News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Resident Evil Chit-Chat  (Read 27072 times)

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
Re: Resident Evil Chit-Chat
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2012, 11:39:32 AM »
Looks like Leon still has that ridiculous emo haircut.  :laugh:

But, maybe by now he's learned how to walk and shoot at the same time. We can only hope. It looks like a lot of the more horrifying elements that characterized the earlier games are more prevalent here, at least, more so then in 5 where they where a bit lacking. I remember hearing right around the same time the fifth game came out from the game's creator that Resident Evil 6 is going to be a full reboot of the franchise, is that what's going on here? Seem to me it's just another entry.

Chrissy

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »
This game is honestly going to make or break the series for me.

If it's good, then it's good. If it's shit, then I'll never buy anything from Capcom again.

Also, in response to Corpse - I read some time back after the release of 5 that they claimed a reboot was necessary, because all the current character's story lines are done, and they had new characters in the works. I honestly don't know what to make of Chris and Leon being in this one if the initial claim stated otherwise.

As for Blondie, think she's Ashley or Sherry? Or someone entirely new?

Oh, and my biggest gripe is that they always pair Leon with some random chick and always give it romantic undertones. Just fuckin' bring Claire back already.

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
This game is honestly going to make or break the series for me.

If it's good, then it's good. If it's shit, then I'll never buy anything from Capcom again.
I've never understood why people say things like that. It's not like anything they do with this game is gonna make the previous or future games any worse.

Just fuckin' bring Claire back already.
This. A million times this.

Another thing, get rid of Leon's douche bag haircut.

Chrissy

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »
Because I'm sick of them shitting on the series. Code Veronica was the last good game in the series. I dont really count the Outbreaks, because they weren't canon. Gaiden was stupid. While RE4 was good, it deviated way too much from what made RE, well, RE. I wont lie, it looks promising, but if it's just shit with glitter thrown on it, then to hell with it. I'm not going to keep supporting Capcom with money that I work for and not be satisfied with the end result. Also, this game will influence future storylines, I don't know why you said it wouldn't. Look how four inspired the trash that was five. Wesker children? Really?

The original influenced the second and third, the second influenced CV, so it's a bit silly to say otherwise.

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »
I'm just saying, condemning the entire future of the franchise for only a couple of games in the series seems a little silly, especially if you enjoy the first couple so much. But that's just me. I understand that your not willing to put down hard earned money on something your only gonna be disappointed with in the end, especially if your that interested in the franchise. I wouldn't want to either, but I would at least wait to see what the future brings before I wrote it off completely.

I'm just of the opinion that no matter what happens beyond this point, your always going to have the original games you like so much. Nothing can take that away from you and no game, no matter how atrocious it turns out to be, will effect them. It may in fact give you even more respect for the earlier games, or at least make you appreciate them for being in the series during it's prime and when it was at it's best.

Chrissy

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »
To me, it's kind of like they're willing to ruin the series, why should I care anymore? Yeah, I enjoyed it at one point, but when it loses it's luster, then it becomes moot at that point and I just move on.

Besides, if things go according to how I want it, I honestly don't know how much I'll be able to game anymore.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2012, 12:07:55 AM »

Another thing, get rid of Leon's douche bag haircut.

Who cares about a haircut? :/

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2012, 12:49:02 AM »
It's just one of many things that mad Resident Evil 4 a piece of shit.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »
A haircut?.. Made a game shit? Or is one of the reasons? xD

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2012, 10:06:05 AM »
Ehhh.....While I liked RE 4 Ok, It was almost like playing some other series game.  Gone were our lovable stupid zombies, to be replaced with...Infected stupid foreign village people in some backwards country that may have been Eastern European ? 

I'm along with Chrissy on this one.  This RE 6 had best return to the series roots, or what's the point ?

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2012, 07:30:45 PM »
I've heard this new game brings back the old feel of the series. Hopefully it does, and I'd love to see it.

Only complaint I have with the old games is the controls. Fuck using 3D controls. Walking like a tank was cool back then, but is not needed anymore. Even RE4 & 5 use it just in a different way.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2012, 08:49:37 AM »
Yeah, but that kind of movement was sort of special in it's own way, wasn't it ?  Part of what made RE, well, RE.  I think they should return to that way of moving the RE characters around.  Very nostalgic, I would feel.

Chrissy

« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
I will be getting Resident Evil Mercenaries for the 3DS, because their Mercenaries game is definitely innovative - to me, at least. I love trudging around the map and just destroying shit.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »
Not really Chuck, at least I don't feel that way. A lot of games back in the day used the same thing. Silent Hill being on in the pack of games that did.

Chrissy

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2012, 10:42:07 PM »
So I've actually sat down and watched Operation Raccoon City trailers and gameplay. I want it, but I don't want to pay for it.