News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Where do you think Bully took place?  (Read 2309 times)

Mike_W

Where do you think Bully took place?
« on: July 18, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »
For those who care, where do you think Bully took place?
 I know that Rockstar keeps it vague and says New England, but being a New Englander myself, I have tried to narrow it down.
 One important clue is looking at Bullworth Town and Blue Skies. Both the appearance of the town and the factories in blue skies point to Bullworth being modeled after an old industrial city, still somewhat vague as this fits the description of countless cities in New England.
 One thing that really narrows the choices down is that fact that Bullworth is on the ocean....
 While looking at Bullworth Vale, it seems to me that the best fitting place is, drum role please.... New Port, Rhode Island! Think about it: small city, on the coast, lots of mansions, wealthy residents.
 Anyone have any other ideas?

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 11:04:24 PM »
Well, not RIGHT on the ocean....Could be that the two river branches to the North (by the Dam), and to the east FEED to an ocean.....Would explain the Lighthouse, and the Bouys.....As to location, your guess is as good as any....Wish they had regional accents, that would help narrow it down.....Eh ??

Mike_W

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 11:11:41 PM »
Well we know one thing, it's not in Vermont, hehe.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 11:14:08 PM »
Not Lake Champlain ???  

No ???

Mike_W

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 11:17:10 PM »
Nah, plus the only city on lake Champlain is Burlington and that isn't really anywhere close in resemblance to Bullworth Town, especially since it lacks that major industry Blue skies has.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 11:23:25 PM »
Yeah, there would have to be a serious waterway connection, with the Industrial docks and the barges and stuff.......I think I would vote for the East branch of the river to go out to an ocean, since the North branch obviously comes from a higher elevation.......

Mike_W

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »
Very tricky. I don't think that Rockstar really intended Bullworth to be modelled after any one particular city, but more of a little bit of different NE cities all together. Besides Newport, it also sort of resembles New Bedford, MA because it is along the ocean and has a river, but I've been through there plenty of times and most of New Bedford resembles New Coventry with a taste of Blue skies factories of course.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 11:33:27 PM »
Well, we'll just have to leave it there...Somewhere in Rhode Island......

Sounds good to me......:cool:

Mike_W

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 11:36:23 PM »
Might as well, after all, Rockstar will never tell us, you just have to use your imagination.