News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Create A Character?  (Read 44037 times)

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Create A Character?
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2011, 11:03:46 PM »
^ That is kind of sad, but the reason for that is they don't care about online that much. They put all their effort in sp and that's a great thing. If you look at it mp in all games, mostly with consoles are dead in a few years. With sp you can always go back to playing it, dead mp you can't play it anymore.

Offline Bully Boy 2011

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2011, 06:40:58 AM »
Thats not true. look at games like GTA4 COD4 SR2.
4 years old but still you can always find N online lobby full of players

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 11:36:46 AM »
Take CoD4 out of that, it's considered on of the best games ever when it comes to online. SR2 and GTAIV does have people. But your looking at both of them games compared you'd be lucky to have over 5k on both games playing. That's a lot of money to keep that server up when hardly one is playing it. Besides when the next GTA or Saints Row comes out, that's when those to will likely die.

Chrissy

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »
Yeah, look at the RE:Outbreak games.

Offline Bully Boy 2011

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 12:33:41 PM »
Take CoD4 out of that, it's considered on of the best games ever when it comes to online. SR2 and GTAIV does have people. But your looking at both of them games compared you'd be lucky to have over 5k on both games playing. That's a lot of money to keep that server up when hardly one is playing it. Besides when the next GTA or Saints Row comes out, that's when those to will likely die.

why. how much does it cost to keep a games servers running?

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »
It's according really, especially what type of game. How much maintenance is done to the servers as well. I forgot to mention though once a lot of game start slowing down, developers will turn off a lot of servers. Usually only leading to having enough with what the population is in game. That also leads to the still being able to find games, less servers with less people make it easier to find the match.

Offline blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »
Hi everybody I'm new to the forums so yeah, my first replay, yay.

Anyways, back on topic, yes. Even though Jimmy was highly customizable unlike many other Rockstar games. The Create-A-Character feature takes longer time to create, having to make all the different faces, voices, hairstyles, etc. IF Rockstar are to do the create a character thing, I don't think the voice should change, that would be of too much trouble and would probably take longer (I REALLY don't want that). An idea would be that, just like the first GTA, you could pick out of various characters. They're all the same inside, but physically they're not. The name stays the same, because when discussing the game in forums as this, I would find it annoying calling the main character, "The protagonist" instead of just the name, like Jimmy. So in a way, I agree with you but I believe I have made my point on the other hand.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2011, 06:16:50 PM »
Hello Blitz, nice to meet you, and seeing you contributing. You could introduce yourself though, that way a lot more people would meet you.

Offline Mercury

• Bullworth Official Steroids Dealer
  • Workout Freak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »
The name stays the same, because when discussing the game in forums as this, I would find it annoying calling the main character, "The protagonist" instead of just the name, like Jimmy. So in a way, I agree with you but I believe I have made my point on the other hand.
You got major arguments there, and you're right. In Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, you could choose between five characters, and then customize their clothes, their hairstyles and their tatoos by entering shops.

Offline Bully Boy 2011

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2011, 07:32:51 AM »
^^ Even that would be a step up from just pre-set Jimmy Hopkins.
      I dunno about u but i think Bully should be a highly customizable game. Its not the same as GTA its more of an individual game where characterz all have strong personalities

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2011, 09:35:51 AM »
One could say that the individual personalities make the game a lot better than others.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
^ I agree with that the most, one of the best things about the game imo.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
What I would have really liked would have been a lot better boy / girl balance.  I understand this is primarily a Bully fighting game, yeah....But at least twice or three times as many girls would be a bit more real.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »
I agree with that as well, every girl was a whore in the game lol. I'd settle for a map about the same size if they'd make the school bigger, and add a lot more students. GTA IV was huge, so I know they'd be able to do it.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
Does anyone know how many missions they have, on the average, in a GTA game ?  I know Bully's total is listed at 79 (in the regular game, I don't know how many missions are in SE).....

Be curious to know.  If it's about the same, then sure, they could have expanded the map.