News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Ages of the characters  (Read 14801 times)

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Ages of the characters
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:54 PM »
A few things here...
1] Since the setting of the game is in New England, I'm going by the grade system in the U.S.
2] This is not a complete list. I know that there might be other hints to characters' ages, but these are the ones that I have dug up.

NOW THAT THAT'S OUTTA THE WAY...

Let’s start with the confirmed ages:
Jimmy is 15, Abby is 70 (conversion dialogue), Mr. Galloway is 34 (cutscene dialogue), and unused audio from Mr. Hattrick tells us that he is 48.

Now let’s dig a little deeper…

- Mr. Sullivan exclaims that he just wants to “take forty-two years of frustration out on that bastard!” Now, that doesn’t mean he is 42; he could be older than that.

- Mr. Wiggins claims that he’s been smoking for 50 years. Unless he started really young, this statement would make him 60+ years old.

- All the prefects are seniors (17/18 years old). Now, maybe some have failed a grade making them older, maybe not.

- Lefty, Lucky and Vance might be 17 or 18 years old, as they are seen working on cars in shop class, which is senior work only. Of course, they could just be in an advanced class and therefore younger than that age.

- Pinky claims her father will give her an Italian convertible when she turns 16. This obviously tells us she’s younger than that.

- Bif is unsure if his trust fund takes effect at age 18 or 21. I'm pretty sure the answer is 18 and if he doesn’t know that/gotten the money yet, this statement makes him younger than that.

- Chad states he’ll be 18 in a couple years, making him 15 or 16, depending on when his birthday is.

- Derby could be 18, as he wonders why his father won’t let him cash in his trust fund. “Could be” is the keyword here; he might be younger and thus denied of accessing the money at the moment.

- Stating the obvious: Dan is Thad’s older brother, but by an unknown amount of years.

- Kirby brags about being the youngest student at Bullworth to receive a varsity letter. I don’t know what the youngest age would be to get one (or if age even matters), but his voice tips me off that puberty is hitting him during the game. Maybe he’s 14 or so?

- Trent was held back a year (maybe more?) so he could be older than other students in his class. Not that we’re sure if he’s a freshman/sophomore/what have you.

^ As a side note, does that even matter? I mean, Beatrice, Bryce, and Sheldon are seen walking into Jimmy’s classes. I don’t understand the latter, considering he’s a little kid.

^ And on the topic of little kids…
Bif: “I wonder how many seven year olds I could beat up?”
Hal: “I could use some cash. I need to hit up an ATM. And by that, I mean an eighth grader.”
Eighth graders are usually 13 - 14 years old, and these little kids don’t look like they’re even close to hitting puberty. While Bif might not be referring to the little kids at the school, there is a possibility that they might be around 7.

///

Thoughts? Opinions? Go nuts.

Mike_W

Re: Ages of the characters
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:53:03 PM »
Well, I don't think Pedro, Sheldon, etc. are 7....you're right, they don't look 14, but maybe 12-ish?

I never knew about Abby being 70, I had never heard any conversations about it, but she seems older than that to me.

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:05:53 PM »
Who the hell knows.

As for Abby...
"Even though I'm seventy, my doctor tells me I have the varicose veins of a sixty-eight year old."

And Hattrick...
"I'm not old! I'm four times twelve years old!"

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:40 AM »
That quote from Mr. Hattrick cracked me up when I first heard it.  :laugh:

I think the little kids are 9-10.

Kirby's likely 15. Doubt he's younger than Jimmy.

Johnny's more than likely 17-18. In fact, most of the greasers seem older than the average age. I doubt Vance is a senior, because he only walks around in shop class, unlike Lefty and Lucky who are actually busy with the cars.

Ted's also likely around 17-18.

I think Zoe is the oldest of all the girls. I always thought she was 17, due to her maturity compared to other students.

Ms. Phillips and Betty are most probably in their late 20's.

Those are what I could think of at the moment.

Offline Hejira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:43 AM »
Interesting post.  I think many of them SEEM older than what they are supposed to be.  But maybe that is just my perspective.  Now that I'm close to 30, 15 seems very young to me.  The prefects, for sure, seem to be much more mature physically than your average 17 year old. 

The whole structure of the school is odd, to me.  What do these 5 little kids do all day?  Does the average Bullworth student enroll when they are 14/15, and those 5 are just... unlucky?  Why are there so few females?  Why do the 9 females have such a large and plush dorm, whereas the boys have a rat-infested dump?  Why do only jimmy, Nerds, Bullys, and non-clique members hang out at the dorm?  If it weren't for fire alarms, one would assume the other cliques don't even sleep there.  Hell, why WOULD the preppies sleep there.  I'd sleep at Harrington House.

On another note, isn't it strange that two cliques have whole entire towns has territory (Greasers- New Coventry, Preps- the Vale), whereas you NEVER see the Jocks around anywhere else. Nerds you can sometime see around the Comic shop, but still... 

Mike_W

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 10:59:47 AM »
When you think about it, why would the Jocks need thir own part of town? All they do is play sports, so they wouldn't be interested in hanging out in town much anyways.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
You can find jocks at the carnival. But all they do is play sports, and they pretty much have the entire school gym and field area to themselves, so...

Offline Hejira

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »
It's just interesting to me how much more exposure, for lack of a better word, the greasers and the preppies get in the game. 

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 01:06:16 PM »
I hear ya.

Edit: Exposure, airtime...it's all the same. :P

Offline JP9

• Euphonium Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 12:55:10 PM »
Interesting post.  I think many of them SEEM older than what they are supposed to be.  But maybe that is just my perspective.  Now that I'm close to 30, 15 seems very young to me.  The prefects, for sure, seem to be much more mature physically than your average 17 year old. 

The whole structure of the school is odd, to me.  What do these 5 little kids do all day?  Does the average Bullworth student enroll when they are 14/15, and those 5 are just... unlucky?  Why are there so few females?  Why do the 9 females have such a large and plush dorm, whereas the boys have a rat-infested dump?  Why do only jimmy, Nerds, Bullys, and non-clique members hang out at the dorm?  If it weren't for fire alarms, one would assume the other cliques don't even sleep there.  Hell, why WOULD the preppies sleep there.  I'd sleep at Harrington House.

On another note, isn't it strange that two cliques have whole entire towns has territory (Greasers- New Coventry, Preps- the Vale), whereas you NEVER see the Jocks around anywhere else. Nerds you can sometime see around the Comic shop, but still...

Bully is just a weird game when it comes to stuff like that. Ratios of males to females is extremly disporportionish-er-it just as the Jocks don't really go to the city. And why are there only 5 9-12 years olds? We really can't know for sure.

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »
Oh hey, look who never replied to her own topic.

Re: Preps and Harrington House. It's. Very odd that the preps are found in the boys' dorm. I mean really. It's nasty. I always thought that Harrington House was private dorming for the preps. So I'm just going to ignore the fact that they share a dorm with paupers and say they do live in Harrington House. Do not argue with my fanon.
I do wish that we could explore there more...

I kinda gotta agree that "what's the point of the jocks having their own area to themselves?" They're into sports and nothing else, so they can just stay at the gym/football field. The nerds are better off safe at the school with the perfects and staff on guard. Don't forget that the townies have Blue Skies and can be seen around Bullworth Town, usually the alleys, and New Coventry.

Bullworth Academy should have been a male only school. I guess R★ just wanted to throw the females into the game because... well... to play it safe...? I mean, there's a lot of controversy regarding the bisexual males. In a high school setting, it wouldn't be "normal" to kiss only boys. Sure, the boys could have been straight, but what's high school without kissing and dating? I'd demand to know where all the females are if I were a straight dude playing the game and could only kiss other males. I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore. Maybe it would have been a better idea to have Bullworth Academy be a male only school, but have the female students be found around town, possibly attending an off-screen school.

As for the little kids... no clue. Same with the very little amount of African Americans. Dunno what's up with that. There's one per clique and two for the jocks. A stereotype, maybe?

Back to the topic on hand, I always assumed that the clique leaders were older than their followers. The older the wiser? I've also always viewed the dropouts to being slightly older than the average student attending the school. I can easily picture Edgar being 20 to 22 and Gurney around 19 or 20.

I normally don't like guessing on these type of things, especially with this game. As Hejira said, "I think many of them SEEM older than what they are supposed to be."

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 02:32:56 PM »
I really doubt any frat kids are past their teens. Personally, I've always thought Gurney is the oldest of all the teens, and with all clique leaders, barring Earnest, being around 17-18.

But yes...Bully is very inconsistent in terms of age and size.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
I think the point was to be representive.  Blacks and a few forigen students had to be thrown in (except Angie doesn't really look Asian, does she ?), and the little kids are there to be bullied.

It IS odd to have this big, imposing school and only 61 students in the place.  Gotta wonder what the tutiton is.

Offline Hejira

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »
Angie looks somewhat asian to me. 

I think it might make more SENSE if it were an all boys school, but would make it a worse game. 

Would you send your daughter to that school?  Hell, would you send your son there?  Though I think the school is supposed to have a good reputation, amongst those outside the doors. 

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »
Yeah, I'd sent the little shits there.  Make a man outta them.