News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: The Entire Fighting Style  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Hopking

• View Profile
The Entire Fighting Style
« on: November 05, 2013, 06:51:35 AM »
Hi everyone... I've seen a few videos where they're recording themselves using the entire fighting style (instead of the simple shift + alt moves) [the combos that jimmy doesn't have access to when you change his fighting style] such as the johnny normal attacks. Is there a lua function that lets you switch, or what?

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
Re: The Entire Fighting Style
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:59:14 AM »
Yeah the PedSetActionNode command.

It works like this, For example :
Code: [Select]
PedSetActionNode(gPlayer, "/Global/G_Striker_A/Offense/HeavyAttacks", "Act/Anim/G_Striker_A")
is hard to get some moves of styles sometimes but with time and patience you can get them. to get the moves you can check the .cat files.

Offline Hopking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:06:22 AM »
So, this is how people can get the gary nemesis kick among his second punch combo?

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:22:44 AM »
Yeah.

But remember there is more than just "Offense/HeavyAttacks" there is also "Offense/LightAttacks/Strikes" but it depends on what you want to get, for normal styles they all use "Offense" if is an attack (i know is obious but im just explaining) and if the anim doesnt work when you set it to Jimmy then press Attack button or Run Button to check if is a set of anims. some anims works automaticly when you set them to any ped or Jimmy.

Offline Phap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 06:51:43 PM »
Yeah.

But remember there is more than just "Offense/HeavyAttacks" there is also "Offense/LightAttacks/Strikes" but it depends on what you want to get, for normal styles they all use "Offense" if is an attack (i know is obious but im just explaining) and if the anim doesnt work when you set it to Jimmy then press Attack button or Run Button to check if is a set of anims. some anims works automaticly when you set them to any ped or Jimmy.
Wait, did Rise approve of this Walter?

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »
Yeah.

Wait, did Rise approve of this Walter?

Most of the modders who make their own lua scripts already know this.
Rise only cares if the action nodes are spoiled.