They do need to be slightly rotated and the arms need to be re-positioned but that will not take long.

Also I can help fully once I've got my new laptop. The PC I'm on now cannot run Bully.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:34:42 AM by Al Arlington »

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 09:01:46 AM »
Awesome. I'll give you a model with the character model replaced into a custom one with the textures (thats easy) but separate from the skeleton. If you can attach the new player model to the skeleton, the animations will work and I'm 90 percent sure it will work in game. When I start modding again, most like around a month from now, I'll let you know.

Offline 1stGarySmithFan

• I like bow ties. Bow ties are cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »
Awesome. I'll give you a model with the character model replaced into a custom one with the textures (thats easy) but separate from the skeleton. If you can attach the new player model to the skeleton, the animations will work and I'm 90 percent sure it will work in game. When I start modding again, most like around a month from now, I'll let you know.

I am glad we are not on GTA IV. :D I was actually good at model importing to GTA San Andreas. I used to import some models from Half-Life to GTA San Andreas. But I haven't been doing it since 2 years so I might have forgot some things but I really would like to help. :)

Offline Nanomachines,son

• i feel good mmmmmmmm
  • i feel good mmmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 10:35:49 PM »
I'd love to see Piggsy replace Edna.
I'd like to see John Marston getting bullied by Algernon.

Or Fat Carl Johnson fighting Cornelius Johnson.
CJ would spawn Grove Street Family members and kill Cornelius

Offline ahtam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 05:27:54 PM »
There nif-tools max plugin 3.7.1, which is able to import a model to max bully with dice and all surrounding, there are only minor problems with the export, the exporter must find somewhere that can export gamebryo format version 20.3.0.9, I in search
p.s.
sorry for bad English

Offline ahtam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
I DID IT BEATCH

Offline Nanomachines,son

• i feel good mmmmmmmm
  • i feel good mmmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 08:40:57 PM »
why are you the dad from dad n me?

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 10:50:30 AM »
why are you the dad from dad n me?

It's actually the son.

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 05:06:15 PM »
Ah and the people keeps having no insterest in what other peoples said, i mean he said that he got able to import the .nif and export them with not too much problems and no one said nothing like "Awesome :D" or "Good work"

Ah well, i see why this place is dying :/

Offline Nanomachines,son

• i feel good mmmmmmmm
  • i feel good mmmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 07:20:02 PM »
Good work

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:31 PM »
Even though I am retired I am doing some small work on a custom gamebryo exporter that uses the exact gamebryo engine version bully uses (I also happen to have the entire development suite anyways for the bully gamebryo version which I have NOT let anyone here know except a couple ppl) and barring anything coming up...I will try to post this really soon. I also will post my 3d bully replacement models that are fully done to date that I have done and still am doing work on (since I consider that to be part of my art and my art is what I am focusing on now) and they will be posted for anyone here to try to put ingame.

While I have put many models ingame for other games (too many to bother listing) I have never attempted this for bully yet and figure that if someone can successfully put one of these models ingame and get it working, I will learn from that person how they did it and refine the technique and see if I can nail down a perfect method of doing this. IF this can be done successfully, I will continue to create replacements for EVERY character in the game along with every vehicle...building...etc since 3d modeling is my strongest skill anyways and I figure I might as well go this route.

Afterall, the well known and respected/hated fakefactory did this for the hl2 series (got all his stuff) so why can't I do the same for bully?...hehehe.