News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Russell just housed Mr. Smith for me  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Hejira

• View Profile
Russell just housed Mr. Smith for me
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »
I was driving the tractor back to school - I had used it to push over the Mr. Burton containing Port-a-Potty.  I knocked Mr. Smith (older chubby guy in a hawaiian shirt) off his bike.  He started following me and because of the slow speed of the tractor, made all the way onto campus.  I finally got off the tractor, and he's looking for a fight but not doing anything.  I couldn't taunt him away from me either, so I ran by my loyal friend Russell and paid him a dollar.  I wasn't entirely sure it would work.  But sure enough, I just BUMPED into Mr Smith and Russell goes off on him.  It was very one sided.  The prefects did nothing, as well.   I love Russell... I wish I knew how to get him to fight prefects. 

Mike_W

Re: Russell just housed Mr. Smith for me
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
I've had Russell fight the prefects before, and it's funny! The prefects try to bust him, but when they grab Russell, he just pushes them off. Of course this only works when you pay him....and even then there is only a 50-50 chance it will work.

Offline Hejira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
So he'll never try and fight a prefect unless he's a bodyguard? 

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 02:20:37 PM »
HA. Sometimes I'll run into the boxing gym and an adult will follow me in and try to citizen's arrest Jimmy. Every prep in the gym will beat up the adult and oh man it's so funny to watch. :') Because the adult. Will do nothing.

Mike_W

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »
So he'll never try and fight a prefect unless he's a bodyguard? 

Pretty much. Sometimes if a prefect grabs him and you thow an egg at Russell and the prefect when locked together, Russell will throw a running punch at the prefect, but he will then run away right after.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
I've had Russell fight the prefects before, and it's funny! The prefects try to bust him, but when they grab Russell, he just pushes them off. Of course this only works when you pay him....and even then there is only a 50-50 chance it will work.

This isn't even possible. That, or your story is a little skewed, no offense.

Male authority figures, with the exception of orderlies, only have two ways of busting people. That's either through a running grapple, which can bust anyone, and also a bust from a standstill where they pull their arms back slowly and then reach out. This results in an automatic bust, even if it's done on the player without a red meter.

Now on the player, even from a standstill, they use a grapple. I assume this is so that the player can still escape if his wanted level isn't high enough.

Male adults can also bust ungrapple-able students if they use a running grapple. But from a standstill, they're pushed back.

And last not but not least, female authority and orderlies can't bust grapple-immune characters.

Mike_W

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 05:35:22 PM »
My story isn't skewed, Red. :p

I'm dead serious, maybe it's something PS2 exclusive? But anyways, in my experience, if you pay Russell to be your guard, you can get him to attack prefects sometimes. Normally what I do is have a prefect grapple me for a minor crime. Then, after stepping on his foot, etc. I throw itching powder on him and make the prefect brush by Russell. Sometimes this provokes him and he'll start hitting the prefect. When the prefect tries to grapple Russell, Russell just pushes the prefect off like an adult does to Jimmy. HOWEVER, they can bust Russell if the do that punching motion while standing still.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 05:46:43 PM »
I'm p. sure Mike's right, Red.

Mike_W

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
I may not be an expert modder, but I am pretty advanced in my knowledge of knowing what makes things tick and how to exploit fun little things ;)

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 05:56:07 PM »
Here's the thing, guys: Yes, you can get him to beat up prefects when you hire him and he commits a major violation.

But they just stand there. They don't fight back at all, and I've tested this on the PS2 version to be sure. They never fight back.

And in both versions for me, they NEVER use a grapple from a standstill on NPC's. They always use that punching motion. The only time they grapple from a standstill is on the player.

I guess that mechanic might vary based on the version...but what I'm saying is based on extensive testing, so sorry if I come off as a dick.

Mike_W

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 10:25:05 PM »
Nah, don't worry about it, you didn't come off as a dick.

I just know what I've seen, and like I mentioned, it doesn't work everytime, but sometimes it does. Maybe my version is fucked up. If I could get someone to take a vid of me playing I could try and demonstrate it.