News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Resident Evil Chit-Chat  (Read 27071 times)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil Chit-Chat
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2012, 03:47:28 PM »
4 and 5 sucked. 6 better be good or this series is going to finally reach its end.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »
The beta turned into Devil May Cry. The original 4 was more eerie and supernatural.

Resident Evil 3.5 (All Footage)

There was a black 'mist' and I think it was 'alive' and Leon was infected.

That's the video I was talking about...I mean, it actually looks scary! Why this was scrapped is beyond me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:50:46 PM by くにお »

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »
Around the 4th game action was only being introduced. Horror and scares have always been around. This was like an experiment of bringing new things into the series. That experiment just went wrong. I think Capcom might have a better understanding now of what needs to be done.

They need to balance out the use of both action and horror in order to satisfy everyone. Hopefully 6 will bring this. Something they seem to have done is look back on old games like RE 3. They took some of the ideas from those games and brought them to 6. I feel that there will be some hope for this game.

Even if this game doesn't satisfy me and others looking for similar things, there will always be people who like the game, so there actually isn't an "end" to this series. Fans will always be around no matter what.

Looking back on RE games I've played, I think the Outbreak games were amazing.

Chrissy

« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »
The beta turned into Devil May Cry. The original 4 was more eerie and supernatural.

That's the video I was talking about...I mean, it actually looks scary! Why this was scrapped is beyond me.
Yeah, it had a fantastic creep factor! I don't know how it turned into DMC, because that game isn't creepy. At least not to me. I loved the marionettes in DMC, though. I thought it was an interesting concept.

The original RE2 was scrapped. Initially, we didn't have Claire, and the police station actually looked a lot different. I *think* there were going to be horses in that one, too.

If anyone doesn't know, this site has pretty much everything pertaining to RE 1.5.
http://bioflames.com/

Also, for shits and giggles, my favorite part in the original RE that scared the crap out of me when I was younger,
Resident Evil 1 - Richard Needs Serum
Around 8:20

"There are terrible demons! Ouuuuch!"

The dialogue is so terrible. XD

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
What pissed me off is he wound up dying anyway after I went to all that trouble to get the GD serum.

Chrissy

« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »
Have you played the Remake?

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »
Remake ?  There was a Remake ?

Chrissy

« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2012, 05:49:46 AM »

Yeah, it had a fantastic creep factor! I don't know how it turned into DMC, because that game isn't creepy. At least not to me. I loved the marionettes in DMC, though. I thought it was an interesting concept.

The original RE2 was scrapped. Initially, we didn't have Claire, and the police station actually looked a lot different. I *think* there were going to be horses in that one, too.

If anyone doesn't know, this site has pretty much everything pertaining to RE 1.5.
http://bioflames.com/

Also, for shits and giggles, my favorite part in the original RE that scared the crap out of me when I was younger,
Resident Evil 1 - Richard Needs Serum
Around 8:20

"There are terrible demons! Ouuuuch!"

The dialogue is so terrible. XD

It's the same character, more or less, only her name is Elza, and she went to town originally to promote a race or something of the sort. But other than that, they're both 19 year old biker chicks.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2012, 08:40:37 PM »
Interesting, this is the first time I've read this whole thread.  Some of the same people who professed to love the series (even the 4th and 5th games) two years ago are now saying that the series is finished and that RE 4/5 are garbage.  What happened in those two years?  Mind you, this isn't a critique of anyone.  I have former friends who I knew for years and would have done anything for, but for various reasons have nothing to do with them now.  I write all this just to say how time and experience can change our viewpoints.   :hmm:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:16:39 PM by P Erik P »

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
Code Veronica was really difficult. Good game though. RE4 and RE5 were too action packed. They were more shooter/action than horror/survival. I liked them in the beginning when I played them. I was expecting something big of an ending. But I got nothing of that. I was unhappy.

I hope to see RE6 with improvements.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:50:38 PM by King Cobra »

Chrissy

« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2012, 11:54:53 PM »
The demo's been hacked. It's garbage.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2012, 12:02:18 AM »
Even with the people who have left the RE series, there will always be fans. Believe it or not there were some people who actually liked RE4 and RE5.

As I said, one more chance for them. I'm getting this. I won't just say fuck it to this series after all of this time I've been with it. One more game. If this one fails me, then I'm done. It would suck if that happens....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:08:48 AM by King Cobra »

Chrissy

« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2012, 01:06:46 AM »
I liked RE4, but it wasn't Resident Evil. RE5 is where they really screwed up. RE6 is being made to pander to the CoD generation.

I saw what was found through the hacked code. I'm not happy. At all.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2012, 01:53:27 AM »
^ Hmm...well I really liked the RE 3.5 beta stuff you showed me.  Maybe that should have been RE4 (or RE5 actually--I never got why Code Veronica wasn't called RE4) and then the game that became RE4 could have been the start of a whole new series.  I'm disappointed to hear that RE6 is just more of the same.  Don't you think that the more action packed, FPS style of RE 4-6 has always been to attract the CoD/MoH crowd?   :(