News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Dialogue  (Read 13370 times)

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Dialogue
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 12:49:08 PM »
And if it's a failure, then most likely you want see a sequel. Just look at CoD, last two game have broke sales records two years in a row.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »
The possibility of seeing that sequel is low though. If the first was a failure then it could be risky making another. It would have to be something they're running safe with and know people will like or they'll have to drop that game entirely and focus upon the making of a new one.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2011, 07:48:03 PM »
The first Killzone was a failure, didn't sell well at all. And a lot of people saw it as a failure, but now were on the third one. Bully was enough of a success to warrant a second one, Red Dead Revolver wasn't all the well. And Smuggler's Run had more than one game. That was also a Rockstar game if you didn't know, a lot of people don't know about that series. But the biggest thing is GTA the first and second one wasn't really that good, now look at the series.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 07:20:44 AM »
Its all about the reputation of the developer. If they just failed to a game, they need to either improve it or make a different (and successful one) in order to regain the reputation.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:31:05 PM by King Cobra »