News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully's Ingame Story  (Read 3479 times)

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
Bully's Ingame Story
« on: February 18, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »
Bully's story the one thing we actually get to play ingame. Now after all the missions here are somethings that just didn't make complete sense or was a rushed idea.

Chapter 1 - Bullies
In the beginning it made some type of since as Jimmy just arrived and since Jimmy is the new kid the bullies harass him. Now here is when things get weird. Gary decides to betray Jimmy because he becomes more psychotic.

The main argument is, the bullies are already after Jimmy so what would be the point of Gary making Russell fight him.

The next point is Pete didn't try to convince Gary of anything or trying to stop the figt. So many things get confusing after chapter 1.

Chapter 2 - Preppies

Okay to my understading the preppies don't have a rivalry with Jimmy. Gord introduces himself but the two have a bad start. So after Gary suddenly just tells Tad Jimmy did XYZ Tad gets angry and the preppies fight Jimmy. What's confusing is why would Tad even believe him? Why didn't Rockstar have Gord and Jimmy start a rivalry after their meeting each other I haven't a clue.

Chapter 3 - Greasers
Johnny only had rivalry with the preppies because of their social statuses. Johnny fighitng Jimmy is somewhat rushed and not even thought of correctly which is pretty much horrible writing.

Chapter 4 - Nerds/Jocks
Okay Jimmy fighting the nerds is pretty stupid in itself. Rockstar had to know this. The whole beginning of chapter 4 can be said to be a filler because Jimmy already had a good social standing with them.

Jocks - The jocks story was somewhat uniqe but could of been developed more. Ted could've had a better role in the story then just showing up at the last mission. I guess Rockstar just said a couple of kids fighting throwing highly explosive footballs is fine.

Chapter - Dropouts
Edgar had no real reason of fighting Jimmy in the beginning. I don't even want to hear oh Gary did blah blah. Besides Gary which didn't even have to be in the story in the first place. Why didn't Edgar just help Jimmy in the first place?

Final Chapter
Jimmy vs All Clique Leaders
Jimmy vs Earnest - Not well thought of pretty uselss fight. Why would Earnest even think of listening to Gary again?
Jimmy vs Derby - Necessary but not thought of correctly. Derby could've just went about his own terms of rulling the school if he wanted to he had the money. I still think Derby could've been a uniqe villian at the ending of the game.
Jimmy vs Johnny - Useless, no need to explain.
Jimmy vs Ted -Could've been thought of better.
Jimmy vs Gary - The ending fight was a contradictory to the actual story. Why would Gary do all this madness if he already had the school? Why didn't the cops just bust threw the gates and stop the fighting their could've been serious injury. Their was 80% of the story missing that was said during the final confrintation.

I always thought of bringing this up. Bully is a good game but the story isn't well thought of. A five year old could've done better.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:06:36 PM by AlphaTech »

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
Re: Bully's Ingame Story
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 07:25:52 PM »
I don't know. The story definetly feels a bit rushed and chapter 1 is far more realistic.  But if they had changed the fights the game would be completely different. That might sound good but that would mean that the game would probably get boring as most of the game is based around fighting and the only fights that provide any challenge are the boss fights which is why they happen so often

Offline Hoppyj0608

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »
I agree. But look at the good things too. Jimmy went through a lot of crap and its kinda cool how hes a "bad kid", but he actually cares. I would've liked to know more about his backstory though.

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »
Here's my thoughts.

Chapter 1 - Pete didn't interfere in the fight setup as he might not have known it was going to be Jimmy - and the game very much indicates that fights are relatively common there.

Chapter 2 - Gary was pandering to the egos of preppies - and since Jimmy was essentially the "poor kid from out of town" it made it easier for Gary to make up random rumours.

Chapter 3 - The Greasers asked Jimmy to help Johnny after he'd already helped out other people.  Jimmy refused rather rudely, setting things up for a confrontation.  Naturally it wasn't helped by Jimmy trying his luck with Lola (along with half of Bullworth Academy)

Chapter 4 - In regards to the Jocks, they were clearly antagonistic to Jimmy & Pete at the start of the chapter.  As for the Nerds, Jimmy had wanted them to help him, but they were rather rude in their refusal to help (much like Jimmy's rude refusal to help Johnny caused aggro in the previous chapter).

Townies - Well, they very much hate everyone in Bullworth Academy - and were responsible for starting the fire in the Gym.

Final Chapter - Gary had kept quiet, staying "behind the scenes" and stirring up the resentment the various clique leaders would've had for Jimmy as each and every one of them had lost in a fight with Jimmy.  Once the leaders were against Jimmy, the rest of the cliques followed.

Offline Bully_Lover13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 06:29:20 AM »
It really makes no sense the fact that Jimmy could defeat Ted, Johnny and Darby with his size.

That's a really big problem with this game.

Other problems are stated by above members.

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 01:09:57 PM »
Just look on youtube for boxing matches - you'll find plenty of cases where smaller boxers have taken down much larger people.

Offline james004

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 03:07:44 PM »
Bully's story was not good, there are many things that can't be explained in Bully.

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 03:25:17 PM »
Bully's story was OK. It did have a lot of loopholes and a rushed ending, but still, i like it

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 07:27:23 PM »
The ending was okay.
The game would have been sick if you could see Gary in endless summer.