News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully Multiplayer Mod  (Read 62689 times)

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Bully Multiplayer Mod
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2013, 03:19:34 PM »
Well, it doesn't just require pawn script. It'll take way more than that.

And besides, SAMP pawn script will differ to Bully's MP server script.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »
K, but u missed my point, I can get u someone that knows SAMP pawn, that can possibly help you with the pawn script and the import from SAMP to Bully

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
Well, you can inform MadmaN of this whenever you catch him online.  ;)

Offline 1stGarySmithFan

• I like bow ties. Bow ties are cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2013, 04:22:30 AM »
So what?... Just because they can do that in SA on the PS2 version it doesn't automatically mean it can happen on Bully.

Well... Yup. SA and Bully has the same thing, I don't know what is that mean in English but it's "Oyun Motoru" in Turkish, and that designs the %80 of the game, maybe including PAWNing.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2013, 06:48:05 AM »
Trust me, dude.
This shit isn't easy. You can bring how many people you want here, it's still going to be a challenge.
Yeah they might have previous experience, but the game is not the same.

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2013, 09:06:42 AM »
@1stGarySmithFan: it's game engine in English  :D. If its the same engine a lot of things can be similar and that is helpful, someone who worked on Gta sa multiplayer mod could help. However a lot is also different, and it doesn't change how hard this mod is. Especially for such a complicated mod, I don't think it will be too similar to Gta, though they could help out on some aspects.

Offline 1stGarySmithFan

• I like bow ties. Bow ties are cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
Yeah I heard that from lots of people. You know, I am not good at modding, I actually suck but I still can help. :) I know this is hard.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2013, 02:55:21 AM »
The main differences between bully and gta is namely the game engine which gta uses the the renderware game engine where bully for pc uses the gamebryo engine which is very very different.

Regardless of the engine we STILL have to create by hand usable net code to allow both a server and client that will allow the game to even work online and thats what the hard part is and simply using pawn to make a server mod will not be anywhere near enough to actually have a playable multiplayer mode.

I will be checking over the MTA sources as they are opensource and see how hard those would be to port to bully and if they will be too hard then I will look over my sa-mp sources and see how hard that will be to port over.

As I have never used MTA I have no idea what all that supports compared to sa-mp but as I have said many times so far I will not be even attempting to build a team for creating this until this fall sometime....and only then since there is still quite a lot of ground to cover in the meantime for other mods.  :biggrin:

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2013, 06:31:24 AM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:43:58 AM by DaBOSS54320 »

Offline Maddjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »
Am not a modder and i don't know anything about scripting and those things but i think you should check on the local Multiplayer mod , it allows 2 players to play the same, am not sure but i think it will be useful if you just change the other local player and make him an online player, also what will help is that other CPU's can access some places but not all of them like cops can't get it inside stores or school but peds can go to school and students too but teachers can only access the main building and the female teachers are only found inside the girls dorm which means there are different types of ped spawning or atleast different types of peds but unfortunately only jimmy can access all places so you will need what makes jimmy access all places unlike other peds and apply it on other peds and see if now u can find femal teachers anywhere and any ped can enter anywhere, that will take us a step forward
sorry if this is useless

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »
^ Yes, it is very easy to make a local multiplayer mod (On same computer/console) but an online mod is not done in the same way and is significantly harder.

Offline Maddjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
yea what am saying is that you could use how 2 people are able to play like the idea it self

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »
yea what am saying is that you could use how 2 people are able to play like the idea it self

Yes we can.
Even tho, it is an extreamly hard task, it needs a full team to do so.
Were working on it tho.

Offline JohnMichaelFFS

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2013, 01:21:48 AM »
Came across this thread while looking for a Bully MP mod - I'm surprised one dosen't exist by now! Then I got to thinking: a Bully multiplayer mod (partially) already exists. Just use MTA:SA.

MTA:SA has all the features needed to import all the content from the game into the SA engine (same file formats, from what I've heard) with multiplayer support, simply using the engine functions available in it's Lua scripting system. I have quite a bit of experience developing gamemodes and resources for MTA:SA, and working on a Bully server would be a project I would gladly help with.

Keep in mind, I haven't thought all of this through just yet, but from what I can gather so far it should be as simple as importing all of the models/textures (animation support in MTA isn't working properly at the moment) into the game and then recreating the gameplay via a series of MTA resources. This is a much easier approach than trying to reverse-engineer the game.

As a proof of concept, here is a video showcasing a resource for MTA that added Vice City to the map.

[insert obligatory MTA > SAMP rant here]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:24:11 AM by JohnMichaelFFS »

Offline nicefunfungirl

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO NO! NOT MTA!!!!