News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: default.ide in Bully file editor beta  (Read 7292 times)

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
default.ide in Bully file editor beta
« on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:19 PM »
if u open default.ide in bully file editor it shows the same thing as ide.img except more organize! what does default.ide do and what can i do with it?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: default.ide in Bully file editor beta
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »
It doesn't do anything.

It was a porting fuck up from Rockstar.

If you open ide.img with imgtool, you'll see a file called "default.idb". THAT, is the key to editing fighting styles without any problems. But the problem is that it's encrypted in a file format that's difficult to open.

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
You can open it up with hex editor. Its pretty cool because it has what looks like beta fighting styles. They are some called and named generic and special? :D

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 09:43:16 PM »
And the model they're rigged to is Betty...why are there so many instances of her?

Hmm...Mad, if you read this, what are your thoughts?

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »
hmmmm.... that is really weird maybe it is a beta name or something. oh yeah red blaster, for mixing fighting styles do u do it in act.img and rename fighting styles or something like that

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 10:04:20 PM »
No, it's done in the ide strictly. No Act involved. But at the moment I can't say anymore until the mod is finished and fully figured out. Sorry, man.

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 10:04:57 PM »
ok thx for the hint and tell me when mod is done ok? :D :D :D: D

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
Definitely. :)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »
It doesn't do anything.

If you open ide.img with imgtool, you'll see a file called "default.idb". THAT, is the key to editing fighting styles without any problems. But the problem is that it's encrypted in a file format that's difficult to open.

You basicly got it right, But I will add that the .ide files are all source files to the .idb thats located in ide.img and I have a few ppl outside the community that I trust working with me to reverse engineer their formats to make it easy to generate new .idb files from the .ide.

I also have suspected for a while that there may be a way to override the need for the .idb files and  just use the .ide in their place since they are the same type that gta uses as they are Item Definition Files which in gta are not encoded in any way. In bully they are.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 06:11:32 PM »
It doesn't do anything.

You basicly got it right, But I will add that the .ide files are all source files to the .idb thats located in ide.img and I have a few ppl outside the community that I trust working with me to reverse engineer their formats to make it easy to generate new .idb files from the .ide.

I also have suspected for a while that there may be a way to override the need for the .idb files and  just use the .ide in their place since they are the same type that gta uses as they are Item Definition Files which in gta are not encoded in any way. In bully they are.

The default.idb opened with a hex editor...but that's not enough, right?

I would try to alter it that way and then put it back in the ide.img, but I'm afraid of completely screwing up the ide.img
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:06:22 PM by Red Blaster »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »
It won't screw it up.

You actually have more freedom to edit the default.idb vs the ide.img since .img files are archives not much different then rar or zip in the case that if you edit any parts of them and add a extra space...null character or somthing else by accident....it causes bully to crash.

If you do that to just the default.idb file...generally you will not see those same problems and have a little more freedom to edit them.

I have been working almost round the clock trying to reverse engineer the format since its strange that bully uses a encoded version of them where gta uses the same format the .ide files are which are basic item definition files...nothing more. I have some theories on  the formatting but have not had any easy way to test those since I am doing all of this  alone due to not finding anyone else in the community that can code like I can....so atm I am making very slow progress on it and almost am at a standstill since I am running out of ideas on this.

If you have any ideas just let me know and I will check anything that has not already been checked since those .idb files are the key to fully modding bully. Once they are figured out format/encoding wise...we can do almost anything to the game without touching a hex editor and have a much easier and bug free way to change fighting styles .....animations and other things.