News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully Modding Low Activity  (Read 2984 times)

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
Bully Modding Low Activity
« on: June 25, 2015, 07:15:50 PM »
Well I noticed something venturing the net today and that is low activity on mods. What happened to all the activity from before?

I am surprised no new missions were created or custom boss fights anything. I would make some new videos but I am on vacation and my laptop's graphics card is junk.

I haven't seen any new videos recently and I am wondering about the bully modding community as of today. You're  telling me 20,000 people watch a shitty GTA mod and nothing for Bully come on people come up with new ideas or somethin.

I may get to releasing Pete's Missing soon and hope to get many people to view and play it. My video already has 10,000 views on my custom mission. How come no one will make anything as of today I want views for to support the board and more active members.

I am releasing the full version of my mods accept Pete's Missing because of a strange control disabling error, after this it will have a release. If anyone needs any help feel free to ask I am always available on my phone and will be active on the board more.

I even created a way to make characters do certain custom functions and here is how it's done. To make a ped do a certain custom move you'd have to set the condition like

To make it repeat over and over you'd use a thread. Or maybe you want a ped to do the action without the use of dead peds then you could use GetTimer and an Action node detector to detect if a certain move was used.

So you could make a ped steal something or make a race and any type of thing. I made a Warriors mod that allows peds to attack when you call them. This is for the zombie mod. I made my very own Zombie Patrol Paths which work with threads also so

Code: [Select]
If pedinrectangle  and l_18_0 == false then
PedMoveToXYZ
end

It makes the ped walk upstairs and downstairs I am trying to figure out how to make it more human like though. I can make a ped think about what's going on around him also with

if Pedhasweapon and l_17_6 == false then
PedMoveToXYZ(Ped)
end

I did a lot of function testing making peds do certain things like going to steal an item and having cops chase them. I even made peds know when you're inside a building making them scatter and hide.

I will be taking videos of these soon and testing to see if I could make a ped guess if you're watching them and stalking them also for my Zombie Mod.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:04:25 AM by LostInSpace »

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
Re: Bully Modding Low Activity
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:40:26 PM »
Your Pete's missing mission was great. But when you are about to chase Davis, you get freezes, and there is nothing you can do about it.

About the main topic. Well, I feel like I've lost interest in modding already. Furthermore, everything has already been done before. I told some people, I'm just missing 3 nodes, to complete all fighting style nodes. But those 3 are literally impossible. And I don't have the spirit to mod anymore.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:42:28 PM by AfterLife »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:49:34 PM »
That's exactly the reason why bully modding is dying.

People think that just because everything related to fighting style mods has been done then you have modded pretty much everything in the game. There are endless posibilities of cool ideas, like mission mods,  but modders nowdays just prefer to make quick 5 minutes action node mods that ANYONE with minimal lua knowledge can make.

Once I said to someone "Small minds limit themselves to fighting style modding only."
I regret having said that but it's the sad truth. Don't take this too seriusly, there are some modders like daboss, lostinspace and even rambo7 who actually make great mods with original ideas.

I remember back in 2014 (around january) that I told red blaster that I was leaving the community because everything was done and there wasn't anything left to explore about the game. Oh god I was so wrong... I tried to stay away from fighting style modding for a while and make some more complex mods like menus, selectors and custom missions. So far I have made an almost complete ped/fighting style selector, 5 custom missions (1 unreleased at the momment) and found plenty of unused stuff in the game files for recreations and other kind of mods.

I'm not gonna lie... the community is dead. The problem is not that other people are not making mods anymore, the problem is that WE aren't making mods anymore.

Offline AfterLife

• The Reaper
  • I'm from the AfterLife...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:36:47 PM »
I'm not gonna lie here, but sometimes, it takes you weeks to find something and modding is seriously getting ridiculously boring. So, as I said, I just want to play with some mission mods, I tried making mission mods, but it's always buggy, your mission was buggy as well, DeadPool. The only person that I saw that actually released things that had no bugs at all was DaBOSS. I like his missions a lot prior to others because they are literally bug-free.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:38:26 PM by AfterLife »

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:44:48 PM »
I'm glad you guys like my missions, it means a lot. I enjoyed making them too so I'll try to make more in the future as well.

I have 2 friends who currently want to make missions as well so that'll help the community a bit.

We may not have a huge community like GTA modding does, but that doesn't at all mean it can't be a good community. The small amount of members actually sort of enables us to more easily know everyone on a personal level and thus have a stronger community.

Similar to what The Dream Is Dead said, everything has not been done at all. Style modding seems to really be the only thing that is done (and to me far over-done). There is still a lot more we can do, such as custom missions.

Wanna know what else hasn't been done? Custom animations, added peds, weapon modifications, modded speech, text color (red is hard to see in my opinion) and tons of other things. Modding isn't just limited to script modding. For me personally I am most interested in script modding because that's what I like, but if you guys are sick of that, try something else. Some of the things I listed admittedly may be a bit much, but they do prove that not everything has been done at all. Modded speech and text colors are 2 goals that seem achievable and will certainly aid mission creation.

If we combine just those 3 things which all seem fairly doable (I even think Reath had at least a start to audio mods, and all we'll have to do to get white text is add to the American.img and use functions like TextPrint) then we could quite easily make huge story-lines to considerably add to the game. There may be a limit to how much can go into a single script, but I haven't ever reached a limit when it comes to how many scripts can be added to the Scripts.img. Another thing we haven't figured out yet is writing to files (or some type of more efficient way to save data for mods) which would also help if we want to save progression in our mods.

If that all sounds like too much, there still is barely any mission mods and I think even just making missions with the knowledge we have now could make for some pretty cool mods and extend the life of Bully modding for a while.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:56:29 AM »
These are looking like some awesome points and sorry for the glitches their are many functions happening during gameplay so it may cause a crash.

I would like for the board to become a little more active and with a lot more videos being done. More videos mean more views and people wanting to learn. UG1 explained to me that during the time of Governmentman123's machinima's it made plenty people do videos that were just like it.

To make a basic mission is easy not hard at all it just takes practice and patience. For beginners making a basic five bracket mission is easy like this.

FindandRescueGary.lua(I usually name mine to give myself ideas.)

Missionscript function
Gary = 170(ID)
PedCreateXYZ(Gary,XYZ)
BlipAddXYZ(2,XYZ)
end

F_Firstinstance function
if Pedinrectangle then
TextPrint("Search for Gary, he has been kidnapped by the dropouts.")
PedCreateXYZ(Ped,XYZ)(Add how many enemies you want, if you want a table Daboss is your man.)
PedSetTypeToAttitude (Ped,1,13,0)(Table your agression also)
PedAttackPlayer (Ped,3)(Makes the peds attack from a distance.)(Table Also)
end

F_Secondinstance function
if PIR then
TextPrint ("Henry is getting away chase after him!")
PedMoveToXYZ(Henry,3,XYZ)
PCXYZ(Ped,XYZ)
(Have characters aid Henry so it makes sense.)
PedGetModel"Model"(Idk no scripts)(Swap for any Ped.)
PedSetInvulnerable(Henry,true)
end

F_ThirdInstance function
if l_70_64 == false and Pedisvalid and PedHasWeapon then
TextPrint ("Their he is, use your slingshot to attack!")
end
if Pedhasweapon and l_17_6 == false and PedisValid then
TextPrint ("No use he has a shield!")
PICKUPCREATEXYZ
TextPrint ("Pick up some firecrackers and throw them!)
end
if Pedhasweapon and l_17_6 == true then
TextPrint ("Henry : Your a smart ass aren't ya, Leon take out the trash!")
end

F_LeonMiniBossFight function
if PedIsValid(Leon) and PedHasWeapon(Pipe) and l_17_0 == false then
PedAttackPlayer(Ped,3)
end

FightInstance function
if Pedhasweapon(Ped,Shield) and l_17_0 == false then
PedDestroyWeapon(Ped,Weapon)
end

FindPipeInstance function
if PedGetHealth(50) and l_17_0 == false then
PEDMOVETOXYZ(PED,3,XYZ)
PICKUPCREATEXYZ(Weapon)
until PedHasWeapon(Weapon)
end

F_FinalBossFightHenry function
if PedIsDead(Leon) and l_17_0 == false and PedHasWeapon (Weapon) then
TextPrint("I don't need shit to waste you school trash!")
end

SuperAttack function
if PedIsValid(Henry) and GetTimer and PedGetHealth(20) then
PedSetActionNode(Action)
TextPrint("Come on kid is that all you got!")
end

DodgeYoShit function
if PedIsValid(Henry) and GetTimer and Pedgethealth then
PedSetActionNode(Action)
end

F_HenryRekt function
if PedIsDead(Henry) and l_17_0 == true then
TextPrint("Henry : Okay, okay Gary is on top of the gas station!")
BlipAddXYZ(2,XYZ)
end

F_GaryFound function
if Pedinrectangle(Blah) and l_17_0 == false and PedisValid(Gary)
TextPrint("Gary : It took you long enough you slacker!")
end

F_FailureCondition function
if PedIsDead(Gary) and l_17_0 == true then
TextPrint("Gary was knocked the fuck out!")
MissionFail(true,false,false)
(ForgoTable how to add failure music)
CameraSetWidescreen(true)
CameraFade(0,500)
end

F_SuccesCondition function
if PedIsValid(Gary) and l_17_0 == false then
MissionSucced (true,false,false)
CAMERASETWIDESCREEN(true)
CameraFade (0,500)
end

You get the idea anyone can try this as a basic starter mission pretty easy and less than 20 bracktes so you wont have to script a lot of functions. I will complete the mission entirely soon enough or if someone would want to do it and create a video of it, would be awesome. Any new modder can test it out, the mission is not scripted correctly and would need to be rescripted.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:15:44 AM by LostInSpace »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 08:11:40 AM »
The GTA community is out of control. Which as you may have heard at least 20 times by now, is why Mad left it.
It's a complete mad-house. At this point, people are hiding keyloggers and phishing software in the files to fuck with people and steal their passwords (and possibly credit card information).

If anything, you should be surprised and really grateful for the Bully community not turning out that way.
- But this does not mean that you shouldn't be concerned with the lack of activity. Far from it.

What we need is to embrace smaller mods again. Reskins, riggings, small things that alter gameplay etc.
Big mods like custom missions are good too, but they take a lot of time to make. If someone gets into the rhytm of pumping out mod after mod again, we could increase the activity.

Then we also have the queen bee of bully modding: Bully-MP.
Boy, is this something that could turn things around or what?

And it's not even cancelled! The thing is on pause because of the devs being exhausted from working their asses off from the get-go.
Bully is a VERY unstable game. Especially when you throw multiplayer into the equation. So all we can do is wait and support the devs as best as we can.
Whether or not you decide to believe that it's real, I'll keep supporting them. Mainly since I have actually played it, so I know for certain that it indeed is real.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »
Well I wouldn't want it to turn out like that but to atleast get more active. Making missions isn't all that hard just some simple scripting and testing.

Basic mods are fine but making a simple Lua script is easy, maybe having a Survival Mod making that wouldn't take to long.

Hopefully we get more members and activity soon.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 05:07:10 PM »
Well, Modding may be slow atm....but as long as at least one person still mods....the modding is not dead yet. It just goes through ups and downs.

You also have to realize something. We live in a era where people have very very short attention spans on games. This means people would rather fight eachother for the chance to get the latest and greatest most uberiffic game there is rather then play something they consider to be stone age tech. I myself still play and mod Doom which is the game that started it all. If it wasn't for Doom....games would not be the way they are today.

Modding here may get more active soon since I will be releasing every single lua script fully decompiled and rewritten exactly as Rockstar did them. This means that the entire game will be fully moddable at this point except for things like the sounds...animations and a couple other minor areas. I am currently in the process of finishing redoing all teh fixes to the scripts since I did originally have them fully intact and decompiled, but somehow lost what I did and am forced to redo it all but, it won't take too long to finish it all up so things are more usable.

What does this mean to all of you? This means you will no longer be limited on the script mods that can be done or released. I realize I should have released all of this long ago but like others here, got caught up in the drama and other stuff going on and ended up literally being burnt out due to it all. That is why I will remain retired from releasing any mods myself. Not unless I come up with a really good idea and get time to do it. Due to writing currently a massive fanfiction...Bullworth of the DEAD...which a few trusted friends have gotten the chance to preview the early drafts of it and see the early artwork for it....it is taking up all my time and concentration so ...no time for really any modding. But, I can still at least get these scripts finished and released since I know people have been long tired of hearing me promise to release them and never deliver. Sorry bout that. But I also have a lot more responsability on my shoulders here then anyone else in the community due to my position here, the fact that I have been trying to somehow keep the community together and dealing with things outside of all of this....it isn't easy for a single guy to do all of that...

I will keep everyone updated on the status of the scripts. I may just release these one or a few at a time as I get them fixed and do it that way....this way things are getting released.

Keep close watch in the scripting section since this is where I will release them in a sticky thread.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »
Good to hear dude that is awesome, releasing them in 10 bulk at a time shouldn't be to bad each chapter of scripts released. Then when the chapter is released get to releasing the interior scripts well just a few.

The testing scripts shouldn't be to hard to release they barely have anything available in them and they are just for checking game functions. The community should advance further into a better active motion soon as the scripts are done.

I will be releasing testing missions with certain types of functions and advancements. The functions I created myself were running,climbing ladders, shooting weapons, checking if peds are near other peds, racing, gates,doors, distance, boss functions like doing a certain move then running away or doing a certain animation I basically just started with function testing.

I am getting more advanced with it also and made a function where Derby can keep doing the running Uppercut even without the use of glitching or crashing.  I made him run behind the counter and run back toward the player and all.

I made a function where a ped can climb all the way up a ladder then climb back down and run kind of hard but it ended up working correctly. I also made a ped run away fe the player all around the city. Then I made a ped run away using a bike following another ped around.

My most famous mod I am currently working on besides the Zombie Mod is the Free Roam Boss Fight and different fights mod. I did functions for Johnny's bike. Then I did the function for Derby's Uppercut. Then I did the function for Peanuts running away from the player in the rumble. Kind of like Prototype when you run over a certain function it plays the role of the mission in free roam. I made the preps and greasers rumble happen. When you press the button you choose a side and fight with them. Same with Jocks and Nerds made battle each other. I made the Bullies and Greasers battle in the Hole with Russell using his Spear and Running Powerbomb when 20 percent of his health is taken away.

I created King Of The Hill its a hell of a lot of fun. Lol when Johnny is playing he throws people off the top of the roof next to the gas starion. You also can choose your clique and fight with them it usually acts as Warriors King Of the Hill where it shows on screen Greasers Vs Preppies then prepare for battle 3, 2, 1, FIGHT! Its really amazing you can also call for your members to help to help you. Which is even more exciting I will get to releasing soon so I am still making more.