News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: BB Airport  (Read 259609 times)

Mike_W

BB Airport
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
Not really.  Some of these places flood out every spring.

Mike_W

BB Airport
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2010, 10:25:10 AM »
Here are some pics.

This first pic is of Main Street in Clinton, which is only about 2 miles from my house. http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=WT&Dato=20100315&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=315009996&Ref=PH&MaxW=128&MaxH=92

This next pic is of flooding on Nelson Street, which is just to the left of the scene in the first pic.  http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=WT&Dato=20100316&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=316009997&Ref=PH&MaxW=128&MaxH=92

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
BB Airport
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2010, 04:03:20 AM »
So....this is like normal for you ?

Thought we had weird weather around here...

"Auto Shower"......"Riverside Apartments"......Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.

:D....:D....:D....:D....:D.....:D

Mike_W

BB Airport
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2010, 10:32:17 AM »
The flooding that was shown on Main street was not normal, that was the result of a large sink hole opening up at that intersection.  However, in the next town over (Lancaster) there is a large feild next to the Nashua River which floods badly every year. It ends up looking more like a large lake with a few trees sticking out of it.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
BB Airport
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 07:47:12 AM »
I got a field like that, on a smaller scale, right across from my place....If they were just to dig out the center of it, and spread the dirt around, then there could be a regular little lake there full time.....Nutso thing is, they continue to plant it every year with corn / soybeans, even though they know it floods at least twice a summer....

Doesn't affect me, I'm on higher ground here, but my neighbor to the West gets flooded about up to 2 feet in every one of those, and that's up around his house and yard...All this is runoff from fields to the East that are higher up.....

It's kinda neat to have the little lake sometimes, gives me something to look at other than this dark side of the moon boonerville where I live at....

Mike_W

BB Airport
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 10:14:21 AM »
Most of the areas flooded in Lancaster are used for planting.  Last week there was a truck left in the field with water up to its windshield.  The pics from Clinton were just real good examples of urban flooding.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
BB Airport
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2010, 11:03:23 AM »
I’ve always wondered about the mentality of people who leave stuff (like vehicles) where it can get flooded like that, or even those who have houses in a flood plain and then cry and moan when they (and their stuff) get flooded out…..Happens a lot around here, along the rivers.

It’s like, Dumbass, what do you expect to happen ?  Then they always re-build, just to go through the next flood….and again….and again…

Mike_W

BB Airport
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »
There's a little saying in Clinton "buy high" which refers to buying a house in the more elevated parts of the city.  Downtown is up on a hill, where the pictures shown were just to the west of downtown in a little valley.  There's also a huge dam in Clinton that holds back most of Boston's drinking water.  Imagine if the burst, then people would have something to bitch about.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
BB Airport
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2010, 03:58:46 AM »
Is it like, an earthern dam, or concrite ?  The bigger city north of me has an old combo earth dam lined with concrite, along with 3 huge water towers.....

Mike_W

BB Airport
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 04:35:37 PM »
I'll see if I can find a pic of that, it's a huge "stone damn built in 1907.  It looks like it was made out of stone blocks the size of the ones used in the Great Pyramid.  At the time it was built it was the largest dam in the world.

Mike_W

BB Airport
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 04:46:30 PM »
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1372997628043533065ZZVqBE  Here's a decent pic taken from the base.

Offline dan_the_man

• View Profile
BB Airport
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »
Quote from: CHUCKX53;78506
All them Hicks....

I hate them.

Mike_W

BB Airport
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2010, 09:30:01 PM »
Haha, you and just about everyone else.

Offline dan_the_man

• View Profile
BB Airport
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2010, 05:39:24 PM »
Quote from: Mike_W;78626
Haha, you and just about everyone else.

Thank God I was not in a minority then ;)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
BB Airport
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2010, 08:43:53 AM »
What's worse is having to live around them out here in hickville and have to deal with them day to day.....It is like the STUPID just bleeds out of them.....