News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Strafe test with block  (Read 4810 times)

deadpoolXYZ

Strafe test with block
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:11:11 PM »
This is pretty much a strafe mod, like the ones shown in videos by other modders.
I added some code to the script to fix a lot of things like being able to strafe while you are performing a fighting move, blocking, being hit or laying on the ground. I disabled the strafe during that actions.
Also I added a function so every time the ped you are fighting performs a fighting move jimmy automatically blocks just like in Player.act.

Bully SE: Strafe test

...And no, you can't look down, honestly I find it pointless.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:14:47 PM by The Dream Is Dead »

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
Re: Strafe test with block
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 09:21:22 PM »
That's amazing. Are you gonna share it with the community?  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:35:48 PM by AfterLife »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »

I might release it but I think it's pointless because the so called "bind animation mods" are pretty lame and simple... also I already explained how to trigger the blocking nodes in the lua nodes thread. As I said you can only trigger the blocking nodes after you perform a grapple reversal or a running tackle, so each time you want to use them you have to grapple someone first which is stupid and I'm still looking for a way to fix it. When I fix that then I will release it.

Btw I used extra code so you can block automatically against any fighting style and only when you are in a neutral state so you don't have to hold the binded key. If you want it that bad:
PedSetActionNode(gPlayer, "/Global/BOSS_Darby/Defense/Block/Block/BlockHits", "act/anim/BOSS_Darby.act")
Without validations it works faulty.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:11:04 PM by The Dream Is Dead »

Offline Димитрије Милошевић

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »
This is actually very nice.
Good work.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 07:41:13 AM »

I might release it but I think it's pointless because the so called "bind animation mods" are pretty lame and simple... also I already explained how to trigger the blocking nodes in the lua nodes thread. As I said you can only trigger the blocking nodes after you perform a grapple reversal or a running tackle, so each time you want to use them you have to grapple someone first which is stupid and I'm still looking for a way to fix it. When I fix that then I will release it.

Btw I used extra code so you can block automatically against any fighting style and only when you are in a neutral state so you don't have to hold the binded key. If you want it that bad:
PedSetActionNode(gPlayer, "/Global/BOSS_Darby/Defense/Block/Block/BlockHits", "act/anim/BOSS_Darby.act")
Without validations it works faulty.
How did you do that auto-block like in the player style?

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
No CoD reference? 0/10 IGN
Nice work dude! 10/10 DahPichi33

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »
It's hard to explain but I will try my best.

First I created a table with the name of all the fighting styles.
Then I created a "for" inside the "repeat" in the main function. The "for" goes from count = 1 to the length of the table.
Inside the "for" I created a "while" so while the lockedped is performing a fighting move (something like stylestable[count].stylename), gPlayer will perform the blocking node. I also validated it so you can't block if your defense was broken, so you can't block 2 breaker moves in a row.

No CoD reference? 0/10 IGN
Nice work dude! 10/10 DahPichi33

Dahpichi hahahaha
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:32:33 AM by The Dream Is Dead »

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 08:48:21 AM »

Then I created a "for" inside the "repeat" in the main function. The "for" goes from count = 1 to the length of the table.
Inside the "for" I created a "while" so while the lockedped is performing a fighting move (something like stylestable[count].stylename), gPlayer will perform the blocking node. I also validated it so you can't block if your defense was broken, so you can't block 2 breaker moves in a row.
It's hard to understand, can you just send me the entire code? :P

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 10:40:15 PM »

C'mon dude, he already explained everything right there, why can't you just do it yourself, all the time you ask for codes, try to learn and do stuff yourself independently man.

Offline Enderman

• What i'm doing right now?
  • I'm no longer do mods for Bully ...
    • View Profile
    • bully-board.com
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 04:03:21 AM »

C'mon dude, he already explained everything right there, why can't you just do it yourself, all the time you ask for codes, try to learn and do stuff yourself independently man.
Come on dude you have the full strafe  :jajaja:

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 04:15:29 AM »
Come on guy he haz it but just coz snoop dogg got chronic don't mean you get it n coz sweg got orange monster u dunt get orange soda. Just coz I got n axe an a pile of corpses don't mean you get an axe and a pile of corpses.

He told you had to do it which is already him going beyond what he has to do. He'd be nice to give it to you, but he wants you to learn, and doesn't owe it to you anyways.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 04:16:09 AM »

"All the time you ask for codes" Oh really? When? This was the first time I asked him about modding and I never asked you for anything else apart from the full strafe, so what's your problem?

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 12:25:02 PM »
I want you guys to have fun with modding but I want you to learn to so you can teach future generations of Bully modding.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »
Come on guy he haz it but just coz snoop dogg got chronic don't mean you get it n coz sweg got orange monster u dunt get orange soda. Just coz I got n axe an a pile of corpses don't mean you get an axe and a pile of corpses.

He told you had to do it which is already him going beyond what he has to do. He'd be nice to give it to you, but he wants you to learn, and doesn't owe it to you anyways.

This part. ಠ_ಠ
Don't get it.