News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Model replacing  (Read 2695 times)

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
Model replacing
« on: November 05, 2012, 08:45:53 AM »

Q : For some reason I cant understand this , can anyone explain it to me in other words?

- [4.3] Model Replacing
Requirements: HxD Hex Editor Founder: Steman and Madman
the Model ID lists are like the holy grail to scripts.img, It is in my opinion the most useful find upto date and a big step into when full custom lua scripting becomes available (the list will be able to be used for custom mission scripts) you can create many of your own mods using this and the possibilities of what you wish to use it for are endless and only limited to your imagination and your ideas. with it you can change pretty much anything a couple of examples of this mod would be...

PEDS
(Please note: the list works as a FULL model swap so it doesn't just mask the model like other methods do, also these lists have been through extensive testing)
1) changing peds in missions, (including bosses)
2) changing spawned scripted peds (including shopkeepers, freakshow peeps, gym peeps etc)
3) custom Dodgeball teams for tournaments
4) custom Bodyguards
5) Punchbag role reversal (swapping the punchbag and the boxer around)
6) Betting Mod (Change the midgets)
7) Change who spawns in the Boxing ring
etc

VEHICLES
1) Changing bikes in the shop
2) Changing the spawned go-kart at the school
3) Changing Vehicles you race with

WEAPONS
1) Change what is purchased in shops (including getting key items back)
2) Change what weapon is given to you in a mission
3) Change mission scripted weapons (like keep ups football etc)
4) Bring back lost weapons including the newspapers, camera, super spud gun and slingshot

PLEASE NOTE SEVERAL MONTHS OF HARDWORK AND TESTING HAS GONE INTO THIS LIST AND I'M 100% CERTAIN THAT EVERYTHING IS AS IT SHOULD BE, IF THEIR ARE ANY MISTAKES PLEASE NOTIFY THE THREAD CO-ORDINATORS

Peds Model List:
List 1 is a full list of the models, it is unknown why their are several models of each ped and why they are doubled up (if you are searching and replacing you wont find any models unless they have a {M} next to them as this is the Main model the game uses to load that ped
List 2 is a list with all the main models (it is the better list to search with)

Vehicles:
Their isn't really much to explain about this

Weapons:

Code: [Select]
ASCII   Hex Value   Weapon         KEY Pic Name   PEDSTATS   P/N   Appear   IDE€•C   80 95 43   Yard Stick       {W} [ ] [N]   yardstick   [ ][N]   Yes   yardstick...yardstick...W_Stick.null

ASCII - The String as it appears in a hex editor
Hex Value - The Hex Value of the String
Weapon - The Weapon name as it appears when spawned to the player directly
Key - Refer to WAIT Legend
Pic - Whether it has a picture when spawned directly
Name - whether it has a name when spawned directly (this is shown as the weapon name)
Pedstats - name of weapons texture for use in pedstats file
P/N - Pic and name
Appear? - This is whether it appears using the pedstats file method
IDE - Files IDE data

Tuts:
It is best to find and extract the actual file your editing as this will only edit the needed file rather than the full lot, egg if its a boss you want to edit extract the file that contains that mission they are in (list can be found in the ultimate modding thread under scripts section)
and then search and replace the bosses hex value using the method shown below:

Replacing peds:
1) Open Scripts.img in a hex editor
2) Press ctrl and R or open the search and replace function
3) change the datatype from string to hex (the bottom combobox)
4) in box 1 put the hex value of the ped you wish to replace as a example i will use Zeke's ID
4-cont) so put "00 3D 43" in the top box (remember only {M} main models for this box)
5) Then in the 2nd Box put "00 82 42"
6) Save the file
7) Go to the carnival and you will see Zeke has been replaced

Vehicles:
This works in the same way instead of putting in ped models you will put in vehicle models instead. example if i searched "80 90 43" and replaced with "00 8F 43" then ALL instances of the go cart would be replaced with the taxi, meaning the taxi would spawn at the garage instead of the go cart, and you and your opponents will be driving taxi's in races

Weapons:
This is also similar put in the top box the hex value for the eggs (00 9C 43), then in the 2nd one for another {A} (Armory weapon) (like the slingshot) (80 97 43) search and replace now go to the shop and you will see the eggs are now replaced with the slingshots model making it repurchaseable

IMPORTANT It is allways best to Pinpoint the actual file you are editing and work with that instead of editing the whole of scripts.img as their is a likelihood that something will corrupt somewhere making the file unusable and remember to backup[/size]

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Model replacing
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 09:50:32 PM »
I can easily explain it but try if you can to wait at least till sometime next week since I am trying very hard to crack out the first bully modding magazine issue along with the custom lua compiler and some of the original bully script sources since everything in the tutorials that are out already...you can do simply by using the lua scripting language.

Trust me....it is far less of a headache.....while there is still a lot of work to do with the lua scripts....the ones I can release for now are enough for the community to start doing their own custom scripts for the game and experimenting with things.

I just have to get enough time to finish the writeups and get the stuff out. Also releasing another img editing tool that is specifically geared towards building brand new world.img files since none of the img editors out there so far are able to handle the sheer number of files the bully world.img has....most crash or have a error when trying this. This is NOT a gui tool nor is it a replacement for my current bully img editor. Rather it is just meant for the world.img though you can use it to build other .img files easily and it uses command line and batch files to do all of the work for you.

I will explain this more on release day with a complete post with the manual...etc for it.

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:08:25 PM »
I couldn't possible do all those scripts I think.
I use to done those for MAFIA, GTA, APB, ETC
But right now I havent read your full post of that question lol.
Ok, first of all I'm gonna say all that will take to long time to timing.
Specially since you gotta make sure you don't forget what you changed and try and rechange it and shit heh.
:3

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 05:28:16 AM »
Okey.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile