News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Student Faction Change  (Read 10966 times)

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
  • A Place for Hope and No Pain
    • View Profile
Student Faction Change
« on: December 02, 2014, 01:54:40 PM »
KAGE's REQUEST

Hi.. so as the title suggests, I want to make Ivan's strafe to be like jock (this mod is included in Badass NFC a while ago but I wanted to make some improvements on it). Ivan's fighting style here is Jock but I wanted to make his strafe become like Jock too... By the way Here's the complete list of the students that I wanted to change the faction to :

Constantinos: Greaser
Ivan              : Jock
Gordon        : Dropout
Ray              : Greaser
Pedro           : Preppies
Sheldon       : Jock
Lance          : Preppies
Trevor         : Greaser

I've changed their faction by renaming "STUDENT" to their specific faction fighting style but it crashed...
Can anyone help me ?? 

Offline madnesscombatfan212

• View Profile
Re: Student Faction Change
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:48:43 PM »
KAGE's REQUEST

Hi.. so as the title suggests, I want to make Ivan's strafe to be like jock (this mod is included in Badass NFC a while ago but I wanted to make some improvements on it). Ivan's fighting style here is Jock but I wanted to make his strafe become like Jock too... By the way Here's the complete list of the students that I wanted to change the faction to :

I've changed their faction by renaming "STUDENT" to their specific faction fighting style but it crashed...
Can anyone help me ?? 

You need to make sure that any remaining letters are replaced with a "." at the value of 00, that might work.

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 03:29:07 AM »
KAGE's REQUEST

Can anyone help me ?? 

Use LUA to make something like this. Will be way easier and more customisable and won't crash. Hex editing was so 2010, you scrub XD

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:19:32 AM »
KAGE's REQUEST

Can anyone help me ?? 

Use LUA to make something like this. Will be way easier and more customisable and won't crash. Hex editing was so 2010, you scrub XD
Can you teach me how to do LUA ??

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »
When you typed "bully scholarship edition lua tutorial" in the Google search box. You will have many results of diffrent lua tutorials. 

Here is an demonstration on how to open Bully lua tutorials:

I recomend Swegta's tutorial since i learned lua from him. 

Is that enough for ya?

Offline madnesscombatfan212

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 01:53:10 PM »
When you typed "bully scholarship edition lua tutorial" in the Google search box. You will have many results of diffrent lua tutorials. 

Here is an demonstration on how to open Bully lua tutorials:

I recomend Swegta's tutorial since i learned lua from him. 

Is that enough for ya?
That's so advanced, how did you learn all of this?

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 02:24:49 PM »
Years of trial and error.

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »
guys I was just asking for help about changing non-clique students to be part of a faction, because about a year ago someone uploaded an "ide.img only" file which Ray has the Jock strafe and stance (He use jock's style by the way), can anyone help me?

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 10:40:26 PM »
You have to rename the default faction name with the one you want. For example if you want ivan to become a jock then replace "STUDENT" with "JOCK...". Keep in mind that the dots you have to write aren't the ones in the keyboard as they must be 00 instead of 2E in hex values (maybe you can actually use 2E but I'm not sure so use 00 anyway).

Create a lua file, compile it and import it just to change 1 faction? Unless you are doing something big IMO it's not worth the time. By the way every OG in the board started with ide editing.  :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:46:01 PM by The Dream Is Dead »

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 07:15:41 AM »
You have to rename the default faction name with the one you want. For example if you want ivan to become a jock then replace "STUDENT" with "JOCK...". Keep in mind that the dots you have to write aren't the ones in the keyboard as they must be 00 instead of 2E in hex values (maybe you can actually use 2E but I'm not sure so use 00 anyway).

Create a lua file, compile it and import it just to change 1 faction? Unless you are doing something big IMO it's not worth the time. By the way every OG in the board started with ide editing.  :P

thanks!, but by the way how to make Ivan spawn in the boys dorm instead of Football Field??

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »

thanks!, but by the way how to make Ivan spawn in the boys dorm instead of Football Field??
PedPop.dat maybe. I usually edit the \DAT\Trigger.img\Population.dat since it is more accurate.