News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: The Cure 2!  (Read 8116 times)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
The Cure 2!
« on: June 06, 2015, 11:16:35 AM »
Download The Cure 2 here! (Version 1.7)

The readme file, since a shocking number of people don't open it:
The Cure 2 - DaBOSS54320

This is a sequel to "The Cure". Play that mission here: http://bit.ly/1QzdwSI
or at least watch a video: https://youtu.be/Qi3UM__cPzI?t=13s

I suggest using a save file with the game completed when playing this mission or you may not be able to enter some interiors.
Use the default pedstats.dat, using a modded one may throw off the difficulty.

To install this mod, copy the "Scripts.img" and "Scripts.dir" to /Bully Root/Scripts and replace.
To play this mod, use the arcade machine in the boy's dorm.

Source included, if you aren't a bully script modder yourself you don't need to worry about it. (The .lua file)

My steam profile: http://bit.ly/1yK593y

VERSION HISTORY
V1: Initial release
V1.1: Patched dialouge, "Default" is now slow, but skippable (so your own pace). "Auto" plays itself. "Off" skips. Patched some minor bugs. Decided it would be a good idea to add "version history" for the future.
V1.2: Small patch, changed names of dialouge options to make more sense. "Off", "Default", "Manual".
V1.3: Minor dialouge patch... again. Now I think it is perfected.
V1.4: Small patch of mispelling "dialogue"... silly me.
V1.5: Ugh... another patch, I suck. Fixed a few bugs.
V1.6: Small bug fixes. Maybe the last one? idk...
V1.7: A bug fix that proves I need to test more before releasing.

Here's some hints/tips that may help...

In the warehouse, enemies will not attack until provoked, this gives you a chance to be strategic how you do your task.
In the warehouse, there is a beam cola machine, it is quite helpful.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:17:25 PM by DaBOSS54320 »

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
Re: The Cure 2!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 01:02:38 PM »
Already played it. Awesome mod 8)

But can you make:
-Change the text color to white (since Bully:SE subtitle is white)
-For us (the player) To control the move/skip of the text dialogue. for eg. if we press x button, then it will move/skipped the text dialogue to another dialogue (so the text won't be automaticlly move/skip, but it will be manually done by the player). So we can enjoy reading the dialogue without rushing the read
(Ps. actually I already asked this question to TDID, but he said he forgot how to do it)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »
Already played it. Awesome mod 8)

But can you make:
-Change the text color to white (since Bully:SE subtitle is white)
-For us (the player) To control the move/skip of the text dialogue. for eg. if we press x button, then it will move/skipped the text dialogue to another dialogue (so the text won't be automaticlly move/skip, but it will be manually done by the player). So we can enjoy reading the dialogue without rushing the read
(Ps. actually I already asked this question to TDID, but he said he forgot how to do it)

I wish I could change the color... but I can't. I haven't found out how to change the text color yet (sounds simple lol, but I haven't been able to)

I patched the dialogue and updated the file. Now there are 3 options:
Off: This skips, but I made it skip more efficiently too.
Auto: What it was before, it will auto play.
Default: Slow, but now skippable.

Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed the mod.

Edit: I updated again, 1.2. Very small patch, just changes names.
"Off", "Default", "Manual". Manual being slow but skippable.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:25:40 AM by DaBOSS54320 »

Offline gersoncete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 06:31:46 PM »

when you gonna release the third part of this ¿?¿?¿?¿? because i like it if i was know how to give you points i will  ;D

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 06:46:47 PM »

when you gonna release the third part of this ¿?¿?¿?¿? because i like it if i was know how to give you points i will  ;D

I'm so glad you enjoyed them. I planned for this to be the end of a 2 part mission series though. If I keep going and calling them sequels to The Cure, it won't make any sense because they'll have nothing to deal with curing anything anymore because the cure was delt with in The Cure 1, and The Cure 2 just explained where Pete went. In fact this entire mission (The Cure 2) was meant to be part of the original Cure mission, but I got a little lazy. I think it was nice I waited though because it gave me time to improve modding skills and I think this mission is better than the last one.

However, I will continue to make missions. I may even make one within the next week or two. They are fun to make and it's inspiring to see that you guys enjoy them enough to request more.

Also, I patched this mod to V1.3. This should be the last patch now, I just needed to perfect the dialogue. Now you can still skip dialogue even on the "Default" setting, but it will still auto play itself. "Manual" setting will stay up until you press the button. I also fixed the skipping to only skip one line of dialogue so you don't accidentally hold it and skip multiple lines.

Shit... just noticed, I mispelled dialogue in the main menu... fuck. Guess we'll make V1.4 for that minor shit... lol. I really should sort this shit out before releasing... oh well it's not like it's a mission breaking bug or anything.

Edit: Updated AGAIN. This should be the last time V1.5. Sorry for the patching spree, maybe I need to test longer... my bad.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:26:34 PM by DaBOSS54320 »

Offline ShadowRageEX

• AKA ShadowCorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 05:07:02 AM »

I'm so glad you enjoyed them. I planned for this to be the end of a 2 part mission series though. If I keep going and calling them sequels to The Cure, it won't make any sense because they'll have nothing to deal with curing anything anymore because the cure was delt with in The Cure 1, and The Cure 2 just explained where Pete went. In fact this entire mission (The Cure 2) was meant to be part of the original Cure mission, but I got a little lazy. I think it was nice I waited though because it gave me time to improve modding skills and I think this mission is better than the last one.

However, I will continue to make missions. I may even make one within the next week or two. They are fun to make and it's inspiring to see that you guys enjoy them enough to request more.

Also, I patched this mod to V1.3. This should be the last patch now, I just needed to perfect the dialogue. Now you can still skip dialogue even on the "Default" setting, but it will still auto play itself. "Manual" setting will stay up until you press the button. I also fixed the skipping to only skip one line of dialogue so you don't accidentally hold it and skip multiple lines.

Shit... just noticed, I mispelled dialogue in the main menu... fuck. Guess we'll make V1.4 for that minor shit... lol. I really should sort this shit out before releasing... oh well it's not like it's a mission breaking bug or anything.

Edit: Updated AGAIN. This should be the last time V1.5. Sorry for the patching spree, maybe I need to test longer... my bad.
DaBOSS I played Cure 1, Cure 2 and Go To Church! I enjoyed them to much while playing.. Your'E GREAT MODDER pls make more custom mission's similiar to Cure 2!

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 10:14:58 AM »
DaBOSS I played Cure 1, Cure 2 and Go To Church! I enjoyed them to much while playing.. Your'E GREAT MODDER pls make more custom mission's similiar to Cure 2!

I'm glad you enjoy my missions, and I'll surely make more!

Also I updated The Cure 2 to 1.6 now. No new content but just... some bug fixes.
EDIT: 1.7 now. I really suck at testing huh? I'll do better next time...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:36:23 AM by DaBOSS54320 »

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »
HA HA !!!
Good work dude.
Very cool , are you already thinking about a V3?  :biggrin:
He said he probably will not make it  :(
I would like to see a V3 though.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 11:37:13 PM »
Okay I've come to a conclusion then. I think my future missions will take place after The Cure 2, but be named something else. I don't think it's a good idea to drag on the curing ebola idea (The name "The Cure") when the missions won't even relate to that anymore, but I can continue the story that I started.

I won't say any official release dates because I don't want to have to rush it, and also it's obvious I should spend more time testing lol (7 patches have been made already for this mod after release), but it probably won't be too long because fun fact: The Cure 2 only took 3 days. (Was working all day though)

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 08:49:10 AM »
Boss, a little suggestion here,
Maybe you should add other variation in your next mission mod,
Since in your Cure 1 & 2, it's more of beating one dude to another dudes
I played TDID's Bullies Nightmare mission and it got other things like finding key and stuff
It sure will make the game is more interesting
and I do know that it's harder to create though
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:50:44 AM by Rambo7 »

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 10:25:15 AM »
I already have a new interesting idea, but no spoilers!

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 03:52:59 PM »
Good job, m8.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 08:13:07 PM »

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 05:12:20 AM »
wtf tis mod shit coz u cant exit mission if u gtg.

repoted.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 05:50:43 AM »
wtf tis mod shit coz u cant exit mission if u gtg.

repoted.
k.