News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Canis canem edit: Edited edition  (Read 9524 times)

deadpoolXYZ

Re: Canis canem edit: Edited edition
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »
Old school feel. Way before I turned over to the Glorious #PCMasterRace
You gotta be down with the Canis Canem Edit. Btw, doesn't Canis Canem Edit have that red color text? Why is it yellow here?

I think the red text was added in scholarship edition. There are a lot of leftover test scripts in SE that have the red text.

Here in canis canem edit any script you use will have yellow color for text 1 and white color for text 2.

Offline Sanic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 02:47:23 PM »
Wow awesome mod could you actually release this
I have a modifed ps2 i want to test this on real hardware

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 06:54:29 PM »
Their's actually a way to do this. I think modifying the textures for the pc version will do this. Taking the pc textures and adding them to the pc version can happen. The only downside to this is that they have to be added via nifskope I think or the editor used to add different textures into the game. For the sounds you would have to replace the SEA files in the compiled files this should be able to add some of the ps2 sounds to the pc version also.

For the peds it's the same exact way use the file that adds textures to the game it will work that way. What is weird is that most of the things from canis canem edit to Scholarship Edition are the same. What's different is the  textures, sounds, and the sky files for the ps2 version. The fighting style animations are much more fluid also and don't glitch.

Like Derby's block the animation has a glitch where when you hit Derby he can be hit even when he is blocking. Even when using charged punches in the ps2 version his block can block all charged punches like Ted. Also he has an evade that works the same way as Ted's where he can dodge all and most punches. This is where the DodgeCondition is used and the FightCondition. DodgeCondition was used all the time where Derby can dodge and evade all projectiles and weapons plus punches. FightCondition is where at least 6 extra punches from Jimmy's Boxing Style and Bif's were added. You can see this with the move he uses where it is added to be used less also with the uppercut. He had the 5 Hit combo the B Striker preppies used with the wipe of the head.

He also had the cross jump back punch from both sides. He also had the evade punch from both sides. He also used the 4 hit combo from A Striker. He had all 4 main evades and dodge used at all times. This is why when he does the 6 hit combo he stops to throw the last punch it was supposed to be a step back then punch to confuse the player.

I am going to investigate more tonight with my new pc. I will try and add the ps2 textures without using the pcsx2 if I succeed I may be able to find a way to add the original textures back will be a great edition to my Zombie Mod if I do.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:57:38 PM by LostInSpace »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 07:42:03 PM »
Their's actually a way to do this. I think modifying the textures for the pc version will do this. Taking the pc textures and adding them to the pc version can happen. The only downside to this is that they have to be added via nifskope I think or the editor used to add different textures into the game. For the sounds you would have to replace the SEA files in the compiled files this should be able to add some of the ps2 sounds to the pc version also.

The sound effects are in the .sea files? I have been looking for them on the pc version.
As far as I know there aren't any .sea files on the ps2 version.

For the peds it's the same exact way use the file that adds textures to the game it will work that way. What is weird is that most of the things from canis canem edit to Scholarship Edition are the same. What's different is the  textures, sounds, and the sky files for the ps2 version. The fighting style animations are much more fluid also and don't glitch.

They looked the same to me. The moves that glitched on the pc version are the same on ps2.

Like Derby's block the animation has a glitch where when you hit Derby he can be hit even when he is blocking. Even when using charged punches in the ps2 version his block can block all charged punches like Ted.

First you said that he can't block any attack and then he can block all the attacks?
I tested his block in his boss mission on the ps2 and the only difference was the blocking sound effect. The rest is exactly as the pc version.

Also he has an evade that works the same way as Ted's where he can dodge all and most punches. This is where the DodgeCondition is used and the FightCondition. DodgeCondition was used all the time where Derby can dodge and evade all projectiles and weapons plus punches.

To avoid confussion Derby has 2 types of evades. One that can evade melee strikes and one that can evade projectiles.

Derby's boss AI is what gives him the ability to use the duck, left and right evade plus bif charged punch. This one is the melee type evade so he can only evade melee strikes and grabs.

DodgeCondition is used only when he is hiding behind the bar in case you want to shoot him. This one is the projectiles type evade so he can' evade melee strikes with this one. Johnny and Gary also have the DodgeCondition ability although Johnny's is unused.

FightCondition is where at least 6 extra punches from Jimmy's Boxing Style and Bif's were added. You can see this with the move he uses where it is added to be used less also with the uppercut. He had the 5 Hit combo the B Striker preppies used with the wipe of the head.

What?!

FightCondition is used only on Derby and Johnny. This is what enables the chasing uppercut and tornado kick. Gary boss mission script also has the FightCondition function although Gary's act file doesn't have it so it's useless.

He also had the cross jump back punch from both sides. He also had the evade punch from both sides. He also used the 4 hit combo from A Striker. He had all 4 main evades and dodge used at all times. This is why when he does the 6 hit combo he stops to throw the last punch it was supposed to be a step back then punch to confuse the player.

Proof?

The act files remained the same from canis to SE. There is no way that's true.

I am going to investigate more tonight with my new pc. I will try and add the ps2 textures without using the pcsx2 if I succeed I may be able to find a way to add the original textures back will be a great edition to my Zombie Mod if I do.

Gl

Offline ShadowRageEX

• AKA ShadowCorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 08:09:38 AM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:22:27 AM by ShadowRageEX »

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 10:04:46 AM »
Pretty cool bud.

I honestly like some of the original version's graphics better. I sorta like both to be honest, they both have something nice to them. If only the PS2's shadows were better... idk.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »
Pretty cool bud.

I honestly like some of the original version's graphics better. I sorta like both to be honest, they both have something nice to them. If only the PS2's shadows were better... idk.
PS2 was a little dark though.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »
Check on the intersection between the Parking lot and the street on Canis Canem...Is way too bad lighted...I mean,too dark.

Offline Dictatorce

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 06:08:40 AM »
Do you still have a download link for the .lur file?

Offline UltimateGamer9

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 07:11:54 AM »
Do you still have a download link for the .lur file?
This isn't for releasing. This is for showing what he did. And he doesn't want to release it even if you want him to.