News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Lower settings  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
Lower settings
« on: February 29, 2016, 07:15:24 PM »
is it just me or does bully actually look kinda cool in lowest settings?

Keep in mind, i'm the type of person to get a windows 7 OS computer and change the resolution to a lower one, get a windows XP theme, and play games at the lowest settings just for the old school feel.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Lower settings
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:52:19 PM »

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:58:17 PM »
I can't put it on lowest unless I have the 30 fps limit again. i noticed this on gta loading screens, that when ur fps is like above 100 everything is like REALLY speedy, it's cool and all but its annoying. we can already do that stuff with overriding pedstat 20.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 08:54:40 PM »
Notice that in some interiors the shadows are significantly better than they are outside. I assume this is because Rockstar never really thought about computers being able to handle complex shadows like that outside since this is an older game. I really wish there was a "Very High" or "Ultra" setting for shadows though because they look so good inside and I feel like Rockstar could of easily added it if they wanted to. In fact in the Wii version they look pretty decent.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:54 PM »
RIGHT DUDE? and bro wtf. WII LOOKS JUST LIKE THE PS2 VERSION...

The Xbox 360 version IMO has the best lighting and shades. The contrast is so... beautiful. It's got a really orange shady touch to it. Looks amazing.

And I do wish there was a very high setting. I don't think gaming computers(like today's) were all that common in that time.

But don't forget about this: the EFFECTS(such as birds, airplane etc) are only rendered at like 20 or so FPS. Even in Max Payne 3, one puddle still looked like 30 fps with 60 fps running max settings.

I just got SRIV and that has the same old same old graphics that saints row is known for. but the game itself is pretty cool. calling it a day for now.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 12:48:51 AM »
Wii has good shadows, PS2 shadows suck. Look up gameplay of both of them.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 03:42:44 PM »
i've already played both versions.

wii looked like shit dude.

The lighting looked too gloomy and depressing.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 08:44:47 PM »
I'm talking exclusively about the shadows, not any other lighting or graphical effects.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 09:43:49 PM »
oh yeah. the shadows on the ground are sharp as fuck.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 10:46:10 PM »
Imagine how much better Bully could look now, even if Rockstar just improved some lighting effects, shadow quality, and maybe some better textures. That alone would make the game look amazing, let alone re-doing the models. Hell I'd buy a remake for full price $60. Oh and maybe while they're doing that they could fix the damn speech bug where dialogue keeps repeating.

"I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!".

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 03:10:51 AM »
^yeh. Imagine how great it would be if it was ported to XBOX ONE or PS4. If they worked on making next-gen models to use in bully, ithink that would be brilliant

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
Imagine how much better Bully could look now, even if Rockstar just improved some lighting effects, shadow quality, and maybe some better textures. That alone would make the game look amazing, let alone re-doing the models. Hell I'd buy a remake for full price $60. Oh and maybe while they're doing that they could fix the damn speech bug where dialogue keeps repeating.

"I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!", "I'm just toyin' with ya kid!".
YO!!! I REMEMBER THOSE GLITCHES ON THE PS2 ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

I don't know if its cause my discs were all scratched, or just cause it was shitty porting. But I remember how like in tony hawks underground, bully, and a shit load of games would have like speech and music loops.