News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Rockstar Working on 5 Different Projects  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
Rockstar Working on 5 Different Projects
« on: June 10, 2012, 06:30:11 AM »
I found this on a GTA V forum

E3 2012: Michael Pachter E3 wrap-up note to investors says Grand Theft Auto label has a handful of unannounced projects in the works, GTAV release date reveal "virtually certain" to hit by November.

LOS ANGELES--Rockstar Games may not have any titles at this week's Electronic Entertainment Expo, but the Take-Two label is hard at work on a full slate of games. According to Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter, five Rockstar studio locations are currently working on their own discrete projects

Pachter reported the tidbit in a note to investors recapping his E3 experience, in particular meetings with publishing executives. The Rockstar information came from Pachter's Take-Two management recap. Given the publisher's revenue expectations from Rockstar, Pachter said at least one of these Rockstar projects is certain to launch by the March 2013 end of Take-Two's fiscal year.

Pachter believes one of the Rockstar Games due this fiscal year is the label's only currently announced but unreleased project, Grand Theft Auto V. Given the game's absence at E3 this year, Pachter said a pre-holiday release this year is "less likely." However, he said retailers would likely be told of its launch three to four months in advance, "suggesting that a GTA release date announcement is virtually certain to occur by November."

The only current known one is GTA V so could that mean Bully 2 is one of them projects?
It only adds up!

E:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6381362/rockstar-working-on-five-separate-projects-analyst
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:32:30 AM by Johnny Vincentfan1 »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Rockstar Working on 5 Different Projects
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »
I have no doubts in my mind that we will see a Bully 2 sooner than we're expecting to.

However, take whatever this guy says with a grain of salt.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 01:28:17 PM »
I don't wanna get too excited about Bully 2 until the words "Bully 2 is our next project" or "Bully 2 will be released ?/?/???" or something along those lines.

Exactly.  The Madden-tards get a new fucking game every year and we seem to wait forever.  So I'll only believe it when Rockstar announces it.   :laugh:

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »
I saw that article when I was watching the E3 event on Gamespot.

Don't get to excited until there's some certainty behind Bully 2. To be sitting on the edge all excited and suddenly hear bad news can really suck. I've had my share of those moments.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »
I don't wanna get too excited about Bully 2 until the words "Bully 2 is our next project" or "Bully 2 will be released ?/?/???" or something along those lines.

Exactly.  The Madden-tards get a new fucking game every year and we seem to wait forever.  So I'll only believe it when Rockstar announces it.   :laugh:

This is because sports games are the most popular genre of games vs games like gta or bully.

I can if everyone wants ask a couple of ppl I personally know over at rockstar and see if bully 2 really is one of these 5 projects being worked on and go from there. The worst thing they can do is just tell me that they are not allowed to say yet.....heh.

I will say that if bully 2 does in fact get started...I WILL try to get on the testing team and most likely will end up with a beta invite since I get em all the time and this time I will NOT turn it down like I did with bully 1. Still kicking myself in the ass over that one.

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 04:26:37 PM »
Now I'm all excited. Not only about GTA V and a possible Bully sequel, but also to see new games. Or more sequels? Maybe Manhunt 3?

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »
This is because sports games are the most popular genre of games vs games like gta or bully.

I know.  It still pisses me off.   ;)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:06 PM »
I find planting someone's ass in a trash bin much more fun than sports.

Mike_W

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »
Meh, some sports games are fun. Although it's an older game, I love MLB Slugfest '06.

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
Is there anyone else old enough to remember 10-Yard Fight, Excitebike, Pro Wrestling, and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out?   :laugh:

Mike_W

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 12:20:56 AM »
It's hard to say....I really didn't start playing games until I was about 8 or 9....so maybe I was, maybe I wasn't. lol

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 12:29:45 AM »
^ Well your profile says you're 21 so I doubt it.  Those are all NES games from the 80s.   :laugh:

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 12:30:28 AM »
I have Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. :U

Mike_W

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 12:32:41 AM »
Sure it's not "bite off"?

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
@Algie, no.

But when I was a child I loved all those WWF/E games. I played them a lot until around 2007. I will still very rarely play WWE12 here and there, but the the classics are the older ones.