News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Modding Contest  (Read 3674 times)

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
Modding Contest
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »
guys i have an idea, let me know what u think.
i think we should have a bully modding competition. where everyone has a certain amount of time to make an original mod, and enter it into a competition. i think the best modders like madman imod and others could be judges.  what do u think?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:04:28 PM »
No way dude. Right now, we're too small in number to do a contest. The last thing we'd want to do is create competition on one another.

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »
it would just be for fun, it doesnt have to be asuper competitive competition.

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »
plus it would get people to be creative and make new ideas

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »
No way dude. Right now, we're too small in number to do a contest. The last thing we'd want to do is create competition on one another.

Aye, I agree since we should wait for a while longer till we have a few more modders who at least become regulars....since atm we really do not want to touch off any competition since that can create a lot of personal issues between modders and do more harm then good.

How about we just do a different contest prehapes?

Say one where those that say....who know how to skin just see who can make the coolest/wackiest skins since that would be far more doable then trying to have a full out modding contest due to lack of enough modders. Reason why I suggest skins is because anyone can compete and either post screenshots of their skin design...or just post a finished skin template to be put ingame by a judge who then can post a screenshot or two for those that are technically challenged.....that could be a bit more doable since we do have a few ppl here that know how to do skinning...myself included but to make it friendly...I would say do it to a specific theme....like say summer based skins...winter based ones.....or clique based ones liek say for a new clique or somthing along those lines.

That could be a lot more friendly to those involved without modders getting jealous of another modder's modding ability since atm we are so far spread out on what areas of modding we specialize in and it would be unfair to compare mods that are very different ...like say if Red wanted to do some unique fighting style mods and say compare that to the megastores mod steman and I did....or compare that to the zombie mod that is in the works.....there would be no competition since each mod is in its own unique class.

Where skins...those are all in teh same class and more easily doable by anyone...even non modders by taking say some predefined original skins and seeing who can change those around to somthing better to be used ingame.

That is just my 2 cents if it matters.  8)

Offline -мα∂нαттяι¢к-

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:35:01 PM »
i definately agree mad

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
and for say a prize....a certain amount of karma or somthing like that....this way its kept to a friendly format while spurring on some more modding activity in a positive way.

What do you think Red?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
I'm all for creating new skins, but I may need some pointers from you on a few things. I'll pm you later about it.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
I will do what I can to help you since I know how to skin quite well.

Skinning for bully tho does require certain steps to be followed but other then that....I think it can be a fun way for all of us to just simply have some fun and take a break from exhaustive modding.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »
I agree, we are to small on real modders. Or people trying to even make there own mods. For example, most of the new members joining here, join for mods. Some actually TRY to make mods and not beg, but some are compete assholes, for example "Guyrocksurworld101, Chinese kid on youtube called Alex" and lots more. I honestly think there are more beggars, then real modders. Same goes for the GTA modding community as well.

Quite sad really.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 03:14:03 AM »
It is a true thing...but on the other hand...we are growing..even if its a bit slow atm.

Once I get the mega mod released I have a feeling it will spur more modding once ppl see what they can truely accomplish with the game since I know how to mod almost every aspect of the game...plus there is my as of yet unreleased map editor too that lets you edit the world map to a certain extent which still needs perfecting...but at the same time does work to a point.

But that said....simply holding a skin contest is a way to get even non modders to have fun since all they need is just a gfx app of their choice...paint..gimp...photoshop...etc whatever they want...and one or more predefined skins from the game to edit...and then they can post their creations here...without even modding the game directly.

We can just have a couple senior modders here to judge the skins by loading them into the gaame...make a screenshot or two of that skin....post it back here with comments and a score.

Means a little work for the judge(s) but at the same time its just for fun to take a break from things.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 03:36:00 AM »
I guess so. I will most likely not join if this is going to be a comp, since I suck a skin modding :/ And have not even done it yet. I tried, but Lefty never appeared with a black jacket D;

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
I can show you how to skin properly. Just get with me when you have time and I will help you out with it.

It really is not that hard to do...just takes a little practice to get used to is all.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »
I think I saved it incorrectly.