News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Resident Evil Chit-Chat  (Read 26849 times)

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • My Butt Is Permanently Glued To This Chair
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil Chit-Chat
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
I'm not impressed with RE6. Scathing review to come when I pen it.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »
^ Will look forward to that.   ;)

Right now, money is very tight for...reasons.  Based on what I've seen, there's no way in hell I'm wasting my limited funds on it.   :neen:

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2012, 12:01:28 AM »
The RE series won't lose buyers. Even with people leaving RE there will always be fans. Why do you think they're still running? People still buy the games. I just got it for my B-day.

It's pretty good. Sure as hell better than RE 5. I don't expect to see it as a nominee at the VGAs though. AC III and Hitman: Absolution are at the top, not including any other games or series.

RE 6 is bringing back some of the things fans wanted from previous games along with some new ideas. They want to see how people react to RE 6 and use that info for a future game.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 12:14:56 AM by King Cobra »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2012, 12:31:35 AM »
Said it before and I'll say it again: To me, RE is a dead series now. It lost its flare.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2012, 12:38:19 AM »
A lot feel that way. As I said though, hasn't stopped people from buying the games.

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2012, 12:49:51 AM »
I'm in the process of playing Chris's campaign, which I have a feeling is the only one I'll like.

It's my first run-through and I'm playing it on veteran. Ammo gets tight on Veteran, so I resort to using the knife to conserve on ammo. Using the knife to defeat enemies is so much easier since you can move and use it (you can also shoot and walk). I like the challenge.

First off, the enemies could have been more creative. Some are some stupid half-grasshopper hybrid and some others are some stupid half-spider hybrid. It's actually incredibly cheesy and unimaginative.

Chris is perpetually angry and Piers sort of butts heads with him, but ... I didn't mind them so much. Chris was reckless at points, and Piers is sort of like a protective younger brother. I felt they had good chemistry in regards to their relationship.

The action is actually not that bad. It takes a moment to get used to it. I think initially the camera angle is a bit too fast, but altering it in the options fixes it.

The story ... where do I begin? It's lame. It's cheesy. It's ... again I use the word, unimaginative.

Another thing? I dislike Ada. Her wannabe Batman bullshit is obnoxious. She virtually has no flaws marysue. They focus too much on her. They focus too much on her 'relationship' with Leon.

Leon's story is ... boring. It's like they tried too hard to get back to the roots, they touched upon it, and instead of mixing it up a bit to keep it fresh, they kept it stale. Stagnant, even. Helena is whiny and nosy, constantly questioning his 'relationship' with Ada.

They also altered the RE universe to fit this storyline full of more plot holes than a slice of Swiss cheese. Chris has no idea who Ada Wong is. Um, how is that even possible? Previously, we were told he, Claire, Leon and Jill were part of an anti-Umbrella movement, and suddenly they're in separate organizations with little to no contact. Which is it?

I haven't done Sherry and Jake's story yet, so I can't comment on it.

The game could have been better in regards to the story. When the stories intersect, it's forced, it doesn't flow naturally. The enemies become stale after a while. The Quick Time Events (QTE) are obnoxious, because the game is peppered with them. Sometimes I just want to watch a damn cutscene.

Honestly, Chris is my favorite character and Piers has become a close second. I will replay the game to get the most out of it, but I think I'll enjoy Chris's segment the most. I could look past the enemies being boring if the story were more enthralling, but it's a letdown.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2012, 02:18:40 AM »
I'm currently playing Jake and Sherry's campaign. They took the ideas of RE 3 with nemesis and brought that back. People really liked the whole nemesis thing in RE 3, so Jake and Sherry are heavily based on that. You might like it.

There is a lot of QTEs in this game. I think it's one thing they added to try and make an improvement. Didn't really work. They're trying to go back to the roots while introducing some new ideas. As I said, whatever people say about RE 6 will end up impacting the next game on how it's made.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:24:34 AM by King Cobra »

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts on it, Chrissy and Cobra.  I've never forgiven the series for abandoning my favorite playable character, Claire.  She's a big part of the reason why I still feel that the series peaked with RE2 and CV.   :ajajaxh5:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:07:09 PM by P Erik P »

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »
They've added new female characters into RE 6, but I don't think we've seen the last of Claire. If they brought back Sherry from RE 2 then Claire will most likely be in another game. I didn't see Jill in RE 6, but I doubt we've seen the last of her as well.

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2012, 12:07:52 AM »
Beat Chris's campaign.

Fuck you, Capcom. Piers was amazing. You should have killed whiny, bitchy Helena or fucking Ada. Hell, even Leon isn't Leon anymore, you should have killed him.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2012, 12:09:21 AM »
Yup. He's gone. And Chris was gonna give him the job too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 12:11:13 AM by King Cobra »

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2012, 12:20:06 AM »
Fuck this game.

It screwed me out of two achievements.

Not to mention their checkpoints system is fucked up. I went to continue chapter 4 last night, it put me back at chapter 3.

GARBAGE GARBAGE GARBAGE.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2012, 02:51:41 AM »
Having fun are we ?

From Doug Elfman's nationally syndicated column, "Game Dork".......

"Overall, RE 6 is neither pure joy or pure misery.  It is a great and terrible cinematic fest, a long romp with 4 different solo campaigns.  But the game play is barely good enough."

Still though, he gave it a 3 out of 4 star rating. 

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
Poor Chrissy.   :laugh:

Said it before and I'll say it again: To me, RE is a dead series now. It lost its flare.

I'm with Red.   :ajajaxh5:

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 14, 2012, 03:49:16 AM »
As I said, I see RE 6 better than RE 5 for sure. Amazing? No.

I'm with Red as well. Although, I don't see it as dead, because people are still buying the games. It is going in that direction though, since people have been leaving the series behind. It's still questionable for whether or not the series will improve.

For me, whether I'm playing these games or not I'll remain a true fan and feel a sense of hope for the series. I'll be like that always due to the many years I've stuck by this series. Once you become attached to a game series it can become difficult to leave it (at least it is for me).