News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Change season?  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Santa Cole

• "Housingly Challenged" Santa
  • Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
Change season?
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:21:27 PM »
Is there a way to change what season the game is in, for example to Christmas (I wonder why i want that :P) . Is that possible?

Thanks,

I be full o questions :P
(better than full of whiskey!)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
Re: Change season?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »
use the flags mod

Offline Santa Cole

• Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »
Thanks  :)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »
 ;)

Offline Santa Cole

• Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
I've noticed the Christmas flag will add Christmas decorations, Is there a way to add snow without skipping to the winter chapter?. So its winter all year (Bullworth: Artic edition  :D).

Thanks.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »
Just a FYI,

You can also edit the timecycle files to change the weather and how often the seasons change but the timecycle files are not exactly easy to edit. I have atm on the backburner till I get a few things done...a timecycle editor that works but needs polished up. It makes editing those files a snap.

For now Steman's flags mod is the best way for that.

Offline Santa Cole

• Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »
Just a FYI,

You can also edit the timecycle files to change the weather and how often the seasons change but the timecycle files are not exactly easy to edit. I have atm on the backburner till I get a few things done...a timecycle editor that works but needs polished up. It makes editing those files a snap.

For now Steman's flags mod is the best way for that.

Thanks for the info, Just how many projects are you doing at once?  :ninja:

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 03:25:24 AM »
well....normally I don't count them but atm I have around 28 bully projects going and one very massive star trek project that happens to be totally unrelated to this forum  :biggrin:

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 05:09:49 AM »
I was curious about this too but so that it actually rains most of the time. (Bullworth: Umbrella battle edition. With dramatic rain effects)

Madman, has it occured to you that maybe you should narrow your focus a little?  :D

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 08:00:41 AM »
In my game very rarely it rains.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 08:50:08 AM »
narrowing focus isn't in madmans vocabulary :blink:.

to add snow without the decorations for now, open scripts in hex and search and replace all instances of "Christmas" to "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" in hex, I was going to add this to the inital release but i didn't think that anyone wanted it  :unsure:

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
I have tried but due to the way my mind works anymore....I am just happier being kept extremely busy. There are a lot of very personal reasons why I stay busy like this and maybe one day I will explain why in the proper place here  8) but for now lets just say taht as I work on several things at once....I usually find somthing else that I instantly need to check out before I lose the thought to do it.

It is somthing I really can't explain to anyone here easily since noone really would understand. But one day I will explain things via pm to a few here to explain why I take on such a seemingly impossible level of work.

Offline Santa Cole

• Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 11:03:12 AM »
narrowing focus isn't in madmans vocabulary :blink:.

to add snow without the decorations for now, open scripts in hex and search and replace all instances of "Christmas" to "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" in hex, I was going to add this to the inital release but i didn't think that anyone wanted it  :unsure:

Thanks  :). I've noticed in hex editors if i edit the hex it also removes the ANSI text. Which makes the game crash after removing the christmas hexs

I have tried but due to the way my mind works anymore....I am just happier being kept extremely busy. There are a lot of very personal reasons why I stay busy like this and maybe one day I will explain why in the proper place here  8) but for now lets just say taht as I work on several things at once....I usually find somthing else that I instantly need to check out before I lose the thought to do it.

It is somthing I really can't explain to anyone here easily since noone really would understand. But one day I will explain things via pm to a few here to explain why I take on such a seemingly impossible level of work.

It's good how you can work on so many projects, I can barley focus on one at times :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:46:26 AM by Cole »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »
hehe,

Well I have also had many years practice at this too so that really helps with managing all this work. Just a FYI for you and everyone else here...(sry for hijacking the topic like this)..I will be posting shortly about a massive bully mod I will be releasing in a day or two maybe if I dont get too many interruptions finishing things up.....lets just say it is a mod that will keep everyone very busy and also answer a lot of questions that ppl have had regarding various ideas and mods. I am also integrating the mods Steman and I have done into this monster (only if hes ok with this). I will post all of the details for this in the proper thread on its own in the releases section and provide a link to the mod in the bullyboard downloads section once I get it uploaded.

I am also including the ability to edit the seasons and other stuff too since I have found out several different ways to change seasons and weather. I will be posting a complete guide to this massive release complete with screenshots illustrating various parts of it. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:06:49 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Santa Cole

• Ho Ho Ho Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 04:07:18 PM »
hehe,

Well I have also had many years practice at this too so that really helps with managing all this work. Just a FYI for you and everyone else here.....I will be posting shortly about a massive bully mod I will be releasing in a day or two maybe if I dont get too many interruptions finishing things up.....lets just say it is a mod that will keep everyone very busy and also answer a lot of questions that ppl have had regarding various ideas and mods. I am also integrating the mods Steman and I have done into this monster (only if hes ok with this). I will post all of the details for this in the proper thread on its own in the releases section and provide a link to the mod in the bullyboard downloads section once I get it uploaded.

I am also including the ability to edit the seasons and other stuff too since I have found out several different ways to change seasons and weather. I will be posting a complete guide to this massive release complete with screenshots illustrating various parts of it. :biggrin:

Sounds awesome, looking forward to it.  :)