News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully On The News :)  (Read 2551 times)

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
Bully On The News :)
« on: September 20, 2006, 07:00:02 AM »
Haha - I was watching the news tonight (Today Tonight) and they had a report on recent bullying tactics in Australian schools today - people using mobile phone cameras to capture footage or pictures of people being beaten up, etc..

lmao - they even had one moron on there saying (almost as bad as Jack Thompson), "we need to ban mobile cameras in schools now" lol.. Does that make any sense? You can have mobiles - just not a camera on your phone.

BUT ANYWAY! Later on in the article they had clips from Bully (trailer 3) playing in there :P I was like "YEEAAH!!" haha - and even had some people on condemning it - but, once again - all they could come up with was "Bully is bad, its not good, it'll promote bullying, kids will play it - then go bully people, blah, blah, blah - the same old garbage."

But anyway.. it was funny to see it (not that you guys care).. good to see thats all - the first video game I've EVER seen on the news that wasnt in a general Video Games report :p

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 07:15:26 AM »
Quote from: djrussell;8863
Haha - I was watching the news tonight (Today Tonight) and they had a report on recent bullying tactics in Australian schools today - people using mobile phone cameras to capture footage or pictures of people being beaten up, etc..

lmao - they even had one moron on there saying (almost as bad as Jack Thompson), "we need to ban mobile cameras in schools now" lol.. Does that make any sense? You can have mobiles - just not a camera on your phone.

BUT ANYWAY! Later on in the article they had clips from Bully (trailer 3) playing in there :P I was like "YEEAAH!!" haha - and even had some people on condemning it - but, once again - all they could come up with was "Bully is bad, its not good, it'll promote bullying, kids will play it - then go bully people, blah, blah, blah - the same old garbage."

But anyway.. it was funny to see it (not that you guys care).. good to see thats all - the first video game I've EVER seen on the news that wasnt in a general Video Games report :p

Lol, yer i saw that aswell ahh, chann 7 lol.

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 07:38:54 AM »
Too late for them BULLY was rated T for teen, even if the world leaders tried to stop Bully's release, they couldn't, lol.

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 10:48:58 AM »
lol! Wow - they even had a report on Bully on the late news! :p Bully - people arent calling for it to be banned in Australia (well the majority) - people just wanna see it get an MA15+ rating instead of an M rating..

Gee - controversal :P It was good to see it on TV though.. the report only went for about 1-2 minutes..

Offline Znib

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 01:30:04 PM »
Nice...What a treat you had.

Offline Manbearpig

• Official PR Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 03:00:18 PM »
Yeah, other than GTA, I haven't seen much else about video games in the news other than a general report on gaming itself.

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 04:56:21 PM »
The new needs to update their resources......

Offline wookiekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 12:24:45 AM »
Quote from: poison boy;8865
Too late for them BULLY was rated T for teen, even if the world leaders tried to stop Bully's release, they couldn't, lol.

Yeah, I always love it when R* haters get pwned like that.