News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Multiple Bodyguards  (Read 12907 times)

Offline Phap

• View Profile
Multiple Bodyguards
« on: November 04, 2012, 06:32:40 PM »
Can someone tell how to get 2 or more bodyguards in free roam? Like Ricky and Lucky.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Bodyguards
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »
Please do not beg around here. It's frowned upon (by that I mean going around every single thread spamming about the bodyguard mod, as badly as you want it).

Mad's been held up with numerous other projects as well, and also the bodyguard mod we initially had has been scrapped, since we're taking another direction with it instead (basically, to allow users to choose their bodyguards in-game).

As for getting two bodyguards, there is a Halloween tutorial which I never bothered reading. But to get more, that can only be done through lua. The lua scripts won't be released until Mad sorts out his issues by the end of this year...until then, I'm afraid we can't do anything.

This is the old version we had, where I had to manually set the bodyguards through lua scripting:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:44:45 PM by Doctor Red »

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:24:44 PM »
Lol leechers again, if you want it badly just figure out a way to run the Halloween mission through the game then you can have two bodyguards at once. You can change their characters to anyone you want, the only problem is with the voices but you can run the Halloween mission.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
Lol leechers again, if you want it badly just figure out a way to run the Halloween mission through the game then you can have two bodyguards at once. You can change their characters to anyone you want, the only problem is with the voices but you can run the Halloween mission.

Their voices works.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »
Lua lua lua lua lua lua...
Seems like everything will be done through lua in the future..

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
Other ways to inject mods is thru CMD.
Most likely I rather use Lua cause CMD screw up = PC is fucked.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:06:34 PM »
Well... I guess that I'll just have to go onto making some sort of scripthook or something.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 05:38:14 PM »
Lua lua lua lua lua lua...
Seems like everything will be done through lua in the future..

lua can do so much in this game...you have no idea.

BUT...Trigger plays an important role too. There's also a LOT more to the .ide (encrypted as .idb) files than you think...but until that encryption is cracked, we can only do so much...same with the .ipl files (.ipb encryption)

Finally, there's the damn .cat archives for the animations...

Offline Phap

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »
Ok another thing is can you help me to spawn Greasers in Blue Ball because I did what Mad told me to do about spawning Preppies inside Harrington House main room. I did what he say and it wont want to spawn in there. I do the stuff and then I have to delete the field override thing so it wouldnt say this file is too big to replace population.dat. Can you please help me.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
As I'm not much of a trigger modder (yet), I can't help you there, since I do all my spawns through lua...but since I need trigger to spawn groups of people as well as pan the camera and add patrol paths, I may be able to help the community soon on that.

Until then, Mad will have to help you with this.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 02:00:14 AM »
I will try to get around to this but I have been quite busy trying to knock out quite a few mods as well as finally finish my much awaited modding magazine issue 1 and release the custom lua compiler and some of the complete stock lua scripts for people to play around with.

It is hard being a team of only Red and myself and while Red knows quite a lot already about how lua works and coding custom mods for bully using lua....there is still a lot I am working to teach him at his own pace since he has other important things to deal with namely classes and such and that limits the freetime he gets to concentrate on modding.

While I do seem to be quite silent....don't worry....I am still working to get things out for everyone but this just takes some time and even I can only do so much in a set time period.....heh.

Offline Phap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
Can you guys help me skin change. Change skin to Johnny's without being laughed at by people.

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 12:48:50 AM »
Can you guys help me skin change. Change skin to Johnny's without being laughed at by people.
i use the sp_mascot outfits instead of the ninja outfit try to set the characters to different outfits

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 12:52:39 AM »

Just use a clothing combo that doesn't prompt laughing from other peds.

Offline Phap

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
sp_mascot.nif and sp_mascot.nft? or sp_mascot_FT.nif