News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Well guys, it's been fun...  (Read 21708 times)

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
    • View Profile
Well guys, it's been fun...
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:02:34 PM »
No, I'm not leaving. I know the title's a little misleading. I just felt a thread was necessary for this "announcement." I have officially given up all hope for a Bully 2 and accepted that there is only one Bully, and that's how it will stay. But it has been fun, waiting for it. I think Mr. Shawn Lee is retired now, at home watching Oprah. So farewell imaginary Bully 2! I hope I am wrong.

You will be... missed?

P.S. - I sort of said this in another thread about 5 minutes ago. :p
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:04:38 PM by Dave K »

Offline scg25

• Nerdgasm
    • View Profile
Re: Well guys, it's been fun...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:16:47 PM »
Shit.....

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
I haven't officially given up, but I sure as hell hold no high hopes neither.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »
I just... think it's gone waaaaay too far past the release of the original. I feel like they would've made it long ago. But I could be wrong. Just think a majority of people have already forgotten about it... except us, of course.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
I feel the same. I think if a Bully 2 was going to be made it would have been made a long time ago. I'm not giving up completely though.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »
It's just such a random game. I don't think they would've made Bully a huge surprise. Not popular enough in my opinion.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 08:26:29 PM »
When I first saw the debut of Bully I didn't think it was going to be that good. I didn't buy it for a year or so. I just decided to buy it 'cause it was cheap. I had no clue I would like the game so much. Its because of what Bully is as a great game that I still hold hope.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 08:31:10 PM »
Shit.....

I forgot to mention how hilarious this is as being the first post!

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 08:52:14 PM »
I've never given up and never will. Why should you? Just because you don't get another one as soon as you'd like? The game it's self a long with the SE didn't sell well at all when you combine both in sales with all consoles. I can see why they are holding back on making a new one just for that.

That isn't the only thing though, look at the history of Rockstar. They don't announce a dozen games at once, for plenty of reasons. If a game isn't announced it's being released or has a release date don't mean nothing. I don't see them announcing any new game until they release at least one more game. LA Noire just released, they still have Agent which hasn't any news about it. Plus Max Payne 3 which still seems to be in early development with not much news.

If you didn't know Bully was developed by Rockstar Vancouver, not New England. New England only ported the game to 360 and PC with a few added things in it. And Toronto ported it to the Wii. Now that that's out of the way you have a thing to think about it.

Would you rather have Vancouver or New England develop it? Personally me, I'd take Vancouver any day. Main reason being as much as I enjoy playing SE it was a shitty port, that had so many game breaking glitches.

Max Payne 3 I'd say will be out (I'm guessing) Holiday 2012. It'll be a great year to release both that and Agent. When Max Payne 3 is officially released then you can worry about the next Bully game. Only until then, never give up faith on this company.

Besides Manhunt one of the most violent and controversial games to be released got a sequel. If that series can get at least one more. Than why can't Bully? Next person who gives up hope I'll cut your damn dick off :P.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »
*Applause*

Well, appreciate it Snake. But unfortunately I've given up!

I hope I am wrong.

^This.

Chrissy

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 10:47:30 PM »
I don't have a dick for you to cut off, otherwise I'd tell you to suck it before you cut it.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 01:17:47 AM »
^ That is defiantly quote worthy, and will be in mine the next time I change it.

And Dave you haven't given up, and you want ever. Unless you know for sure Rockstar says so. Like I said before wouldn't you want Vancouver to develop it? That'd be like them letting someone else develop GTA, you can't do that. Rockstar North must do it.

Besides Sam and especially Dan must be wore the hell out. These guys are very involved in their games. Both of these guys have been the story writer on every GTA game. Dan himself was also the producer for just about every one of them. Dan also being a voice actor in the same games. He also was the writer for Smugglers Run 2, Bully, and Red Dead Redemption.

Dan truly is the man behind this company. Every major game he is a part of, not just one way but several ways. A lot of people don't know this, and actually should know it. When you think about great people in the business a few people come to mind for a lot of people. Gabe Newell, Hideo Kojima,  and John Carmack, and so many others. The only difference is how many times have you seen either Dan or Sam in an interview? Me, well none with Sam, and only about 3 with Dan.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:29:45 PM by Crazy Snake »

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »
I look at it this way.  Bully has passed into the realm of "Classical Games"....And has developed a 'Cult-Like' status.....Us.  There are others on the fringe of the Cult, look how may hits this site gets and continues to get, even though not that many sign up and post.  How many other one-shot games can make that claim ? 

By our very presence here, we are promoting Bully, and letting the world know there is still an intense interest in the game, even 5 years down the road.  Through us, Bully lives.  We are the Syndicators. 

There may be or never may be a Bully 2.  None of us individually has the power to force RockStar to produce another one.  No, our power is this site, our collective voice, saying "We loved this game, and would like to see a sequel."

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »
The problem is that what we say doesn't always effect the developers. We are the fans, and the voice of the fans isn't really looked at by most developers. Its understandable to why, but if they just listened even slightly to us, then they would see things from our perspective and have an idea of what would be good for their buisiness.

When a game is put on the market the fans are who make it a success, so technically speaking, its all about the fans isn't it? What we want is what makes a developer or breaks a developer.

Offline Weremuffin

• This title has no innuendo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »
Guys(and girls), At least wait for E3 before losing hope.
Cause wouldn't it be revealed there?