News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Adding Flashlight to Jimmy and add as an armory [Weapon Selector]  (Read 12643 times)

vallejo18

Re: Adding Flashlight to Jimmy and add as an armory [Weapon Selector]
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »
@SWEGTA Yes, i actually put in in the "others" folder but im still waiting for it to accept. so i will just post the link right here http://www.putlocker.com/file/0EAF6BE32E436B43

Note: the readme explains how to get it to look exactly like mines lol. I had an uninstaller but i forgot to include it.......so you have to delete it the normal way press "SHIFT+F12" to enabe.

@Emi Barba Thanks, its not in it's final as im still trying to figure out how to add DOF so it would be complete, im also trying to adapt "the Warriors" darkness hide feature. Which is why im trying to figure out how to add the flashlight as a null object, either have it or buy it.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
The file is broken D:
I can't extract everything..

vallejo18

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »
The file is broken D:
I can't extract everything..

I am reuploading, but what extracting program you used? I packed it under 7zip.

http://www.putlocker.com/file/AA3A563C746B455D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:01:29 AM by vallejo18 »

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »
wow good work how did you get it as a armoury weapon equip?, good work indeed

vallejo18

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »
wow good work how did you get it as a armoury weapon equip?, good work indeed

It's just an image, i planned to add it to the weapon equip but im still looking for the weapon to actually be equipped.....i can do the animations to use it as a weapon but i need to find the object......only problem is that i do not know how to extract it or find it.

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 11:38:47 PM »
Whe have a problem here
How to spawn the Flashlight??

Weapon name is = W_Flashlight
But i can find a way to spawn them in jimmy

PS| Probably changing one item those there are on the floor just a idea

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »

@|XF|-MadmaN[AR] What is exactly you need in order to get a server up, not including features but to at least get it to go online, im more than interested to help, i was trying to do it since the PS2. All I need is a tutorial of what is to learn, Im a very fast learner and I adapt using logical. Btw im in college major is Computer Science, so this will be like a experience for me.

Sorry I didn't get back to you about that......been very busy as of late.

Basicly....here is the scoop:

I happen to have the entire full source code to the gta sa-mp server and client mod.....and plan to port it over to be used for bully with some rewriting as needed to make it unique to bully. I need to build a team that is willing to port it over or help with it since while yes I can code in visual c++...my c++ days are long behind me since I concentrate primarily on lua now....its my preferred language and I have actually lost some of my c++ knowledge which Red has found out due to memory loss I sustained in a bad car accident back in 2007.

Before I can build a team to do this....we have to crack a couple things or this cannot be done.

First thing is cracking the encryption/encoding used for the .idb files located inside ide.img which if you look around and find the .ide files laying around in the folders where bully is installed.....you will notice that those are the source files which are used...however modding the .ide files will do nothing......modding the .idb files however will do things but they end up very bugged up.

The second thing is cracking some files in the world.img which are .ipb extension which is actually encrypted/encoded versions of the game map .ipl files which are also needed to be used with the multiplayer addon. This will allow custom maps to be used on servers as well as accurate world/item/prop spawns that do not cause bugs such as lag...etc

the third thing is I have to find a way to completely decompress the bully.exe file so I can get a peek at its internal structure and locate some bits for the network code to hook into to even allow multi-player in the first place since we both know that bully does have a two player mode.....which is available only on the console verisons of bully and only during missions...not free roam.

without those things....it simply cannot be done.

I would LOVE to be able to decompile the bully.exe back to some form of usable sourcecode since the game is written in visual c++ 2008 and it would allow modding of some hidden internal stuff that even lua scripts cannot override...such as types of ammo weapons fire out...amount of projectiles shot....whether its a shotgun liek spread or just a direct path used......water levels.....other things dealing with the weather that cannot be changed any other way.....and other things.

I am very interested to hear your view on this and get your input on this....since this will take a concentrated team effort to pull off. One person cannot do it...even I can't for all the "impossible" tasks I take on.