News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Resident Evil Chit-Chat  (Read 26849 times)

Chrissy

Resident Evil Chit-Chat
« on: October 10, 2010, 06:19:07 PM »
Yeah, that second controller thing sucks, no doubt.....I have an extra old one though.

Bully is one of the few games I like that DOESN'T have a place to stick your extra shit, like for example, Resident Evil always has all these trunks around to put in your extra shit in, not just weapons, but everything else.  (RE 4 only had the weapons case though). 

Still, I play the Manhunt games, they don't have a weapons storage.  What I always wished there was to have one, because you are confined to playing only the weapons available in each chapter. 

Be nice in Bully to have storage spots in each of the 'Save' houses too.

You played RE?!?!

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Resident Evil Chit-Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:50:14 PM »
You didn't play RE5? I did. Depending how crazy you are about RE the 5th one was OK. It had some cool extra features. If you want those extra features make sure you get the Gold Edition. The original RE5 doesn't have them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:46:00 PM by King Cobra »

Chrissy

Resident Evil Chit-Chat
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 05:47:16 AM »
I was surprised Chuck played the RE games. It makes me all excited and stuff. I used to be crazy obsessed with the series.

I'm missing like 3 achievements from RE5. VS ones, because everyone you play with online is a retarded dick.

Chrissy

Resident Evil Chit-Chat
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »
Sure I played Resident Evil.  It's my third all-time favorite PS games.  I actually played RE2 first. then RE1 & RE3.  When Code Veronica came out, I always felt it should be 4.

With the actual RE4 came out, I felt it was too radical change from the series.  I longed for the 'Old' Zombies we always had so much fun with, because they were, well...Funny.  The new-style 'Infected' creatures didn't quite cut it for me, and I missed having the 'save trunks' for my stuff.  But, RE4 was a good game, I probably played it through some 30 times.  Still, I missed the old RE way of doing things.

I don't have a PS3 yet....I'm waiting for the price to plummet even farther.  If a Manhunt 3 or Bully 2 would come out next week though, I would "Buy It At A High Price" in a New York Minute.
OH MY GOD. I have to reply to all of this.

Haha, remember the dog hallway in the first one? It scared the crap out of me. Literally. As for playing the second part, first, I know a lot of people who did that. I played RE1 at my babysitter's house. Her son was in high school, and he had just gotten to the part when the hunters were released, so we were watching him play. I asked to play, and he said he was almost done and I could borrow it that night.

Well ... my brother and I were fighting over who was going to play it. I played first, then FREAKED out in the dog hallway. I paused the game, threw the controller and told my brother he could play. He said he wasn't touching it. I told him to shut off the PlayStation. He said he wasn't touching it. Eventually, we shut it off. I gave back the game and didn't play it. For a while, I dreamed of like a black space with doors opening and I couldn't figure out why.

THEN, RE2 came out. Played that one at my babysitter's house. Her son showed me how to get to the police station, then restarted and made me play. XD For whatever reason, I was hooked. He'd let me play it when he went out and I wound up beating Claire's disc. Then he let me borrow RE1 again, beat that one and that was the end of it for me.

I don't know which I love more, RE2 or Code Veronica. I still need Code Veronica and my GameCube collection is complete. But I see it everywhere for like $40+ and we're talking about used copies. :/

Now, I liked RE4 .... but like you said, it was a real stark difference. I miss the zombies. Same for RE5. The newer gamepley really isn't bad or anything, but they changed quite a bit. The Lost in Nightmares DLC they released sort of revisited the old Resident Evil, but it wasn't quite what I expected when Capcom said they were returning to the 'roots' for the DLC. I won't spoil it, but meh.

Resident Evil 5 : Lost in Nightmares Gameplay

Anndddd I'm actually going to split this thread for us.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil Chit-Chat
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
I became addicted to RE. I didn't miss any of the major games. RE1,2,3,4,5, Code Veronica X, Outbreak 1&2, Survivor. I'm pretty confident another RE will be following RE5 in the future. This is one of the most challenging series I've played yet. I really like the extra features that come with most of the RE games as well. I WILL NOT MISS any RE games.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 05:05:17 PM »
Happy memories all....I first saw the Police Station of RE2 when someone else was playing, and the music so capivated me, I just sat there and watched the play for the longest time.  Finally, I said...."Gimmie that Controller', and I was off to the races.

It took me FOREVER to beat the queen boss at the end of Code Veronica....Then that 8 minute cutscene at the end, with the promise of more to come.....If I do break down soon and get a PS3, RE5 will be first on the list to play.

Chrissy

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »
Oh man, I had the mansion in the first one memorized. And I don't care what anyone says. I fuckin' loved Alexia.

I own 1, Director's Cut, 2, 3 on the PlayStation.
Then I have Outbreak files 1 and 2, plus Code Veronica X and RE4 on the PS2.

I have 0, REmake, 2, 3 and 4 on the GameCube. I'm missing Code Veronica X on that one.

Then I have Umbrella Chronicles on the Wii, and part 5 on the PS3 and Xbox.

I've played Survivor (which was pretty awful), Gun Survivor (which is decent), and Dead Aim, which was alright.

Love the series, but not too fond of the routes they've taken starting with 4. I miss the real zombies. :(

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:48:39 PM »
Happy memories all....I first saw the Police Station of RE2 when someone else was playing, and the music so capivated me, I just sat there and watched the play for the longest time. 
I guess I'm not the only one who was in some way attracted to the music of the RE2 police station. There was just something about it. There are certain musics that fit to games perfectly, and that was one of them.

Chrissy

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
Remember the sound when you would select something in the item menu?

That's my text message alert. The 'cancel select' sound is my picture messages. :)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 08:09:59 PM »
Everything Chrissy listed for PS1 & PS2 I have also. 

Yeah, Survivor sucked. I didn't even keep that one.

I always loved that music....There was another Game that had cool music (in certian areas), and that was Martian Gothic - Unification.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 08:31:10 PM »
Survivor really did suck. I liked the 3rd one and 2nd one. You almost consider it the history of RE with what happened in Racoon City. I would love it if RE 2&3 were revised for PS3 graphics.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 08:20:20 AM »
A little irritating was how Nemesis kept saying "STARS" every time you finally put him down in RE3.....But the cutscenes were cool, especially the one in front of the Police Station.

When I got to the Clock-Tower, and the game appeared to be over, I thought, "Shit...Already ?"  But when it wasn't, I was like, "Allright !!"

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 08:02:37 PM »
RE games NEVER tend to be short. Even the sucky ones. They were all long. One of my biggest game dreams is to have the game so long I die playing it. That shows the effort that was put into the making of these games. RE will always be at the top of my list with any factors you can apply to a game when determining quality. They're good all around. Not many more games are like that.

Chrissy

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:26 AM »
This is my happy place.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 02:46:01 AM »
Sit in a room with nothing but my tv, system, and RE running. Dark rooms tend to make you feel the story and horror of this game much deeper. And there can't be RE without puzzles! RE 5 had a few puzzles. Not that hard though. But I still like the origins of Racoon City.

RE is awesome!  RE is awesome!  RE is awesome!  RE is awesome!  RE is awesome!  RE is awesome!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:47:18 PM by King Cobra »