News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Would you want to see girls actually fighting in Bully 2?  (Read 8791 times)

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Would you want to see girls actually fighting in Bully 2?
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:38:24 PM »
Simple question and girls in fighting games have been around since Mai and Chun Li but Bully is obviously different...

By fighting I mean, on par with the guys in the sense you don't get full trouble meter for hitting them and they can fight back with more than just two moves and some would be able to more than hold their own. Obviously not all of them would fight as not all of the guys fight back either.

Also related to this, would you like there to be an option to play as a female main character?

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Would you want to see girls actually fighting in Bully 2?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:49:46 PM »
Shame on you. Hitting girls...

lol I have no opinion.

However, I would not want to play as a girl. /shrug

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »
Shame on you. Hitting girls...

This is why I was iffy on making the topic :P... I'm a gentleman, yet I'm also big on 'equal oppurtunity'. Such a conflict.

lol I have no opinion.

However, I would not want to play as a girl. /shrug

This is why I asked anyway... I don't really have an opinion either...

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:51:22 PM »
I was joking, bro. You've seen my videos. I don't hesitate on smacking a few bitches. B)

It. Would be nice if girls fought back just a little bit. A bitch slap, maybe, that'll stun the player long enough to run away and seek help or something.

I said no to a female player because the thought of playing as one just doesn't sound very appealing to me. Like, I just can't picture a girl taking down an entire gang of people, no matter how bad ass the chick might be.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »
I was joking, bro. You've seen my videos. I don't hesitate on smacking a few bitches. B)

I knew you were joking hence the :P face. I was just saying this thought did occur to me :D. It also did not escape me that you do give Pinky a few rounds every so often.

It. Would be nice if girls fought back just a little bit. A bitch slap, maybe, that'll stun the player long enough to run away and seek help or something.

I said no to a female player because the thought of playing as one just doesn't sound very appealing to me. Like, I just can't picture a girl taking down an entire gang of people, no matter how bad ass the chick might be.

Jimmy really shouldn't be able to do this either and there are more than a few games where its possible to do this as a female character. There's loads of movies where female characters do this too where the villains engage in the infamous 'dancing threatening circle of doing nothing'.

Streets of Rage is the game that comes to mind, where Blaze is quite happy to deal with 5 or so guys at a time without taking a scratch and throwing them around like paper aeroplanes. That said, Bully and its environment is very different to Streets of Rage. (SoR for those of you playing at home is one or two people taking on a criminal organisation and loads of mooks in side scrolling glory)

That more than anything else is why I'm curious about whether anyone would want to play as a female character. Whether it'd honestly fit the Bully environment...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:03:52 PM by Peachrocks »

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 09:16:31 PM »
Can you imagine? Punch a girl, your meter is full. Now if you were a playing as a girl and had dude punch you, you'd be like. Invincible. Because the cops or prefects or whatever would just swarm the guy and take him down for you.

lol idek.

Um. I just picture guys to be more punch happy than girls. And yeah man, I dunno how Jimmy never runs out of stamina. Then again, there's a lot of things in the game that can be questioned.

Offline Blackie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 10:15:03 PM »
hell yeah! i love me a good catfight.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »
Can you imagine? Punch a girl, your meter is full. Now if you were a playing as a girl and had dude punch you, you'd be like. Invincible. Because the cops or prefects or whatever would just swarm the guy and take him down for you.

Obviously THIS would be changed :P.

Um. I just picture guys to be more punch happy than girls. And yeah man, I dunno how Jimmy never runs out of stamina. Then again, there's a lot of things in the game that can be questioned.

Yes there is but that applies to pretty much every game.

hell yeah! i love me a good catfight.

Catfighting is already in Bully 1. Admittedly it should be easier to trigger and perhaps should trigger for other reasons as well as rather than just because the protagonist is unfaithful.

Mike_W

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 12:02:10 AM »
I believe Jimmy belongs to the Native American tribe called the "Smackahoe", so yes, I think this idea would be great!

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 04:13:18 AM »
Hell yeah, though it's easy to pull off in Bully. Just requires a few mods.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
Hell yeah, though it's easy to pull off in Bully. Just requires a few mods.

I guess my question more is, do you believe it fits in the game? Having the choice to play as a female protagonist.

Aside my own curiousity I guess I'm asking another question...

My Bully 2 idea has two protagonists because there is a new additional school to Bullworth and the two are working more closely together allowing players to occasionally attend classes of the other but of course for the most part they stick to the one they are assigned to.

Each main character attends one of the schools. The question is, should one of them be female?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
Would be cool to have two perspectives: a male's and a female's. Both sharing a similar life, but they don't meet up until much later.

Offline Blackie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 05:32:35 PM »
could make for some really great co-op too.

Offline Peachrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »
Would be cool to have two perspectives: a male's and a female's. Both sharing a similar life, but they don't meet up until much later.

could make for some really great co-op too.

This is what I was going for. Some of the missions would allow a co-op and counter-op option and they could be replayed. The two characters know each other at the start as they both attended the other school in the previous year. One was forced out and now attends Bullworth due to mysterious circumstances which starts the plot off.

The story starts in the year following Bully...

I should just come out with the basic idea for the design even though I'm unsure of whether the other character should be male or female. I know it doesn't really matter but eh... I want to be in game design and I'm a bit of a writer so I plot and plan and talk to people a bit even if it's only for fun.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:40:09 PM by Peachrocks »

Offline Blackie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 08:41:26 PM »
You could have a girl character.. Instead of her bullying people, she could use her good looks to manipulate people around her.. A hoe bag, but a smart one at that.