News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: play.com new uk release date  (Read 58354 times)

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
play.com new uk release date
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2006, 04:19:42 AM »
^ But really the 28 th is Saturday over here.

Offline Jaxono

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2006, 04:30:18 AM »
yeah in NZ my Ebgames is getting it 26 or 27 so yeah ill have it thursday or friday and its preorder so they'll give me a ring!

Offline Greavesy

• The Jolly old Englishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2006, 04:35:27 AM »
wen they ring me It'll be in the shops the nxt day, and i will make a new thread something like "GAME rang!" or sumthin lol

Offline Gaunty

• 'The White Mr T'
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2006, 04:55:22 AM »
Hey, I'm new here but i have some info that might concern the release dates for England and Australlia.

Living in England myself I am really looking forward to BULLY coming out, so i want this to be true.

The planned release datea for BULLY is as follows:

GAME and other big game stores: 25th of October
Gamestation and other small game stores: 27th October

I have an idea of why this may be. My cousin lives in America and he has the game (and enjoys teasing me over it too) and he says it is bloody brilliant. He hasn't given me any info on the game but been in the 'Trading-Goods' buisness he gets alot of gossip.

I don't know if this is true, but Rockstar (my cousin has heard) have produced early copies of the game for all the major game stores in the UK and Australlia. Thus, causing GAME and other large stores to get BULLY a few days ahead of other small stores (Gamestation ect).

Sadly, I don't know if this will apply to Australlia, there are alot of rumors about it coming out on the 26th there.

Sorry if this is in-accurate or is proves to be wrong.
its only what I've heard.

Offline Greavesy

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2006, 04:57:26 AM »
ok thx 4 the info guy, that wud make sense

Offline Gaunty

• 'The White Mr T'
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2006, 04:59:57 AM »
No probs. Glad i could maybe clear thigns up abit . :)

Offline westphilly

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2006, 05:08:55 AM »
the strange thig is though play.com says posted and could be here in around an hour when the postman comes

Offline paddy54321

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2006, 05:22:39 AM »
Quote from: westphilly;17318
the strange thig is though play.com says posted and could be here in around an hour when the postman comes

ok if it does arrive tell me because im gonna order mine off play.com if yours arrives

Offline Minorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2006, 05:26:26 AM »
Gaunty, i think thats right. cos playand game are selling iton the 25th and probably hmv. but i just phoned my local blockbuster and they said  it aint even on their thing so theywon'tbe getting it for some time

Offline westphilly

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2006, 05:54:39 AM »
yer bully probs wont come for me 2day because the posted changed from 21 october to 23rd

Offline Jimmy909

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2006, 06:42:54 AM »
on amazon you can get on 24 October

Offline Greavesy

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2006, 06:46:47 AM »
how can shops release it b4 other 1s, it duznt make sense

Offline westphilly

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2006, 06:49:39 AM »
i no its weird i can't wait till its all over and every1 has it

Offline [enforcA]

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2006, 07:09:53 AM »
Quote from: Gaunty;17309

The planned release datea for BULLY is as follows:

GAME and other big game stores: 25th of October
Gamestation and other small game stores: 27th October

I don't know if this is true, but Rockstar (my cousin has heard) have produced early copies of the game for all the major game stores in the UK and Australlia. Thus, causing GAME and other large stores to get BULLY a few days ahead of other small stores (Gamestation ect).

Quote from: Minorkid;17324
Gaunty, i think thats right. cos playand game are selling iton the 25th and probably hmv. but i just phoned my local blockbuster and they said  it aint even on their thing so theywon'tbe getting it for some time

game is the uk part of ebgames (a preferred retailer for games), as you said above, with the big game stores, that's what it is and how it is, like i said before, "pre-release" is not always "pre-release", normal game stores will have it on 26th but can't sell it until 27th, but some do sell it already on 26th as they did with san andreas, but they weren't really allowed to, preferred online shops like ebgames, game, etc, might have the game on 25th (maybe 24th), so that it will arrive at their customers on 26th (maybe 25th), so this is a more exclusive (and limited) "pre-release", often limited to a special number of units available, for this there is a limited list, where customers can get in, if this list is full and with this closed, this "exclusive" pre-release will get a normal pre-release like all those other online stores have, which would be then sending it on 26th, arriving at customers on 27th (some others will send it not until 27th)

the annoying part on this is, that amazon in germany might send it not until 27th, which would mean that i will get it not until 28th

again in short what i wrote above:

normal shops: get it 26th, sell it officially 27th, some inofficially 26th
normal online shops: send it 26th, customers get it 27th (also some other online shops will send it not until 27th)
preferred online shops: send it 25th (maybe 24th), customers get it 26th (maybe 25th) (this "pre-release" is limited to a special number of units available, if this list is full / if these units are sold out, the other customers, who didn't get into this list, will get it then like all those others on 27th, only those who were in this list will get it earlier)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 07:40:52 AM by [enforcA] »

Offline chiller2k6

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »
lol i got mine from game