News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully Scholarship MEGASTORES MOD v1 {BETA}  (Read 31398 times)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
Re: Bully Scholarship MEGASTORES MOD v1 {BETA}
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »
well i don't think we will know for certain untill its been cracked fully but hopefully if imod approves of me joining the team we should be able to rustle it up faster than before

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 04:25:15 PM »
Good job anyway though!  :cheernutz:

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 03:56:44 AM »
Not much to report as of this post but I am working on a way to possibly code my own debug styled menu with selected items from the games debug menu....no idea if this will actually work but it stands a good chance....since just like I told steman.....I do not believe in impossible. Improbable yes....impossible...no.

Anything is possible....if one is willing to work hard enough to make it a reality. I am doing just that. Working my behind off to get things accomplished for the community.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 07:58:10 AM »
Hmmm :hmm:, where i can say mad that i do admire ones persistence on this matter, i must also say that what your asking here is nothing short of being completely ludicrous, I understand when theirs a will theirs a way and all that, its whats made this modding board what it is today, but what your asking is for this to be done without a decompiler!?, custom scripting with no experience, with little knowledge on how scripts work, when we cant even enable scripted fighting styles or anything, If this is the case I would reccommend starting off very small on this like doing minor custom scripts like changing the weather etc to at least see if this theory's even possible first
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:00:46 AM by Steman »

Offline NTW64

• Just another modder
  • ▓σc_ò ...What?▓
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »
Hey umm Im new to the forums but is it possible that you can spawn the BB gun, I heard its obtainable in a carnival minigame    :mellow:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:19:36 PM by Hods Mods »

Offline NTW64

• Just another modder
  • ▓σc_ò ...What?▓
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 07:36:25 PM »
Oh sorry, I just saw its one of those first person looking weapons, sorry  :(

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »
Oh sorry, I just saw its one of those first person looking weapons, sorry  :(
when you spawn it, the player just stands there, I'm working on fixing this.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:32 AM »
yes your right carlos, it seems its designed just for the player to stand still while using it, perhaps changing one of the anim groups or maybe something in act may make this work? have you tried either?

Offline NTW64

• Just another modder
  • ▓σc_ò ...What?▓
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 04:02:53 PM »
Would it be possible to make the BB gun use like the spudg anims?  :hmm: Mabey not...

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 01:20:29 AM »
yes your right carlos, it seems its designed just for the player to stand still while using it, perhaps changing one of the anim groups or maybe something in act may make this work? have you tried either?

I actually haven't but I did change the position of the weapon in nifskope, it fixed the problem for a few second until the game crashed. I'll see what I can do in act and even ide, it's probably the animation group, it must be different from SpudG, Brocket, Super SpudG

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 01:21:59 AM »
Would it be possible to make the BB gun use like the spudg anims?  :hmm: Mabey not...

There must be a way, anything is virtually possible in video game programming.

Offline NTW64

• Just another modder
  • ▓σc_ò ...What?▓
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 09:55:29 AM »
I hope there is a way...  :ajajaxh5:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:05:39 AM by Hods Mods »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »
On the bbgun....it is not so much the animations as it is the scripting. The bbgun is hardcoded to only work in the shooting gallery and that is it. There however may be a way to get it working outside the gallery as a functional weapon since bully does have quite a bit of scripting that suggests it could be done but it is somthing that will take a bit of a team effort in finding I would think.

I would suggest looking through the lua scripts inside of scripts.img and poke around in act.img and bully.exe as well since those three areas hold the main code for getting anything in the game to work. I myself found overrides for door and vehicle locking located inside the bully executable that have been proven to be able to be overridden or nulled out but with minor bugs.

it also may be possible to just simply replace the slingshot with the bbgun model wise since the slingshot and bbgun technically use the same ammo type in the game with much the same effect and that may be doable as well. I may try that tomorrow and see if it actually works since I have not really tried a lot of weapon modding due to concentrating on other areas of the game which everyone knows ;)

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »
Do u need to decompile the .exe to edit it? Or can u work with it undecompiled??

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 03:14:58 AM »
The exe needs to be edited via hex since even tho I can decompile it fully to assembly bytecode, I cannot re-compile it back to .exe format due to the nature of how decompilers work. Decompilers never give you the complete full original sourcecode and the only way to have somthing able to be compiled again after decompiling it is to basicly decompile it by hand and rewrite code as needed in order for it to recompile back to executable form.

A person that is knowledgable enough can edit a compiled .exe using nothing more then hex to add or remove from the compiled program but the results will not always be predictable.

I am knowledgable enough in that area to do a bit but I am far from perfect nor do I know everything which is why I consider hex editing to be a trial and error process just like any game modding in general. The only thing I will be hex editing here tho is basicly some of the hardcoded limitations in the game such as vehicle driving, access to certain areas, debug mode (hopefully--the jury is still out on this one if it can be done) and changing some of the hard coded text for my mega mod that I am doing as a gift for the community.

As a side note, I found out some more information dealing with how the stores function in the game and might have a way to double or even triple the amount of goods the stores normally have by default in order to have nearly every item purchaseble....possibly even the ability to purchase skins or new player models...but that one is very iffy due to the amount of work I still have to go through to fully decompile/rewrite the lua scripts which I have not started work on as of yet.

If anyone has any ideas that havent been mentioned before, please jot them down either here or via a pm to me since at this point....I am starting to go fresh out of new ideas on how to tackle some of this....