News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: What controls the weather?  (Read 4911 times)

Offline Hopking

• View Profile
What controls the weather?
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »
Does anybody here know how I change weather effect? Deleting or modifying edit:*timecyc.dat* have done nothing and no does effect game in any way!

I cannot find which file controls the, weather currently..
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:26:50 AM by Hopking »

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
Re: What controls the weather?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:04 AM »
Pedstats makes characters stronger or weaker depending
What stats u choose it affects the game u just need
to know how to work with it. For the weather go to the modding section
go to  "mega tutorial by madman and steman
and in there think I saw a tutorial about it there. Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:10:37 AM by c00ld0c26 »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »
lua, through the WeatherSet function.

Offline Hopking

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »

Sorry, I didnt mean type 'pedstats' i mean 'timecyc'

and OK, how is the progress on LUA?

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »

Sorry, I didnt mean type 'pedstats' i mean 'timecyc'

and OK, how is the progress on LUA?

By what Ive gathered from red madman on topics and from disscussing with red , he will do this after he finishes off hes projects and mods , then he will release a tutorial about Lua , it wont happend this year.(This may not be 100% true since I am not red or madman and I may not know the full story)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:16:22 AM by c00ld0c26 »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 11:15:39 AM »
Well, not much new has been happening in the lua world, but we won't have an update on that until near the end of this year.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 07:47:25 PM »
I hated the weather system in bully.

The rain chances are really low. I would like to record a fight with a rainy weather to make it special.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
Yeah also, what's up with the winter once in the entire game?

I know it's due to some missions related to christmas, but really?
AND NO VALENTINES RELATED MISSIONS?!?!
What about Miss Philips and Galloway going to the carnival?
Or what about Trent and Kirby beating up nerds together as their relationship grows?

Offline Peachrocks

• A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
I'd really like to control weather too :P. I know one of you was nearly finished their mod *shrug*.

Offline Hopking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
It is great when it snows.. the sound is really eerie, but snow never lasts more than 3 minutes, and I am really curious why deleting timecyc.dat does nothing

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 06:07:21 AM »
It probably never got used.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »
the snow on ground is set by flagging, but the snow itself is set through a script

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
the snow on ground is set by flagging, but the snow itself is set through a script

Yep and yep.

I plan to get some things released asap since due to some things happening in my personal life that are out of my control...I may have to take a very extended leave of absence from bb and bully modding after december is over....depends on how certain things go.

Red knows the full story and Chrissy knows some of it....and I prefer that it remain only with them and not get spread around the community due to how personal the matter happens to be.

There will not be a complete set of lua script sources released at all this year or anytime soon due to the still massive amount of rewriting that I still have to do. However...I will release the intact scripts that I have fixed and some of my mod sources (the small mods) to help modders get a feel for how the lua scripts actually work.

I have been trying to help Red learn everything he can in such a short time on lua and he basicly got a crash course in it and has picked it up very well and is getting almost on par with my own knowledge about lua...hehe....and will be able to help newbies learn the basics so they can get started with learning the rest on their own by simple experimentation and observation of the original code.

I also will still be getting the magazine issue number 1 out too which it has been on the backburner due to not having enough time to do much work on it and it is along pretty nicely.....but I have been getting bogged down with far too many projects coming my way outside of bully modding and online stuff....so my online life has had to take a backseat so to speak...heh.

@Prosecute
I would like to get you on board and trained up on lua if you have the time and energy m8 since I did tell you that I would be able to do that and besides.....where the heck have you been?....lol.....not heard so much as a peep from you in so long that I thought you were no longer active anymore...and I never see you on xfire period.....haven't been checking with steam as of late so I have no idea if you have been logging into that either. Been wanting to get you updated on all the latest stuff that Red and I have found and get your take on some things as well as get a little bit of extra help with things since neither of us can do everything alone....heh.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »
Meh, had a problem with laptop mouse which made using it untenable, its somewhat sorted now kind of, had too reformat but that didn't work (which is why i haven't been on x fire as its not installed) which brings me to believe that Its probably a hardware issue. I have been back for a month or so its just i keep missing you due to time zone difference.

as far as the boards concerned i don't plan on going anywhere until most of the mods which people want are out there (which means i will be coming back out of "retirement" when I can to jump on the bandwagon and lend a hand with various projects when i get other things done.)

I will still be keeping an eye on the modding board etc in the mean time, so don't worry about that, I look forward to you and red filling me in on the juicy details.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
Trust me m8, I plan to.

I will state though that even with everything Red and I have been working on and doing for everyone....there is still A LOT of ground to cover before everything in bully is fully able to be modded in some fashion.

Red and I though are kinda stuck at a annoying brick wall so to speak with two mods we both are working on seperately that are needing basicly the same bits of code that never got decompiled so I have to do some serious number crunching and guessing to see about getting this stuff squared away.

If you want...send me a pm and I will explain my current (personal) situation with you and explain what *MIGHT* happen after December since it might cause some problems with the modding community that I really wish to avoid if I can.

Lets just say I am kinda on borrowed time atm on my financial situation to put it nice and simple without giving too much away here on the public section.....

But that part outta the way....I will be gunning for a release sometime next week of the modding magazine issue number 1 plus the custom lua compiler...plus the working original bully script sources all at once....

I planned to have that all out already but things kept popping in and putting that behind further and further then I wanted...but I can't dedicate my entire life to modding as much as I want to...hehe....since it is quite fun.

It is just too bad I can't make money doing this since I do desperately need it atm just to get my bills paid.

anyways...best we put this topic back on track since I really hate derailing topics like this....