News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully modding historical Info needed.  (Read 3097 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Bully modding historical Info needed.
« on: April 09, 2012, 06:02:32 PM »
Figured I would ask everyone present here to help me out with figuring out the whole history of bully modding up to the present day.

I aim to have this bit listed on my bully modding site as a nod off to every modder that has come before I came into the picture and as a way to kinda keep a small written historical account.

I figure this shouldn't be too difficult considering bully modding has only been around for a short while.

I also plan to have a hall of fame section for modders to be listed for being the first to create this or mod that or skin whatever. This will cover every part of the modding from fighting style/script modding to skin mods to whatever. This also will cover trainers anyone has created and released.

This will only cover released mods and not mods that have been created just to tease ppl by showing a vid and never releasing what was shown in the vid. My reason for that is because anyone can make a vid with a mod and stick it on youtube.....however not everyone can or will create a mod and willingly release it for everyone to enjoy. Think of this as a reward for those that are active in the community and not only release mods but also do what they can to help newbies out with the ins and outs of modding bully.

This is somthing I have thought about for a long time and decided to make it a reality.

But the historical account of bully modding will be somthing that I will consider more important first. And then go from there.

I will post in another topic the design for the bully hall of fame portion of the site which should get everyone's attention real fast.

What I need on the historical account of bully is simple. Names of who was active at one point.....what mod or mods they did or released.....approximately when that was.....thats it. The rest I will handle myself in wording everything out...but anyone also wishing to help out with that will not be turned away.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
Re: Bully modding historical Info needed.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:09:39 PM »
In 2008, I made my first mod which changed the speed of bikes. In 2009, I figured out how to retexture skins on my own. Recently, I figured out how to use accessory.dat on my own so I can remove hats or glasses and/or put them on.
All other mods, I learned from other people.

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »
well, check the releases section,and get all of those.Also, not sure if you, red, or stem wrote the Ultimate modding thread but it has the inventors of all the mods,though some of them are unknown. That's all i can think of, who is the odder that has been modding the longest? Might want to ask them

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:25 PM »
I don't think anyone modded Bully until late 2009 and even then only PC geniuses did.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:04:21 PM »
Definitly the vehicle stats modification was the first thing modded.

One of the first bully modded videos ever I have seen was pete as a prefect and changing jimmy fighting style and skin (2010). The account of the guy was Eellliioottt123. Another one was spawning johnny on free roam by chuck94 (2009).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:07:02 PM by deadpoolXYZ »

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:25:04 PM »
This guy was one of the earliest modders and he did this. (It was in 2007 when he made this video)
(Change the speed of the Bike) and it is the first File Mod.

File mod for Bully

Also, as most of you know Gman first changed skins.. And BM123 created the first person mod.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:30:49 PM by AlexTheGreaser »

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 09:48:10 PM »
I started in 2009.
I followed a post of gamespot and figured out how to put characters in free roam.
My first mod was my boss character free roam mod which I put Johnny,Mascot,Derby,Edgar,Pete,Bob,Earnest and all other hidden characters.

I didn't get it from Chacky94 it was by me. Allot of people tribute from my mod it is one of the best! Allot of people on youtube have my version of the character free roam mod anyone you see has my original mod I created I can even vouch for it because my buddy rs had it first.

I also created the first ever health changing mod where I could give another character his or her health and make them tougher or weaker. I can vouch for it. 

I also created a way to get rid of all prefects and police officers it was originally my mod to.

I also created a way to switch whole character health bars and give a character Russell's health it is different from my first Health mod because I am not just switching the Stat_G_Striker_A I am changing the whole stat from 12.100.12 or how ever way it is to another 12.800.12 by changing he whole stat from one to another. Originally by me.

I also created the very first Russell boss style on my own. I created the real version the one that has a different stance well not created just brought to free roam.

I also figured out Derby's incomplete boss style first then me and my Elliot123 figured out how to make him fight longer in his incomplete boss style.

I also am the first to ever get girl characters fighting I can vouch for this fully because my buddy rs has my first mod of it. I also am the original creator of switching styles fully but I wasn't the first. It was originally first done by someone else.

I also figured out how to add Johnny's full 100% boss style the one with his 3_B lines not the other version without it. I noticed this because with the /Global/G_Johnny.act/Anim/G_Striker_A it didn't have his 3_B talk in combo's but the /Global/G_Johnny.act/Anim/G_Johnny.act did and he would attack in a different pattern also he wouldn't use the same attacks all the time it would be controlled instead of grapple x4 etc.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »
Yea bike stats was first, i think we can all agree on that, then the fighting styles or skin then trigger modding soon followed by script modding with the release of the model lists and mission select mod, not sure when the texture modding thing came in so you will have to read through various topics to find out, and hopefully custom script modding will be the next big step  :D

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
Custom script modding already is.

It won't be a complete full reality just yet tho but its getting closer every day.

I also thank everyone for adding to all of this and once enough is added....I will cross check things to make sure everything is as accurate as possible and start compiling everything together.